Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #2,551 of 18,821
Jarog63: Nice to see someone else living in Poland posting here! I also use Mojo almost solely as standalone DAC at home, never on the move, but your point I never thought about - but it is a valid one fr sure. Some sort of passthrough feature to the Mojo would have been cool to see for the use you described. On the next version maybe, or something to suggest for the coming Hugo version of Poly.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #2,552 of 18,821
So you're using Mojo just as an at home DAC? That's cool!

My BR is also a hi res network streamer, maybe you need a source more like that?
I already have such source: it is OPPO 101CL player but I'm not satisfied with it's streaming capabilities (I mean local streaming from my Synology NAS). I also use Shanling M2S DAP as a file transport. According MOJO it serves really well as desktop dac but would be nice to replace it with HUGO2 (it sounds really amaizing!!!). Unfortunatelly I can't afford it this year. Maybe next one would be better:heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #2,553 of 18,821
Jarog63: Nice to see someone else living in Poland posting here! I also use Mojo almost solely as standalone DAC at home, never on the move, but your point I never thought about - but it is a valid one fr sure. Some sort of passthrough feature to the Mojo would have been cool to see for the use you described. On the next version maybe, or something to suggest for the coming Hugo version of Poly.

Hi Brushane, there are some people from Poland posting here, I'm not the only one. Anyway greetings from Silesia region in Poland. I use MOJO as my desktop dac because of the budget - it gives one of the best quality/price ratio. Besides I'm rather home audio freak. On the move I use Shanling M2S and 1More triple driver in-ear, and I'm quite satisfied with this combo.
According POLY and/or future HUGO2 streaming device passthrough for both digital inputs would be really nice.

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #2,554 of 18,821
I was using my Mojo with my Ps4, during my testing and it wasn't really an issue of great inconvenience to disconnect Poly and insert the toslink cable. When you think about it, it's like unplugging one cable and plugging in another one.

Cheers

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #2,555 of 18,821
I was using my Mojo with my Ps4, during my testing and it wasn't really an issue of great inconvenience to disconnect Poly and insert the toslink cable. When you think about it, it's like unplugging one cable and plugging in another one.

Cheers

Of course it is not a problem pluging and unpluging POLY from time to time but if you have a listening session with music from 2/3 different sources it is unconvenient. I don't mention cables which, in case of pluging and unpluging, should be close at hand. I prefer simple solutions and, in my case, POLY isn't the one.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #2,556 of 18,821
Of course it is not a problem pluging and unpluging POLY from time to time but if you have a listening session with music from 2/3 different sources it is unconvenient. I don't mention cables which, in case of pluging and unpluging, should be close at hand. I prefer simple solutions and, in my case, POLY isn't the one.

Well this is a different scenario, indeed.
I guess not all of your sources can be incorporated into your home network.
Otherwise this may be a solution.

Cheers

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #2,557 of 18,821
For all of you with Poly and a set of Audeze Cans using Roon.
The DSP with customized presets for each Audeze headphone are available for Poly, now!

Just go to settings, Audio and klick on the small gear wheels next to Poly and activate DSP.

Using them leads to the signal path 'enhanced'.

After the first few songs, I'd set my name under it :)

My newly acquired Isine 20 sound better than EVER BEFORE... meaning yesterday.

But seriously it sounds awesome :D

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #2,558 of 18,821
Well this is a different scenario, indeed.
I guess not all of your sources can be incorporated into your home network.
Otherwise this may be a solution.

Cheers

I usually use standalone universal OPPO player to play audio discs, streaming is so far secondary source. As I mentioned before I'll probably opt for Auralic Aries Mini. Soon we will have Audio Show in Warsaw so I'll compare POLY with Auralic on sound quality, mainly because of curiosity as I like the sound signature of Chord products and their audio philosophy.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,559 of 18,821
I mentioned in my last (first!) post that I'd had some difficulty finding iOS DLNA apps to control Poly so I thought I'd share my experiences. Use case is Poly and iPhone both connected to my home wifi network for DLNA streaming from networked server and controlling Poly's SD card playback. So here goes:
  • Linn Kinsky - sometimes it sees Poly and sometimes it doesn't. Not useable.
  • Linn Kazoo - didn't see Poly at all. Not useable.
  • Lumin (my current choice for microRendu control) - it can see Poly's SD card (server) but doesn't see Poly (renderer). Not useable.
  • MusicStreamer (Lite) - don't think this is a DLNA controller - just a streamer to iPhone - so not useable.
  • Sesam Music - sees my home server and Poly's SD card (server) but can only read Poly's SD card and play to Poly (renderer). Won't read my home (minimserver) NAS. I think the music data goes through the app, though rather than direct from SD card to renderer - happy to be corrected if this is wrong, though.
  • mconnect (Lite) - this sees my home server and Poly's SD card (server) and plays both to Poly but only over Airplay. Worked really well and sounded really good. Also has Tidal and Qobuz integration but not tried yet.
  • 8Player - sees home server and Poly's SD card (server) and plays both to Poly (renderer). Best option found so far.

What's everyone else using and what else have they tried that did/didn't work?

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #2,561 of 18,821
So are you getting the unfolded version? (Running from the Tidal app mine normally sow as 88 or 96KHz - do these?)

Thanks!

Not really what you mean, sorry.

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #2,563 of 18,821
I have just place PO for Poly. I was lucky enough to find a dealer in Czech Republic that has Polys in stock. So looking forward receiving and finally be able to get rid of the Apple CCK kit.

I will post my impressions as soon as I get the Poly, should be with me on Thursday at latest.

Do I qualify for the free case also, when I register the product on Chords web?

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #2,564 of 18,821
Not really what you mean, sorry.
OK :)

When I streamed from my computer in the Tidal app I would get a higher sample rate. So for example if I streamed Lemonade through the Tidal application on my computer I would get a green 96KHz power ball rather than the 48KHz orange one. (I believe the full MQA version is 192KHz but I don't have a hardware decoder to verify).

Others would give me me green or yellow balls depending on sample rate.

So the quick way to answer is to let me know if the ball changes colour when streaming Tidal Masters.

Cheers!

PS Mine has arrived but I'm not home to go to the store until the weekend, so frustrating!

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #2,565 of 18,821
Atm it is only possible to achieve the first software unfold via Tidals own DESKTOP App.
But this should be subject to change.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back