Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,515 of 18,802
Really disappointed with the poly. Aside from the frequent drop outs using airPlay, there is a major issue when using a MicroSD card. I have 159 artists (around 800 albums) on a 400 GB card.

Each time I turn on the Mojo/Poly it takes 29 minutes to fully load the list of artists. They slowly appear in alphabetical order. you have to exit the artist folder then re-enter it and more slowly appear.

That's right... 29 minutes!!!!!! Each time it's switched on!!!!!! This is the same for all DLNA apps I've tried and clearly a poly issue.

The card is formatted as ExFat and all the tracks are all ALAC. these files work perfectly on all other players/DACs.

I have tried reformatting the card etc but still the same issue.

It's fine if I want to listen to an artist beginning with 'A', but if I want to listen to Wilco on the way to work I have to wait half an hour for it it appear.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Keith, apologies for asking some irritatingly mundane questions, but, in the spirit of troubleshooting, I must venture forth, where others might fear to tread! :wink:

• Did you buy your 400gb card from an independent trader, or from Amazon themselves (as in 'dispatched from, and sold by, Amazon', rather than from an independent via Amazon, eBay, etc.)?
  • Do you have any peculiar characters in your folder names?
  • Do you have any unusually long file names on the memory card?
  • Are your folders nested several directories deep, or no more than 2 or 3 directories deep?
  • Do you have any unusual files in your music folders? (html files, or EAC log files, or other non-music type files, such as .bmp, .psd image files, etc.)
  • Is your memory card packed to the gills with data, or is there a reasonable amount of free space left on it?
  • What program are you using to transfer your music files to the memory card?
  • What hardware device are you controlling Poly with?
  • What software are you controlling Poly with?

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #2,516 of 18,802
Is there a standalone DNLA app for Android Wear 2 watches? would be great if i could connect the watch to Polys Hotspot and control the mSD card playback from my wrist, without having to connect to my phone at all.

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #2,517 of 18,802
Concerning gap less playback I can say that with roon its working great... And the SQ is the best I ever heard Mojo sound.

So Mojo/Poly is not only a kick ass headless DAP, but also a cutting edge portable Roon endpoint.

I'd say Roon and Poly is a great symbiosis with mutual benefits on both sides.

Roon brings out the best experience, concerning SQ and UI, using Mojo/Poly.

While Mojo/Poly frees you Roon experience from your dedicated listening space.
I streamed high resolution files from my Roon server, while in the garden and it was a blast :)

Cheers

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #2,518 of 18,802
Is there a standalone DNLA app for Android Wear 2 watches? would be great if i could connect the watch to Polys Hotspot and control the mSD card playback from my wrist, without having to connect to my phone at all.

AFAIK the smart watch is the bottleneck, right now. But I think it was hinted by Chord that later on this will/could be possible.

Cheers

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #2,519 of 18,802

I second this question- I am an Apple Watch user.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #2,520 of 18,802
no, but not all Mojos have same color and texture. the Poly will likely match the newer Mojos and not the older ones.
As many of you will know we use a hard black anodised finished for all our units unfortunately even if the process is controlled very tightly. The ultra fine power sand material used for bead blasting does vary just , but it’s enough. Also the way in which raw aluminium is sold means that it can have minor variations is it’s purity these days because much of it is made from recycled aluminium material. These changes can have a minor effect on how the anodising allows the aluminium to take up the black die within the process this means there can be colour variations. We could have used a paint finish but this was not considered to give the right long term finish that we wanted for Mojo or Poly. Thinking about it perhaps we should have changed the colour of Poly completely to silver or red or blue perhaps though I’m sure virtually all will be housed in our case or new leather sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back