Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 13, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #4,247 of 4,904
Anyone used high end iem's with blu/dave. Curious about this.

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #4,249 of 4,904
He was playing with English to create humour. Doctors and Nurses have patients. but you meant that a person should have patience (same sound but different meaning). Isn't English complicated?
Yeah, my English were wrong there :sweat_smile:
I confused the terms

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #4,251 of 4,904
tu inglés es mejor que el mío y soy nativo que dijo: mi español es excelente si uso Google..

:)
Back to topic, the MScaler seems a steal for that price. After more than 1 year with the Blu2 it is very difficult to go without it, and the MScaler seems to be, at least, as good as the Blu2. I have used the CD only a few times (all my files are CDrips but I need DSP in my room, so I get better sound with computer audio) Anyway, if someone has not the patience to wait for the MScaler and can get a second hand Blu2 for a good price (given he/she won't need a CD spinner), it is worth the spent. I believe the ferrites topic has shadowed the true strengths of this device. Truly outstanding

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #4,252 of 4,904
Yeah, my English were wrong there :sweat_smile:
I confused the terms
You are forgiven! I once had a Spanish guy work for me and we had some fun over the complexities of understanding each others languages. It's the colloquialisms that catch us out.
Anyway, yes patience is needed for release of M Scaler.

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #4,253 of 4,904
Anyone used high end iem's with blu/dave. Curious about this.
I have tried my Shure SE846 that I generally use with the Mojo on my Dave and Blu 2. The transparency and sound quality improvement over the Mojo is incredible.

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #4,254 of 4,904
No I hadn't said Blu2 USB had the same galvanic isolation as Dave - it's isolated via the BNC galvanic isolation. Since the really nasty RF stuff is from the FPGA, and around 2GHz, where the galvanic isolation is less effective, then the noise from the source is extremely small beer - as this is ferrite filtered anyway, and does not have the high frequency noise that the FPGA has got. So my thinking was isolating the USB source would make no difference to the SQ, as the source noise is isolated effectively from the DAC.
My understanding is that the new M-scaler took into consideration the RF issues with the BLU 2 and has internal ferrites built in to solve this. So would buying very expensive ferrite dressed dual BNC cables (eg WAVE) really make a worthwhile improvement in SQ for the M-scaler as it does for the BLU 2???

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #4,255 of 4,904
My understanding is that the new M-scaler took into consideration the RF issues with the BLU2 and has internal ferrites built in to solve this. So would buying very expensive ferrite dressed dual BNC cables really make a worthwhile improvement in SQ for the M-scaler?
Time will tell but I’m guessing that well engineered cables without the 2GHz ferrites will be the way to go. I’m planning on trying the CA coax without additional ferrites and a home made triax w/2 lf ferrites.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4,258 of 4,904
I know most on here are using the Blu2 with the chord Dave. I have the blu2 hooked up to my Quest for now.

My question is, would I still have the noise issue without using the ferrites on my BNC cable?

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #4,259 of 4,904
I know most on here are using the Blu2 with the chord Dave. I have the blu2 hooked up to my Quest for now.
My question is, would I still have the noise issue without using the ferrites on my BNC cable?

Yes.

I see you are in London. I have a loan pair of ferrited cables out at the moment. When they are back you could borrow them so you can see hear what it sounds like when the RF noise is gone. You can then decide if you want to try clip on ferrites or any of the other after market cables that various people use.

I am not trying to sell you anything, this is a genuine offer merely to let you hear what you are missing as it is difficult to know without hearing it. It will only cost you the postage to send them back to me.

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #4,260 of 4,904
Clearer Audio
Do you mean this inexpensive one??

upload_2018-8-15_17-36-6.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back