Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 11, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #4,233 of 4,904
For the avoidance of doubt, I didn't mean my bet in a sarcastic way. I genuinely expect that the output from the M-scaler can be improved upon, because nothing is 100% perfect. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong and we can all be totally satisfied with the stock BNC cable, so we can save ourselves money and anguish - I'm just betting that it won't happen like that :)

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #4,235 of 4,904
And it sort of depends on what ferrites you use on the Blu2 dual cables, how many, how tight they are on the cables and how well they target the 2GHz as to whether the new MScaler isolation is better or the same. And obviously it will come as no surprise that I will have a play when I get my hands on a HMScaler to see what happens with various cables . . . .

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #4,236 of 4,904
And it sort of depends on what ferrites you use on the Blu2 dual cables, how many, how tight they are on the cables and how well they target the 2GHz as to whether the new MScaler isolation is better or the same. And obviously it will come as no surprise that I will have a play when I get my hands on a HMScaler to see what happens with various cables . . . .
Let’s hope there is a daughter board upgrade

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #4,237 of 4,904
Carrying on from my mini review of Triode User's WAVE BNC cables; now that I've spent more time auditioning them, I can't praise enough just how good these cables are and what an improvement they have made to my system over the Chord Signature that I was using previously - I've certainly spent more for less. IMO they really do bring out the best of a Blu2/DAVE combination.
Re-visiting some of my favourite tracks, I'm now hearing more detail with a richness and musicality that just wasn't there before, and no sibilance or harshness.

The thing is that without having joined this great forum, I would never have been aware of the Blu2/Dave RF issue and that there is now a solution. I would have been happily enjoying my new gear, thinking that this is as good as it gets.

For folks not yet convinced there's a great review of how these cables compare to many other current BNC cables over on Audio-Bacon.

Nick's cables can be found at www.wavehighfidelity.com

I'm now in the process of evaluating different USB cables and will report back.

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #4,238 of 4,904
Just cancelled my order for Blu Mk II and replaced with Hugo M Scaler. Seems like a no brainer as I don't use cd. Just hope there aren't any emerging issues with the M Scaler, such as like the Blu Mk II ferrites issue.

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #4,239 of 4,904
Just cancelled my order for Blu Mk II and replaced with Hugo M Scaler. Seems like a no brainer as I don't use cd. Just hope there aren't any emerging issues with the M Scaler, such as like the Blu Mk II ferrites issue.

No you won’t need those expensive ferrite cables with MScaler, so not only is it much cheaper it’s also far better improved by robs great effort to eliminate the need for ferrites.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #4,240 of 4,904
I hope you are a patient person:slight_smile:

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #4,241 of 4,904
I'm not a doctor or nurse if that's what you mean.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #4,242 of 4,904
Everyone is all in on the M scaler yet we have no real comparisons or opinions on its performance vs. Blu/dave. Also, we don't have a release date. Keep in mind you'll likely receive it months after you place the order.
I waited 4 months from my time of purchase for blu2 (black model).

I have blu/dave and I couldn't be happier.

I'm using reference silver bnc cables with suppressors (ferrites) installed during the build process. There are two on each cable near the termination.

I couldn't be happier thus far.

I plan to do a more thorough review of my system in the weeks to come and I encourage those who have this pair to do the same.

I have no issues or complaints about EMI or ground noise. The two are remarkably revealing and I look forward to comparing/contrasting playback from the transport vs. Usb streaming.

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #4,243 of 4,904
I'm not a doctor or nurse if that's what you mean.

I simply state that the waiting time for the M scaler could be longer than the "this autumn" announced. Only that

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #4,244 of 4,904
Everyone is all in on the M scaler yet we have no real comparisons or opinions on its performance vs. Blu/dave. Also, we don't have a release date. Keep in mind you'll likely receive it months after you place the order.
I waited 4 months from my time of purchase for blu2 (black model).

I have blu/dave and I couldn't be happier.

I'm using reference silver bnc cables with suppressors (ferrites) installed during the build process. There are two on each cable near the termination.

I couldn't be happier thus far.

I plan to do a more thorough review of my system in the weeks to come and I encourage those who have this pair to do the same.

I have no issues or complaints about EMI or ground noise. The two are remarkably revealing and I look forward to comparing/contrasting playback from the transport vs. Usb streaming.
Rob says it’s the same as blu2, except without a CD player. So any opinions you see in regards, passing digital audio into blu2, should be the ball park for mscaler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back