Chord Anni
Sep 22, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #136 of 564
Does the Raptor simnifically improve Hugo's sound?
I especially like the Hugo 2 > Raptor sound with my Senn HD 800 S cans a lot. I prefer the tube sound with my Senn’s over the Hugo 2 direct sound. I’ve tube-rolled my Raptor over the years and found a nice set of tubes for my set up.

Sep 22, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #137 of 564
As a lover of Chord sound, I find this Anni very appealing. As a former owner of the Qutest and then the TT2 this combo might be just right for me. I know, many folks wanted a Qutest with a SE headphone out, apparently this is Chord's answer to that request. I wish it was a two in one device, but still a nice proposition.

This combo must sound better than the Hugo 2.

I am really interested in some similarly priced amp comparisons.
Sorry for the off topic...is that a Burson Soloist? I was thinking of maybe picking one up for the Qutest instead of the Anni...how do you like that amp?

Sep 22, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #138 of 564
I may do the same...sounds like a perfect companion to the hugo 2 for more difficult to drive HP's
I’m thinking the same thing.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #142 of 564
Not really. Size wise it would fit. But heat dissipation would be a problem in Qutest like case.
It depends on the silicon. If Xylinx releases a small enough and powerful enough FPGA that it's possible, you could fairly expect one to to be made by Chord.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #143 of 564
It depends on the silicon. If Xylinx releases a small enough and powerful enough FPGA that it's possible, you could fairly expect one to to be made by Chord.
Yes probably. But when ? As you remember Rob always said that new FPGA release scheme is really slow.
Xylinx announce new FPGA and it becomes available (in mass quantity) like years after.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #144 of 564
Yes probably. But when ? As you remember Rob always said that new FPGA release scheme is really slow.
Xylinx announce new FPGA and it becomes available (in mass quantity) like years after.
When is indeed a good question. We won't know until we know. Personally I want to see a DAVE in a TT2 chassis (or TT2 with DAVE resolution).

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #145 of 564
Sorry for the off topic...is that a Burson Soloist? I was thinking of maybe picking one up for the Qutest instead of the Anni...how do you like that amp?
Yes, it is a Soloist 3XP. I really like this amp. Powerful, dynamic, energetic yet clean, realistic and not overpowering with great soundstage depth. I would be really curious to read some comparisons to the Anni.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #147 of 564
Yes, it is a Soloist 3XP. I really like this amp. Powerful, dynamic, energetic yet clean, realistic and not overpowering with great soundstage depth. I would be really curious to read some comparisons to the Anni.
On paper the closest think to compare Anni is the Funk, as Speaker amp is a huge difference, 10w vs 45w, as for headphone amp, funk has 3w, not sure how many Watts Anni has for driving headphones.

Soloist line only have headphone amp.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #148 of 564
On paper the closest think to compare Anni is the Funk, as Speaker amp is a huge difference, 10w vs 45w, as for headphone amp, funk has 3w, not sure how many Watts Anni has for driving headphones.

Soloist line only have headphone amp.

Could use the speaker outputs for planar headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back