Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #2,386 of 18,821
Sorry for quoting my own post, but no luck at all in connecting Poly to my iPhone hotspot. I can connect the iPhone to the Poly hotspot without internet, but not vice versa, which I gather is supposed to be the preferred arrangement. Also, do I need to do this manually every time I leave the house? The Poly doesn't seem to make the transition by itself.
I cannot get Poly to connect to my iPhone hotspot either. I wan to leave the house with Poly using SD card and can't unless I get this working. I follow the instructions of adding my hotspot SSDI and password but Poly does not recognise or save the settings....any help appreciated please.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #2,387 of 18,821
I cannot get Poly to connect to my iPhone hotspot either. I wan to leave the house with Poly using SD card and can't unless I get this working. I follow the instructions of adding my hotspot SSDI and password but Poly does not recognise or save the settings....any help appreciated please.

Sounds like you're having the same difficulty; reassuring, at least. I think you can get it working from the Poly hotspot, by connecting to it while in Access Point mode, and then going to the Wifi Setting tab and pressing cancel. You get the option then to 'Use Without Internet', which will allow you to control the Poly through 8Player. It's not a very elegant solution, though, and does mean that the phone is unable to access the internet while you're out and about. (I'm also not sure how you get it out of Access Point mode then, because it hasn't rebooted.)

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #2,388 of 18,821
I am using Poly with my home network and my huawei P9s Hotspot for several weeks, with no problems.

Maybe it's just that your home network is prioritized over your phones Hotspot...

Try to power off your router and see if it works then.

You definitely don't have to set up every time you leave the house.

EDIT : I have been using internet while streaming Tidal Hifi in mobile scenarios. Might be down to your phones Hotspot ability...

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #2,389 of 18,821
Check with them the stocks before! I’ve did it today and the cases are only listed and not in stock! They don’t have a date when they will be available.

I found one in stock so this isn’t a Chord issue. Regardless, your beloved Apple has none in stock and won’t have enough to cover every device they ship...

69ECA0D2-FF9F-416C-A095-9B9990CABD88.png
Your complaints at Chord, who are a minuscule fraction of the size of Apple, are completely baseless

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #2,390 of 18,821
I am using Poly with my home network and my huawei P9s Hotspot for several weeks, with no problems.

Maybe it's just that your home network is prioritized over your phones Hotspot...

Try to power off your router and see if it works then.

You definitely don't have to set up every time you leave the house.

EDIT : I have been using internet while streaming Tidal Hifi in mobile scenarios. Might be down to your phones Hotspot ability...

Cheers

Just been trying that, and still no go, I'm afraid. As @LeoKane said above, I've been putting the Poly into Access Point mode, selecting it as the wifi connection on the iPhone 6s (which should be capable of this, surely?) and then entering the phone's name and hotspot password into the wifi settings. After saving with reboot, the phone doesn't appear on the list of recognised networks, and it never makes a connection. It just doesn't seem to have saved it at all.

No problems with the home network, which works fine.

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #2,392 of 18,821

In this video on Poly, he has the KEF LS50 speakers.

Does anyone recognize what amp is he using?

I am looking to match the LS50 with a good budget amp for small room. All music will be going through mojo/hugo from MacBook Pro or iPhone.

I appreciate any recommendations.

thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,393 of 18,821
On Android I just had to type in my Hotspot data on the Polys config page, Poly was restarting and I never thought about it again.

All I have to do is start my Hotspot and Poly connects to it, then I use Bubbleupnp Exactly as in my home network

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,394 of 18,821
I should also say that I actually have two iPhones (I know, I know - one of them is provided by my employer), and I've tried them both with the same result. My work phone is an iPhone 7, so, again, should be able to handle this sort of thing.
I’ve tried everything and cannot connect to my phones hotspot. I want to use the SD card whilst away from my home network, which I had no problem connecting to. Has anyone managed this yet and if so can they list the steps. The ones in the manual don’t work for me.

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #2,396 of 18,821
For those with problems connecting to your phones Hotspot:

One user mentioned problems to save networks data, at all. It's important to type in a name for Poly. Maybe you missed that.

To connect to Hotspot try this.
Turn on your Hotspot.
When you typed in your Hotspots data on the config page and Poly restarts pull the plug of your router. Try this before restarting Poly, when you did the config of you Hotspot, before already.

When you just turn of wifi on your phone Poly might just stay connected to your home network.

When you want to switch networks power of Poly/Mojo and wait till the light for P.status turns off. Then you can restart.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #2,397 of 18,821

In this video on Poly, he has the KEF LS50 speakers.

Does anyone recognize what amp is he using?

I am looking to match the LS50 with a good budget amp for small room. All music will be going through mojo/hugo from MacBook Pro or iPhone.

I appreciate any recommendations.

thanks!

Hey Peter,

I guess that's a Chord TToby

Cheers

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,398 of 18,821
For those with problems connecting to your phones Hotspot:

One user mentioned problems to save networks data, at all. It's important to type in a name for Poly. Maybe you missed that.

To connect to Hotspot try this.
Turn on your Hotspot.
When you typed in your Hotspots data on the config page and Poly restarts pull the plug of your router. Try this before restarting Poly, when you did the config of you Hotspot, before already.

When you just turn of wifi on your phone Poly might just stay connected to your home network.

When you want to switch networks power of Poly/Mojo and wait till the light for P.status turns off. Then you can restart.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Unfortunately, that's made no difference for me :frowning2:

Thanks, though

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,399 of 18,821
Unfortunately, that's made no difference for me :frowning2:

Thanks, though
Here are some additional tips put together by Matt Bartlett Chord’s Manufacturing Director
1. Poly Lights:-
a) Flashing blue then green means Poly is in access point / hotspot mode.
You will be able to see a WiFi network called Poly to connect to and then use the
config webpage to make changes to Poly setup. Bluetooth will not function in this mode.

b) Solid light means Poly is connected to a WiFi network. The light will be blue when fully charged,
then green, yellow, red as the battery depletes. The important thing is that the light is solid and not flashing.

c) Flashing Blue means Poly is connected and playing via Bluetooth.

d) White means Poly is on charge.

2. To access the config webpage Poly must be in access point mode and the light must be flashing green and blue.
You will see a WiFi network called Poly followed by a number. Connect to this and the webpage should automatically
appear. If you don't see the webpage open any browser and type poly.audio into the search bar.

3. Poly hotspot mode can be permanently switched on. In this mode it will always use it's own internal WiFi router and will not
connect to the internet or any other WiFi network previously stored. On the config webpage navigate to the Play mode settings
tab and check the tick box marked Keep in hotspot mode.
Note:- Hotspot mode is the same as access point mode where Poly will be broadcasting and connected using it's own internal
WiFi router so the lights will flash blue and green.

4. Phone hotspot mode should be setup in the same way as any other WiFi network.
Enter access point mode on Poly (flashing blue and green lights) and open the config webpage.
On the WiFi settings tab add your SSID for your phone hotspot and the password. Tick the reboot
on save box and the click the save button.
Note:- Make sure your phone name (SSID) does not include any special characters like a dash or apostrophe.
So don't use the name Bob's iPhone - instead use Bobs iPhone.
On the iPhone you can rename your phone by going to settings - general - about - name.

5. If you are having trouble getting Poly to remember WiFi settings then make sure you tick the reboot on save box
before clicking the save button. This will force Poly to reboot and change settings.

6. Apple Airplay will only output a 44KHz sample rate signal. This means the light on Mojo will always be red even if
you are playing a high resolution file. To play high resolution make sure you use a DLNA/UPnP app such as
8Player or BubbleUPnP where you can select Poly as a renderer output.

7. Tidal on the iPhone will only output using Airplay or Bluetooth. On android phones you can use apps
like BubbleUPnP which include Tidal integration to play music directly to Poly as a renderer.

8. Checking the saved WiFi networks. On the config page is a tab called Manage Connections.
This will show all the WiFi networks setup inside Poly. Here you can delete them if you want to.
Poly will automatically connect to all the WiFi networks listed providing they are in range and
then it will connect to the strongest first.

9. If you have your headphones or HiFi system connected to Mojo then you can make Poly
'speak' the mode and IP address it is connected to. Just give a short press on the config button
and you will hear Poly announce the settings. If you press and hold for more than 2 seconds then
Poly will say 'entering access point mode' and it will reset

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #2,400 of 18,821

Users who are viewing this thread

Back