Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 22, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #316 of 4,904
Rob Watts:

"There will be "get up and going" BNC to BNC cables - for two reasons. Running at 768 kHz SPDIF is a first; I was worried that somebody would use a flaky BNC cable that was not true 75 ohm coaxial cable. So supplying a set that is guaranteed to work will prove that a potential problem was the cables. The second reason is just to make sure you are up and running immediately.

I have tested it with a range of expensive BNC and it worked perfectly so perhaps my worries are not really a problem. Will be doing some proper listening tests when I get back from Asia."

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #318 of 4,904
Actually it is still with my dealer in Singapore. Been inform by my dealer that my Prepaid BluMK2 arrived. Couldn't believe it until show me the picture.

I am located in Sydney Australia going back next week to Singapore to collect it. Can't wait to listen to it.

Chord never include BNC cable even on CD Blu before.

Wow what a set up I'm so jealous

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #319 of 4,904
So close yet so far to getting it!

I like your 'everything to hand' placing of your kit. Are those tubes I see in the amp? I'm only slightly concerned by what looks like a foo mains plug on the Dave.

I think that must be his dealer's set up as it's not yet been collected. Maybe the dealer could let us have some first impressions?

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #320 of 4,904
I think that must be his dealer's set up as it's not yet been collected. Maybe the dealer could let us have some first impressions?

The photo shows the original Blu . . .

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #321 of 4,904
Actually it is still with my dealer in Singapore. Been inform by my dealer that my Prepaid BluMK2 arrived. Couldn't believe it until show me the picture.

I am located in Sydney Australia going back next week to Singapore to collect it. Can't wait to listen to it.

Very nice setup and with the BeoLab 12-2 Grey speakers in the background =) 

Can you describe what type of power refinement gear you are using on the floor?
I can see the Nordost power capacitors and power line, but the rest is hard to see.

Then how do you feel about the M-Scaler upgrade vs DAVE alone ?

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #322 of 4,904

Very nice setup incl the BeoLab 12-2 Grey speakers in the background you got there!

What power refinement gear are you using, it is little hard to see on the picture?

And the one million question, how do you feel about the sound upgrade with the M-Scaler vs the DAVE alone?

Quote:

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #326 of 4,904
You don't happened to need someone to help burn in the unit for you, so you're ready to go by the time you come collect yours?

Its ok you can thank me later... :joy:

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #327 of 4,904
So close yet so far to getting it!

I like your 'everything to hand' placing of your kit. Are those tubes I see in the amp? I'm only slightly concerned by what looks like a foo mains plug on the Dave.

OK, my bad, not an amp, just a load of foo.
wink_face.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #329 of 4,904
It is nordost QV2's harmonic filters put into the nordost powerAC line

http://www.nordost.com/qrt/qv2-ac-line-harmonizer.php

Each to his own.

I can't say what I think about this as it would severely test the mods patience and more than likely insult fellow members of the forum. Anyway, it would be off topic.
blink.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #330 of 4,904
Have you tried different cables and are you headphones or speakers..?

No, that's that only pair of Nordost TYR2 75ohms Digital cable I own for now. Will buy another pair soon to compare to hear if there are any different. With another pair of BNC I can than connect both Blu and Blu MK2 to DAVE for a A/B back to back listening.

They are Headphone system only. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back