Chord Anni
Jul 7, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #451 of 564
I got one at the release of the Anni ..well a week or so and its much better than anything I had before....I wasn't sure if the shorter path of the Hugo would benefit compared to a Qutest Anni combo. The sound is more open detailed and yes a hint of warmth Anni Qutest combo. For my Mr Speakers Ether 2 I got more detail over my Singxer sa1 even after the Bypassing the blocking caps..

In short I am happy...always there was a few more expensive models I'd have liked to have tried or have the money like the review mentions.

But well worth the trip to a dealer and with your flagship DAC and headphones and see what you think if its within your budget.. times are hard but this will easily keep me going for a few years. A good transport and for me bypassing USB on my Chord Qutest using the SRC-DX DDC was a big improvement.. The power and clarity of the Anni showcases that refinement...
I have a lot of power improvements and tweaks also. Nothing is a free lunch 😲

The Ferrum and others probably wouldn't give you that £1000 diminishing returns boost in SQ, so as a Amp it's a comparative bargin I think. But my old amps definitely..

Just some thoughts for lurkers and current users.. and my humble opinion

Stay safe and happy 😊

Dave
I see you have a Grado as your Avatar, are you pairing the Anni with Grados? That's what I'm debating at the moment, would love to know your impressions.

Jul 10, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #452 of 564
I see you have a Grado as your Avatar, are you pairing the Anni with Grados? That's what I'm debating at the moment, would love to know your impressions.
Ah sorry no just a stock photo i am afraid. Currently and for the foreseeable future DCA Mr Speakers Ether 2 and its predecessor The Ether.
I went from the Singxer SA1 as my last Amp. At less than half the price. With the swap out there is no comparison just lovely everywhere. Ignore the big sound small box reviews tropes. It's just a really good sounding Amp and the first time I think it's worth the money... I Auditioned it in a store and bought it. How it drives and sounds on gradus I don't know but we'll worth a trip to see for yourself....
If your transport and chain is not needing an upgrade go try it....
Really elevates my headphones beyond what I could imagine..

Not much help but I hope it makes you trial one so you can decide 😉 if its right for you..

Good luck 👍
David

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #453 of 564
Anyone have the Anni and Susvara ? If so, the output via 6.3mm Jack sufficient? Not having gain settings is a possible negative with very hard to drive HP like the Sus.
Or is the speaker output via an adaptor to the Sus the way to go ?

** edited** yeah, not enough power from what I have found out. Back up plan of the GSX Mini for only a bit more is now what I’m aiming for.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #454 of 564
Anyone have the Anni and Susvara ? If so, the output via 6.3mm Jack sufficient? Not having gain settings is a possible negative with very hard to drive HP like the Sus.
Or is the speaker output via an adaptor to the Sus the way to go ?

** edited** yeah, not enough power from what I have found out. Back up plan of the GSX Mini for only a bit more is now what I’m aiming for.
Neither Anni, nor the GSX Mini got "enough" juice with less than 4W for the full Sus Potential. But this is my modest opinion.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #458 of 564
The weirdest thing happened. I got Anni in trade as a partial payment for my Euforia from a fellow head-fier. I wasn't interested in Anni and was very against it, but I gave in. I even thought about putting this on sale without opening the box. Luckily I tried it!

I really like this little amp. Sure, it has too little wiggle room in the volume knob for sensitive phones, sure it has a fan, but it also has a voice! It's nice, delicate. I would call it "classy". I feel like I'm in a jazz club. It really can create that atmosphere. Very revealing as well. Very revealing. Not the biggest stage, but somehow I like it. It's like using magnifying class. I can hear new things that I didn't hear before. I think this (Qobuz -> HQPlayer -> Holo May -> Chord Anni -> Focal Utopia) is the most intoxicating sound I've found in my home setup. It hypnotizes me!

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #459 of 564
I did wonder if its by design that detailed sound with a hint of warmth.
For the Qutest owners. But how that worked with detailed headphones like focal or Sean's..
With my DCA ETHER 2s I love the extra detail I get from the Anni. Personally I'd like a tad less warmth as a Qute Anni ether2 combo but as I go further on in this hobby synergy matters but no complaints really here... just preferences....

Aug 23, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #460 of 564
I am thinking of getting the Anni for small room near field listening with a pair of bookshelf speakers (ProAc Tablette Anniversary if that’s relevant). And I might occasionally use them to listen to headphones such as the Beyer T1.2.

My question is, if I connect the Anni to a Hugo2, and if I wanted to adjust volume using the H2 rather than the pot on the Anni, will it sound better and what position should I set the pot on the Anni? The reason is, I might want to tuck the Anni on the bottom of the shelf to reduce clutter, adjusting volume on the H2 will be more convenient due to the remote control - first world problem I know.

Or am I better off just getting a proper power amp for this use case?

Sep 2, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #461 of 564
Are there any ANNI & Meze EMPYREAN users that could share their experience ... preferably with the QUTEST DAC ?

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #462 of 564
Are there any ANNI & Meze EMPYREAN users that could share their experience ... preferably with the QUTEST DAC ?
Sorry my friend, I only got a taste when trying the Qutest Anni at the store with my DCA ETHER 2s and asked the owner to try the EMPYREAN for a short while. It sounded about 10% better... cleaner detailed... I definitely recommend the SRC-DX DDC regardless as a big boost. But you can only decide if you get a trial unit or take your EMPYREANs to a store and try then....

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #463 of 564
Sorry my friend, I only got a taste when trying the Qutest Anni at the store with my DCA ETHER 2s and asked the owner to try the EMPYREAN for a short while. It sounded about 10% better... cleaner detailed... I definitely recommend the SRC-DX DDC regardless as a big boost. But you can only decide if you get a trial unit or take your EMPYREANs to a store and try then....
Thank-you for your thoughts !

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #464 of 564
Just sorry I can't help, A tad warm but detailed with my Anni Qutest. Really happy as a purchase way above the Singxer SA1 modded and the Gilmore mk2 and PSU...
If you are feeding the Qutest USB swapping to the RCA via the Audiowise SRC-DX is a big boost..... i hope you find users who have the EMPYREAN anni stack... Nice to see you are still posting Charente Salute..🙂

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #465 of 564
hey guys, can anyone compare Qutest + Anni with Qutest + Phonitor XE (if someone has them both:)). I was looking at Phonitor XE because of the big nice knob and retro looks, but 5kg of weight on the standing desk and big size is still putting me off. Then I started thinking about getting the Anni because I already have Qutest, and I saw that little thingy of knob at the front :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back