Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #4,546 of 4,904

I have 3 of the original Ceraball feet under my Dave and Blu2. They are raised up 30 mm. It is a very worthwhile upgrade, not only for sound quality but mainly it keeps them much cooler. Even during the very hot summer, the Blu2 just got slightly warm. There is not much difference in its temperature when it is in standby and when it is operating. Unfortunately the original Ceraball feet are no longer available. I can recommend Ansuz resonance control, but they are expensive.

I use rubber door stops . . . . (sorry about the poor photo)

door stops.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #4,548 of 4,904
Several questions probably already answered somewhere but didn’t find it:

1. The stock BNC cables have what issues and if so why would they be included?

2. For the best price performance what length BNC cables are ideal.

3. What adapter is needed and how are dual BNC cables connected to the HUGO2?

Thanks

Can't answer 3 for you because I don't own a hugo 2 but if it has 2 bnc's then 2 bnc's from blu to hugo...

the stock bnc cables are hmm... are crap.... token gesture they are included...
1.5M is ideal not 2M

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #4,549 of 4,904
I use rubber door stops . . . . (sorry about the poor photo)

I ended up getting the Choral stand, stacking the M-Scaler underneath. I love the look!

0115639A-7C9F-4FE0-9E00-A61D65164712.jpeg

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #4,550 of 4,904
I ended up getting the Choral stand, stacking the M-Scaler underneath. I love the look!

Nice but my door stop feet cost £5 total.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #4,552 of 4,904
Maybe not surprising in view of the speculation that a Blu2 and a Hugo2 might be better than a DAVE, or the fact that the M Scaler seems to render some of the DAVE redundant.

This depends on the capability of the Hugo to outperform the DAVE as a dac. This really isn't the money saving comparison people are talking about... Mscaler plus Hugo2 is that better than the Dave dac by itself... ... that will depend on the Hugo2's dac performance capabilities... not sure at this point.... but I'm skeptical .. there were comparisons already with blu2/DAVE blu2/Hugo and its obvious who one there....

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #4,553 of 4,904

Interesting but it doesn't quite get there for me aesthetically and the economics of it just don't make sense. Chord should just offer a standalone M Scaler in the Choral design. However, I will say your photo makes the DAVE look nice in silver. And for those wondering, here is the same setup in black.

IMG_8825.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #4,554 of 4,904
Interesting but it doesn't quite get there for me aesthetically and the economics of it just don't make sense. Chord should just offer a standalone M Scaler in the Choral design. However, I will say your photo makes the DAVE look nice in silver.
I completely agree the economics make no sense. But that ship sailed long ago.

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #4,555 of 4,904
Are you serious??? Hugo 2 is not in the same league as the DAVE...

Well my post was from a while back but still the in,y people who could say how a Hugo2 plus Blu2 stacks up against a solo Dave are those who have heard that comparison.

Have you compared solo Dave to Hugo2 connected to Blu2 ?

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #4,557 of 4,904
I don't own the inferior Hugo 2 ..... again read above that's not what people are talking about.....

Sorry, I obviously dont get what you are saying.You quoted me from 2017 and I responded. Can you elaborate on your point?

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #4,559 of 4,904
The best price savings are with the Mscaler... that is where the attention is......

Ok then, have you compared Hugo2 and Mscaler to a Dave by itself? Or do you have a Dave and Mscaler? I'm just trying to see what your point is.

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #4,560 of 4,904
Ok then, have you compared Hugo2 and Mscaler to a Dave by itself? Or do you have a Dave and Mscaler? I'm just trying to see what your point is.

I have the DAVE / Blu2 setup... the Mscaler to me would be useless... though its a nice looking product... we did comparisons... the Hugo2/blu2 dave/blu2 same as the mscaler... in respect to taps... Dave is superior in every way but that should not be a surprise... hugo2/mscaler vs Dave ; this is a tough one... because the Hugo does not have the sonic abilities of the DAVE. So in theory you should get a better sound... but in reality that depends... on what your driving... .. I guess you could hook up the hugo2 to an amp then maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back