Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Dec 24, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #36 of 635
Almost nobody does

...however, 12 days isn't really such a long time, is it?  

Let's hope we won't be waiting in vain... but I guess that was not what you wanted to hint :wink:

Reminds me how the German CDU used to play Angie from the Stones on their national annual congresses until someone figured out the passage 'Angie ain't it time to say goodbye?'
:p

Cheers

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #37 of 635

Almost nobody does

Let's hope we won't be waiting in vain... but I guess that was not what you wanted to hint
wink.gif

Reminds me how the German CDU used to play Angie from the Stones on their national annual congresses until someone figured out the passage 'Angie ain't it time to say goodbye?'
tongue.gif

Cheers

LOL - yes, I suppose you can interpret it both ways.

No one wants to wait in vain, but common sense should prevail:  why would Chord announce some forthcoming releases if there were no forthcoming releases?

12 days isn't too long to wait to find out what the releases will be, regardless of whether or not they turn out to be exactly what some individuals were hoping for, and I'm sure that they will satisfy quite a few people's souls, including Bob Marley fans. At the very least, one might beneficially save their cash in anticipation, instead of blowing it all during the impulse-spending-spree that is the post-Xmas sales, and thereby probably end up with something much nicer.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but it seems the simple art of patience is lost in todays society
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #38 of 635

LOL - yes, I suppose you can interpret it both ways.

No one wants to wait in vain, but common sense should prevail:  why would Chord announce some forthcoming releases if there were no forthcoming releases?

12 days isn't too long to wait to find out what the releases will be, regardless of whether or not they turn out to be exactly what some individuals were hoping for, and I'm sure that they will satisfy quite a few people's souls, including Bob Marley fans. At the very least, one might beneficially save their cash in anticipation, instead of blowing it all during the impulse-spending-spree that is the post-Xmas sales, and thereby probably end up with something much nicer.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but it seems the simple art of patience is lost in todays society
rolleyes.gif

Now that's good advice!  

Merry Christmas, Mython!   

The announcement will be fun and hopefully the beginning of a very good year for us all! 

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #39 of 635
Yeah you're right Mython, it's impossible to please everyone, but I am more than optimistic that I will like the news from CES.

Anyway this post was just from the top of my head... eggnog and scotch filled head... it's late in Germany :)

Cheers

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #42 of 635

Almost nobody does

Well, time is relative and I'm an impatient person so... 
wink.gif

I want a desktop Mojo that's 4 times as powerful and at the affordable price of GBP 499 and that can be run directly from Thunderbolt (USB-C) port of my new MacBook. Too much to ask for? 
tongue.gif

But yes, this would make almost all desktop amps below USD 1000 obsolete.

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #44 of 635
Hm I think Mython is correct pointing out, that there will be announcements not related to Mojo.

The Mojo Add On is a given.
The question is what functions it will have.

I could imagine a 'headless DAP' maybe with rudimentary controle via hardware buttons and the full controle via Smartphone.

Other than that it's possibly the new high end CD transport and maybe a pumped up TTOBY... I can't imagine Chord going into speakers... would be great though :)

Anyway we'll find out, soon.

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #45 of 635
 I believe at least we will get a   BLU 2   to match DAVE's specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back