Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Dec 5, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #6,196 of 6,290
How are folks getting Spotify into their Hugo/2go combos? The lack of Spotify Connect support continues to be an ongoing irritant and the one thing I don't like about my Hugo2 set up. While I usually use Roon/Tidal/Qobuz, there are lots of Spotify playlists that I want to listen to without having to juggle them over Soundiiz to Tidal.

So I'm curious how those of you who Spotify manage it? Bluetooth? AirPlay? Or do you just resort to a different dongle DAC (as I do)?
I don’t have a Hugo/2Go but I do have use of the Mojo/Poly combination so I would imagine the following should work for both in the same way.

I have only found a solution, so far, for Android and that’s an app called ‘HiFy’.

This is advertised as
HiFy: AirPlay+DLNA for Spotify

This creates, as advertised, a DLNA device that can be identified within Spotify, similar to other connected devices and or Chromecast/AirPlay devices

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #6,197 of 6,290
I re-arranged some of my equipment today. My 2G/2Y had been working flawlessly. But since I re-plugged the stock Chord power supply, I'm having a strange problem. When it is in USB mode, neither Roon nor GoFigure recognizes it. If I change it to "Everything Else" (yellow), then it can be found by both. This happens whether it's wired or Wi-Fi. I've tried using a different power supply, but it made no difference.

Any suggestions most welcome!!

This just got even weirder. It just decided to start working again. I can't figure out why, which worries me...

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #6,198 of 6,290
I re-arranged some of my equipment today. My 2G/2Y had been working flawlessly. But since I re-plugged the stock Chord power supply, I'm having a strange problem. When it is in USB mode, neither Roon nor GoFigure recognizes it. If I change it to "Everything Else" (yellow), then it can be found by both. This happens whether it's wired or Wi-Fi. I've tried using a different power supply, but it made no difference.

Any suggestions most welcome!!

This just got even weirder. It just decided to start working again. I can't figure out why, which worries me...
Possibly a temporary issue on the usb connectors/interconnect?

Eg if the +5V power rail from your source device was not present on the usb input to the 2go then that might give the symptoms you describe.

As I understand it, Chord devices with usb inputs require the +5V rail from the usb source device to be present and live.

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #6,199 of 6,290
Possibly a temporary issue on the usb connectors/interconnect?

Eg if the +5V power rail from your source device was not present on the usb input to the 2go then that might give the symptoms you describe.

As I understand it, Chord devices with usb inputs require the +5V rail from the usb source device to be present and live.
Yes! I think you've nailed it!!

Since I did try different power supplies with different connectors, there's either dirt in the connector or there's an internal problem with the 2Go's usb port.

I have an upgrade power supply on order for the 2Go. I'll use some high quality contact cleaner when I make the switch.

Thanks again for your poignant analysis!

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #6,200 of 6,290
I don’t have a Hugo/2Go but I do have use of the Mojo/Poly combination so I would imagine the following should work for both in the same way.

I have only found a solution, so far, for Android and that’s an app called ‘HiFy’.

This is advertised as
HiFy: AirPlay+DLNA for Spotify

This creates, as advertised, a DLNA device that can be identified within Spotify, similar to other connected devices and or Chromecast/AirPlay devices
I've used HiFy and it works well. I had an initial issue with it but the developer was great - very quick to reply and advise on the solution (a 20 second change to an Android power setting). Well worth the money to be able to listen to podcasts etc through 2go or Poly.

Jan 21, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #6,201 of 6,290
I am having a problem with using 2Go+H2 as DLNA server. I have a large library may be around 10,000+ songs organized in folders by album (in iTunes style). When I use apps on iPhone to scan the entire library on a single SD card, only part (may be half or so) of the library would show up in the results. So far I have tried Neutron, Mconnect, and 8player on iPhone and they all have the same problem. Interestingly as I have Rigelian installed a long time ago (but not subscribed), and had scanned the same library back then, and Rigelian seems to get the entire library no problem. Any one has seen this problem before? I've searched this thread and couldn't find anything related. I'd really want some apps other than Rigelian to work with 2Go.

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #6,203 of 6,290
I am having a problem with using 2Go+H2 as DLNA server. I have a large library may be around 10,000+ songs organized in folders by album (in iTunes style). When I use apps on iPhone to scan the entire library on a single SD card, only part (may be half or so) of the library would show up in the results. So far I have tried Neutron, Mconnect, and 8player on iPhone and they all have the same problem. Interestingly as I have Rigelian installed a long time ago (but not subscribed), and had scanned the same library back then, and Rigelian seems to get the entire library no problem. Any one has seen this problem before? I've searched this thread and couldn't find anything related. I'd really want some apps other than Rigelian to work with 2Go.
I'm surprised you couldn't find any reports of this, its quite common, happens to me a lot.

The only thing you can do is try and isolate the offending folder on the SD card and remove it, then see if scanning gets any further.

This is the main thing that stops me using large library's on 2Go and Poly it always falls over at some point. I now use Roon/ARC on a Qnap NAS currently at 3084 albums and 35,000 tracks, its a lot more stable. :)

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #6,204 of 6,290
I don’t have issue since last firmware update, it had a lot issue before that.
what I did was to create playlist at the root of the music folder on sd card
with other app on PC. It works for me. I might have posted detailed in this thread before.

Jan 22, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #6,205 of 6,290
How much spare space is left on the SD card. Certainly Poly used to have difficulties if there wasn't enough spare space on the card to save the index file.
Maybe a long shot, but it should be easy to check using your PC.

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #6,206 of 6,290
I'm surprised you couldn't find any reports of this, its quite common, happens to me a lot.

The only thing you can do is try and isolate the offending folder on the SD card and remove it, then see if scanning gets any further.

This is the main thing that stops me using large library's on 2Go and Poly it always falls over at some point. I now use Roon/ARC on a Qnap NAS currently at 3084 albums and 35,000 tracks, its a lot more stable. :)
Thanks for the reply. May be I didn't use the right keywords on searches. I'll try removing folders and see what happen...

How much spare space is left on the SD card. Certainly Poly used to have difficulties if there wasn't enough spare space on the card to save the index file.
Maybe a long shot, but it should be easy to check using your PC.
It has over 100GB free on a 512GB card.

Thanks guys!

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #6,208 of 6,290
I recalled I had issue with Samsung 512GB sd card, if yours is samsung, you may want to check other brand.
I am using Sandisk. The interesting thing is Rigelian can load the whole library just fine, but not the other 3 apps (8Player, Mconnect, and Neutron). If I remove some of the folders where they stopped loading, they would progress further a few more folders and then stop. It seems I'll have no choice but to subscribe to Rigelian.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #6,210 of 6,290
I ran into a similar problem years ago with a Plenue DAP and it turned out to be 'illegal' characters in the file names or properties, things like o's with accents and c's with cedillas. It was slow work checking all the files 🙈
I have posted extensively on this in the past... 😖😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back