Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Jan 6, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #556 of 635
Hi, I'm new here...
Also I just don't get it.
People wanted a dap ...And that is exactly what they got!
It's a dap!!!
Do all Mojo owners want to spend another ..1000 ...1200...1500 pounds on a new mojo with sd card, streaming and a screen?
There would be outrage!!

Or is this add on just what they want?
Mojo dac and ability to play from SD card and stream.

If anyone says they don't have their mobile phone on them at all times...I will claw my eyes out!!!!!
We all know it!

People bought the Mojo because it was a great DAC...
The Poly only serves to make it more user friendly.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #561 of 635
I think the Poly is pretty revolutionary. 
Hugo 2 was expected. The CD player, dont know whats up with that. But the poly alone is good enough if they implemented it properly, and if the app is up to the mark.

I was really hoping they integrated MQA support into it. but alas.
You will be able to use your existing applications to stream to Poly via Airplay, DLNA, Roon, and MPD to play the media from the SD card regarding MQA we are in conversation with Roon on this matter

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #562 of 635
Info below

http://earphonia.com/digital-audio-players-daps/chord-electronics-hugo-2-blu-2-poly/

Laid bare

Really looking forward to trying these out 
redface.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #563 of 635
Yeah pass on the Poly at that price point for sure. Think I'll go with a $35 Chromecast instead. Strap it to a battery pack for portability if needed. And I'm already feeling better about using an OTG cable. Want SD card functionality? Get a phone that takes SD cards.

Was very excited until I heard that price.
When designing Poly the user's convenience and freedom from cables was the key objective. Poly provides a small easy way of providing a Mojo Ready streaming solution that has the capability to play current Audio formats whilst having the ability to be remotely updated to accommodate new Audio standards as the appear.

Poly is much more than just an SD card player, having Roon integration, DLNA support and MPD functionality all without tying you to any one App.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #564 of 635
When designing Poly the user's convenience and freedom from cables was the key objective. Poly provides a small easy way of providing a Mojo Ready streaming solution that has the capability to play current Audio formats whilst having the ability to be remotely updated to accommodate new Audio standards as the appear.

Poly is much more than just an SD card player, having Roon integration, DLNA support and MPD functionality all without tying you to any one App.

How would one stream from Tidal/Spotify with Android based phones since Airplay does not apply? 

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #565 of 635

Will the DLNA support include gapless playback?

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #569 of 635
Congratulations to the Chord team with the release of the new Poly. I am enjoying the audio quality of the Mojo a lot , so I have confidence that the Poly will be a true audiophile product. Most of us know that different software players have different sound quality, same for hardware sources.

John from Chord, could you maybe tell us something about the SQ of the Poly, for example would the Mojo + Poly operated by phone sound better than Mojo + cable + phone ?
The fast processing power is interesting, will this also contribute to higher sound quality?

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #570 of 635
Consider that the Sonore microRendu is 640 USD without a power supply, the poly price point is not bad if it performs as well. From my perspective, the Poly does just what the microRendu does, a purposely-built audiophile network transport -- but on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back