Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Feb 14, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #2,611 of 4,904
Somebody needs to report the above post to the moderators, for bad taste, and to the DAC police, for crimes against DAVE
Isn't it true that Chord Dealers have powers of entry to go into peoples houses where there are reported sightings of Spice Girls CDs and seize the Chord equipment in order to preserve the good name of the brand?

All I know is @rgs9200m is clearly a menace to society and must be stopped before he re-offends!
shaking head emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #2,613 of 4,904
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #2,615 of 4,904
Anyway... back to Blu...

I must say I'm rather envious of those of you who have a Blu, but I'm curious - how many of you are using it primarily for 2ch loudspeaker set-ups, rather than primarily for headphones?

The reason I ask is that I would anticipate that the maximum subjective benefit from Blu might be for loudspeaker set-ups, since I am of the opinion that depth cues are somewhat more perceivable via loudspeakers than via headphones (controversial, perhaps!)

I asked something similar of DAVE users, some time ago.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #2,617 of 4,904
People can come in and listen to whatever they want at our store. I just scream internally when I hear people playing their weird music at super high volumes through our pair of Utopia or LCD-4.
Just like guitarists playing Stairway to Heaven' at loud volumes adnausium in a music store! I, like, feel yer pain, dude.

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,618 of 4,904
Anyway... back to Blu...

I must say I'm rather envious of those of you who have a Blu, but I'm curious - how many of you are using it primarily for 2ch loudspeaker set-ups, rather than primarily for headphones?

The reason I ask is that I would anticipate that the maximum subjective benefit from Blu might be for loudspeaker set-ups, since I am of the opinion that depth cues are somewhat more perceivable via loudspeakers than via headphones (controversial, perhaps!)

Actually that can easily be tested. Just bring ur fav cans to a shop that carry blu/dave, then switch the usb cable from blu to dave, and vice versa, and see if you hear the difference.

I'd actually be surprised if you don't.

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #2,619 of 4,904
Somebody needs to report the above post to the moderators, for bad taste, and to the DAC police, for crimes against DAVE
People can come in and listen to whatever they want at our store. I just scream internally when I hear people playing their weird music at super high volumes through our pair of Utopia or LCD-4.

You mean something like this masterpiece?

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #2,620 of 4,904
Anyway... back to Blu...

Well, yes, I’m primarily using it with speakers but my HE-1000 V2’s plugged straight into the BluDave is really quite something. Enough almost to convert me to Headfi! I can’t imagine that there’s anything else out there that sounds much better into a good pair of headphones than the BluDave.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #2,621 of 4,904
Well, yes, I’m primarily using it with speakers but my HE-1000 V2’s plugged straight into the BluDave is really quite something. Enough almost to convert me to Headfi! I can’t imagine that there’s anything else out there that sounds much better into a good pair of headphones than the BluDave.

Have you heard the Abyss Phi vs HEKv2's with BluDAVE? Both are on my audition list, but I'd appreciate impressions from someone that has been able to A/B them with BluDAVE

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #2,622 of 4,904
Have you heard the Abyss Phi vs HEKv2's with BluDAVE? Both are on my audition list, but I'd appreciate impressions from someone that has been able to A/B them with BluDAVE

No, I just couldn’t see myself wearing them to be honest. :wink: I’ve had HD800 for several years and I also had a pair of HD800S, but the S just weren’t getting any useage, so I traded them in for the HE-K’s. I went to a place that had all the leading phones on display and, after comparing, I finally chose the HE-K over the Focal Utopia. These were the top two for me and they’re both great, it comes down to personal preference at that level I think.

I didn’t try the Abyss as they were not out on display at the time. They did ask me if I wanted to try a pair as they had some in stock, but I declined. If I’d have really liked them, I’d have had to wear them! They’re twice the price as well.

Edit - just for clarity, my comment on aesthetics should be taken as fairly tongue in cheek. I use speakers primarily in my main system and the Abyss are just too expensive for me for just occasional use. The Abyss, basic package, are £4,950 list price in the U.K. whereas I got my HE-K for £2,000.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #2,623 of 4,904
They didn’t have the Abyss out at the time. They did ask me if I wanted to try a pair as they had some in, but I declined. If I’d have really liked them, I’d have had to wear them! They’re twice the price as well.

Ha! I figure the aesthetics are a feature. If I'm wearing them, I don't see them, but everyone else that does will quickly turn around and leave me to listen to music in peace :wink:

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #2,624 of 4,904
I am primarily using the abyss phi with my dave/blu2 but also own the LCD-4 and Utopia and both are also fantastic

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,625 of 4,904
Just received my Chord Blu MK II today. Reserved on 1/15/18, ordered on 1/24/18, arrived at local dealer on 2/5/18, and taken home today on 2/15/18. My bedroom headphone system is now 80% complete. BluDave has finally become a reality. Thank you Chord. Thank you my dear dealer!!!:)

IMG_4542.jpgIMG_4543.jpgIMG_4544.jpgIMG_4546.jpgIMG_4549.jpgIMG_4547.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back