QQ图片20220105195615.jpg
QQ图片20220105195626.jpg
QQ图片20220105195636.jpg
QQ图片20220105195711.jpg
QQ图片20220105195721.jpg
QQ图片20220105195730.jpg
QQ图片20220105195739.jpg

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #429 of 564
If you have annoyance from the fan, you could try a replacement fan. There may be a Noctua fan that fits, and unless you get a bad Noctua they are extremely quiet. Noctua also tend to cool better than any other brand so it would not have to run so fast.

(Can someone please do a measurement of the fan, and post for Head-Fi users?)

Review of Anni in the Feb edition of HiFi News.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #430 of 564
If you have annoyance from the fan, you could try a replacement fan. There may be a Noctua fan that fits, and unless you get a bad Noctua they are extremely quiet. Noctua also tend to cool better than any other brand so it would not have to run so fast.

My thoughts. Weird and different experiences. If the fan is without sidenoise, lucky one or someone even don't care.

There are so many silent fans out there, which also could pull/ push enough air to keep it cool. Anni pushes the air to the top, so the fan hangs down, which always results in bearing sidenoise with the "wrong" fan.

But it is very important that it isn't only silent, but conveys enough air at all.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #431 of 564

Very rough measure from db meter on my phone held near the top of the Anni in a quiet room — ~45 db

Jan 11, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #432 of 564
Very rough measure from db meter on my phone held near the top of the Anni in a quiet room — ~45 db
I have similar values, even more under load in the avg.

~36 dB in standby, ~45dB with a 32 Ohm DD at 9 o'clock, and more with juicy headphones. Plus +/- 2dB all the time cause of imbalance/ grinding sidenoise. Approximate data with two different apps/ phones.

However, it fluctuates around 2 dB in general for me, which is due to a fan bearing imbalance. And this results in an annoying sidenoise.

After moving the Anni in my room a few times, it has now become less.

Surely, such apps are not accurate. But still a way of getting around somehow, if you don't have the "special" equipment.

Some have reported that they don't have issues or they even don't mind/ care/ personal taste or just a large spread!? Idk...

It shouldn't be more than 20-25dB in idle / standby even for the fan size in my modest opinion.

Also the volume knob is a bit to loose for my taste (not in direction, but up and down).

So, i am very thankful for the guy above to offer pictures from the inside to have a look to the volume knob counterpart f.e.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #434 of 564
My thoughts. Weird and different experiences. If the fan is without sidenoise, lucky one or someone even don't care.

There are so many silent fans out there, which also could pull/ push enough air to keep it cool. Anni pushes the air to the top, so the fan hangs down, which always results in bearing sidenoise with the "wrong" fan.

But it is very important that it isn't only silent, but conveys enough air at all.

Cheers

If I had Anni and was concerned about noise, I would try Noctua. I think the smallest they make is 40mm, but it may be 30mm.

Their fans are designed to be hung at different angles, (as most PC CPU cooler fans are). I have two on my CPU cooler and they blow air out of the back of the PC. CPU coolers can also be fitted to blow upwards, as apposed to how I have mine set. Meaning they can be hung.

However Noctua's fans have one advantage over other fans. They are designed with turbulence reduction. Menaing less noise created by the fan as it moves air.

We'll never get rid of air-whoosh noise because air makes noise when moving. However getting the best fan for cooling, aligned with turbulence control, is win-win. As I said before they cool better than most fans, so can run quieter based on that too.

Plus Noctua have an excellent exchange policy for the instance where you get a noisy one. Contact them with proof of purchase and your issue, and they post you a replacement. They have an excellent policy overall. E.g. if your CPU cooler is going to be used on a new motherboard. You may need a new backet to attach the cooler to the new motherboard. The CPU socket will likely be different from one generation of CPUs and motherboards, to the next. You tell them of this (with proof of purcahase), and they send you a new bracket free. Then you can attach your existing cooler to the new board. Their idea is that this saves waste - meaning from an eclogical point of view. Can't really go wrong with them.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #435 of 564
If I had Anni and was concerned about noise, I would try Noctua. I think the smallest they make is 40mm, but it may be 30mm.

Their fans are designed to be hung at different angles, (as most PC CPU cooler fans are). I have two on my CPU cooler and they blow air out of the back of the PC. CPU coolers can also be fitted to blow upwards, as apposed to how I have mine set. Meaning they can be hung.

However Noctua's fans have one advantage over other fans. They are designed with turbulence reduction. Menaing less noise created by the fan as it moves air.

We'll never get rid of air-whoosh noise because air makes noise when moving. However getting the best fan for cooling, aligned with turbulence control, is win-win. As I said before they cool better than most fans, so can run quieter based on that too.

Plus Noctua have an excellent exchange policy for the instance where you get a noisy one. Contact them with proof of purchase and your issue, and they post you a replacement. They have an excellent policy overall. E.g. if your CPU cooler is going to be used on a new motherboard. You may need a new backet to attach the cooler to the new motherboard. The CPU socket will likely be different from one generation of CPUs and motherboards, to the next. You tell them of this (with proof of purcahase), and they send you a new bracket free. Then you can attach your existing cooler to the new board. Their idea is that this saves waste - meaning from an eclogical point of view. Can't really go wrong with them.
I am familiar with fans of the brands Noctua, Noiseblocker, BeQuiet, etc. Also fan controls, water coolers, pumps (Laing, Aquacomputer), cooling concepts and co.

In my private life, however, I no longer tinker with PCs. I already have enough to do with it professionally. In addition, this hobby is also expensive too.

Personally, I don't unscrew a device that is still under warranty and I don't replace a fan.

As written above. Everyone experiences such noises differently. Personally, the background noise bothers me, not the airflow itself. But currently it has improved, whatever has "loosened" or the repositioning / moving of Anni has changed.

A good amp in a cute and attractive form factor.

The time will tell.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back