Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Jan 5, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #331 of 635
Due to the risk of this thread being derailed into an MQA discussion, I'll stick my neck out and let you know that MQA for Mojo is not on the cards for the CES announcement.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #332 of 635
  Sorry for off topic but I got confused by Tidal MQA announcement. Went to Tidal app and played a song from the "Masters" section from some Led Zeppelin album and it's still same old FLAC. What's going on here?

Right now MQA only works on the Tidal Desktop application. I'm actually testing it right now. It isn't available on the mobile side of things yet.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #334 of 635
  Due to the risk of this thread being derailed into an MQA discussion, I'll stick my neck out and let you know that MQA for Mojo is not on the cards for the CES announcement

Oh, too bad then. Maybe Chord gets the hint and tries implementing MQA into their current lineup, like other manufacturers are doing, soon.
I really would love my mojo to be able to play tidal MQA as that would greatly increase the library of Hi-Res lossless music that i can listen to. the current DSD offerings are very very limited.  

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #335 of 635
Due to the risk of this thread being derailed into an MQA discussion, I'll stick my neck out and let you know that MQA for Mojo is not on the cards for the CES announcement.
Well now that we know MQA is not in the cards, can you assure us that we will get something similar to the Dave but cheaper or the Dave cheaper lol!! Would love to hear that

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #336 of 635
Lets hope headfi servers can handle the traffic as the cool products get announced 
redface.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #339 of 635

On the contrary. I've read Various articles saying that MQA is basically as good as DSD in a much much smaller file size due to compression so it can be streamed. 

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/06/an-inconvenient-truth-mqa-sounds-better/

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YITtscFKiGC/learn/high-resolution-audio-guide.html

sure on good productions it's only sound better
but my point is: if the production is done 'mehish' then it doesn't matter...
you can't put lipstick on a pig.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #340 of 635
Even though I just bought my Mojo, if the rumor of a Hugo 2 with a novel aesthetic design is true, I'll be selling my Mojo.

I owned the Hugo for about a year, but ultimately I found matching headphones to its upper frequency character a bit of a challenge when it comes to listening for long periods of time; with the Mojo I can listen for hours on end with no fatigue. Additionally, I found the build quality not up to par with my expectations in that the RCA jacks loosened with the frequent removal of my Kimber interconnects, the same with the USB connections, the bluetooth performance was inferior to lesser priced bluetooth devices I owned at the time, and just the overall clutter of all the different connections.

I'm a minimalist at heart and I love simple, elegant design, hence my attraction to the Mojo's form factor. If a new Hugo can surpass the technical specs, sharpen up the connection clutter, and maybe employ some of the design elements of the Mojo, I'm all in.

With that said, if Chord indeed releases a DAP, I may give up my beloved AK240SS.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #345 of 635

Users who are viewing this thread

Back