Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 8, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #6,212 of 6,290
Chord sent me an email saying to upgrade to v. 1.6.1 (critical update) but for the moment the 2Go says that it cannot connect to the update server. Anyone have the same problem?

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #6,216 of 6,290
So you haven't noticed any changes? Still I can't upgrade......
Its just a server update so its probably just a Chord money saving exercise, but apparently its to "supply an enhanced user experience", Chord should enter politics :wink: . My 2Go is running the update and working as before.

How about this fellow Chord users, yes or no. A bit pointless but works great. :relaxed:

IMG_0443.jpg

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #6,217 of 6,290
Chord sent me an email saying to upgrade to v. 1.6.1 (critical update) but for the moment the 2Go says that it cannot connect to the update server. Anyone have the same problem?
I think I can possibly assist. I have had this issue whenever trying to update my 2go AND Poly. I run ROON on a NAS and use a Mesh Network. However, when I shut down The NAS and moved to a non-Mesh net, the updates worked seamlessly every time. Hope that might help. Ed at Chord support suggested the change in network but that did not do the trick (best I can tell). When I took both these actions both devices updated on the first try, every time. Paul C

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #6,218 of 6,290
I was finally able to update the firmware but only after giving up on the iPhone “Go Figure” app (which kept telling me the update server wasn’t accessible).
I downloaded “Go Figure” on my iPad and Android DAP and between the two was able to reach the server and update the firmware to 1.61 (after first updating to 1.60).

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #6,219 of 6,290
It downloaded and installed fine for me. However, it couldn't reconnect to WiFi. I had to connect ethernet, then unplug. It seems to be working fine now.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #6,220 of 6,290
I tried from the iPad,
I did a factory reset, connected to the network with a cable but nothing. Maybe the update is geographically split, I'll wait a few days and if I still can't, I'll contact Ed.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #6,221 of 6,290
I tried from the iPad,
I did a factory reset, connected to the network with a cable but nothing. Maybe the update is geographically split, I'll wait a few days and if I still can't, I'll contact Ed.
Yes give it a day or two and then try again.
It is a few years ago, but I think there were problems with Poly v2 firmware update, because so many owners were trying to connect to the server at the same time, that their connections would fail. Owners then kept trying to connect again, and these failed again, eventually causing the server to become overloaded trying to process failed connections.
Chord had to switch the server off and modify the configuration.

I am not saying that this is the cause of your problems, but servers can become overloaded when firmware updates are released.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #6,223 of 6,290
With the new firmware, the asci table for keyboard azerty is wrong. Ï ô é è ê ç ù are not correct.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #6,224 of 6,290
I don't know exactly how but now I have version 1.6.1, maybe it worked by selecting from the button instead of from the app.....it seems that everything is the same as before. I would be curious to know the reason for 1.6.1, maybe it has to do with shutting down a mysqueeze server....I don't know......

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #6,225 of 6,290
Is the firmware 1.6.1 using a new version of MPD software? Has somebody checked the files on the SDCARD?
Maybe the new MPD-0.23.15. 5 ( 20 dec 2023)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back