Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Mar 19, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #80 of 1,746
I too would appreciate it getting in the hands of reviewers...and better yet...to forum members here. This one is at the top of my list.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #81 of 1,746
Chord tell me that 2 Qute is being shipped by end March. But they are heavily back-ordered, first production is sold out. The next production batch is early April. They will be shipping out ASAP.

Rob

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #83 of 1,746
Rob, I believe I read that you had tried different spdif convertors. Have you tried the more expensive convertors such as the Audiophilleo with it's pure power supply?

It has been suggested that the AP convertor made a difference on the Hugo. I have one I'm debating on selling but I would like to hear your response. Perhaps I should hold off the sale for now?

Also, what do you think about the effectiveness of usb cables that have an 'active shield'  such as the audio quest diamond and synergistic research?

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #85 of 1,746
The 2Qute is starting to arrive in stories...
http://audiot.squarespace.com/manchester/2015/3/24/chord-electronics-2qute-dac-arrives-in-manchester.html

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #86 of 1,746
To quote my fellow head-fi-er above, "Oh Man", I can not wait. I like that black to. That's been the biggest debate going on in my mind ever since I began prepping my table for paint. It's going to be flat black so - black or silver?

I'm not sure what Rob meant by the first batch is sold out. I spoke to my dealer and he said nothing had changed on his end. They have plenty ordered so maybe it's sold out to the dealers?

Regardless I'm ready for mine 'Yesterday'. Peace my brothers.

Also, in the next few weeks I'm sure we will get an answer (finally) to the question, "Does the 2Qute sound as good or better than the Hugo?"

popcorn.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #87 of 1,746
The 2Qute manual is now online: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/files/2Qute%20manual.pdf

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #88 of 1,746
Nice manual but I think someone got the dimension's and weight crossed.

No show at CanJam?? I see the Hugo and HugoTT getting a work out but why not 2Qute as it's supposed to be in the stores next month??

On a little tech question Bob, I see the 2Qute will come with asio drivers for windows pc. Any problems with JRiver? My 2 yr old Burson Conductor which used an asio driver would not work correctly with JRiver. Had to go with Foobar 2000 until I finally got an AP2 (uses wasapi) and works great.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #89 of 1,746
Hello All, got my 2qute yesterday :)
Unfortunately I have a very busy week and haven't had time to listen much yet :frowning2: a TV show last night with the family and a songs to test...
So far seems to sound great, very clear, and more soundstage depth than my previous dac (Yulong DA8).
I can't say much more for now, have to take the time to have a proper listening session.
Cheers.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #90 of 1,746
  Hello All, got my 2qute yesterday :)
Unfortunately I have a very busy week and haven't had time to listen much yet :frowning2: a TV show last night with the family and a songs to test...
So far seems to sound great, very clear, and more soundstage depth than my previous dac (Yulong DA8).
I can't say much more for now, have to take the time to have a proper listening session.
Cheers.

Look forward to hearing your observations. What headphone and amp are you using? Do you think it will need a break-in period before it sounds it's best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back