Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Apr 12, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #136 of 1,746
Hi Rob

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm a little confused though. Won't the 2 Qutes low jitter clock be engaged when using optical as well? If not then surely USB is MUCH more preferable when using a poor quality jittery source?

Also I was under the impression that optical was immune to RF interference?

I really hope the low jitter clock works with optical though!!!

Yes the low jitter clock is engaged in both instances. But for optical, the word clock is synthesized from the DPLL (digital phase lock loop), but with USB its local to the FPGA. This gives a tiny (that is one you can only just detect via careful AB listening so in practice ain't worth worrying about) SQ benefit. Both are galvanically isolated, so free from source RF and correlated noise. Hope that explains! 

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #141 of 1,746
oh, man, that could be... a very expensive piece and amazing piece of hardware :) 

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #146 of 1,746
I am thinking it's either the shop(custom-cable uk) is lying to me or they didn't really get 2qute from Chord.

Now I'm looking for other shop that can confirm they have it in stock and willing to ship internationally.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #147 of 1,746
If you look back into this thread (page 6 on mine) you can read that the first production of 2Qutes were sold out in March. The next batch is due sometime this month and that's when the other retailer's get theirs.

As far as delay .....  

Rob, can you confirm a two week delay?

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #148 of 1,746
I am not aware of any delays at the moment, but there may have been some earlier - last time I talked to Chord was trying to get Ted_b review sample and I found out that there is a batch going out this week (all sold), another batch going out next week (all sold), so it will take time to clear the back orders on 2 Qute.

Rob

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #150 of 1,746
hmm
just got emails from other vendors, none of them have it in dtock and need to wait for next batch. I guess I preordered it too late with customcable uk in mid-March... Guess I will just wait
frown.gif

http://www.audiot.co.uk/products/chord-electronics-2qute-dac-8433.aspx   They're showing "in stock". Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back