Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 1, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #5,491 of 6,295
I noticed yesterday that 2Go won't play some but not all 192Khz 24bit files from a speed class 1 card, audio dropouts etc, swapped the files to a speed class 3 card and the same files work fine. Odd because speed class 1 should be more than fast enough.
This is something else that is very interesting.

Good spot.

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #5,492 of 6,295
This is something else that is very interesting.

Good spot.
Might be worth copying the troublesome files to another speed class 1 card to cross-check that the class of the card is the problem and not that that particular class 1 card was having some kind of failure.

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #5,493 of 6,295
71ZOpIZQN1L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I had been struggling with Samsung class 10, 512GB sd card, with it, my 2GO can never showed all
Album on it, and it is not stable when using it, 2GO tend to disconnect from WiFi.
I bought a new 512gb sd card as shown above. I have no problem at all, 2GO can show all
Folders and can recognized all playlist that I created with mpdcntrl app on windows.
For now, I can say all my prior issues seem caused by Samsung so card.

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #5,494 of 6,295
Certainly there needs to be more rigour and, frankly, brutality in the testing to make sure the software releases are up to the standard required for a product.

If I were managing this project I would construct My Evil Library and put in it instances of every nasty special case that I and the project team could come up with. I would include every special case that has ever trashed the software before plus I would be picking up comments from and errors experienced by the user base.

No software would go out the door unless it first processed the Evil Library fully and correctly.
The downside is that you would still be waiting for the 2Go to be released...

Jun 2, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #5,495 of 6,295
71ZOpIZQN1L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I had been struggling with Samsung class 10, 512GB sd card, with it, my 2GO can never showed all
Album on it, and it is not stable when using it, 2GO tend to disconnect from WiFi.
I bought a new 512gb sd card as shown above. I have no problem at all, 2GO can show all
Folders and can recognized all playlist that I created with mpdcntrl app on windows.
For now, I can say all my prior issues seem caused by Samsung so card.
That is one big card, reminds me of the 8" floppy disks I used a loooong time ago. :wink:

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #5,498 of 6,295
More than disappointing, it's egregious insecurity.
Just got a reply from Chord, they excuse themselves with some challenges with Bluetooth BLE vs the Play Store, and claimed that "thousands" downloaded their APK without trouble. Sure. No, thanks, I'm not risking my security to accommodate your lack of development skill. Very unprofessional.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #5,500 of 6,295
Even my $499 Xbox Series X (gaming console) streams music via UPnP / DLNA at 192khz without any drops, pops or anything, so not sure why this is special for a dedicated $1300 streamer :p

People have really set the bar super low for Chord if people are impressed by this.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #5,501 of 6,295
Even my $499 Xbox Series X (gaming console) streams music via UPnP / DLNA at 192khz without any drops, pops or anything, so not sure why this is special for a dedicated $1300 streamer :p

People have really set the bar super low for Chord if people are impressed by this.
I bet it doesn't sound as good as the 2Go/Hugo2 though.

The bits are scared that they may not be able to live up to all the demands placed on them by Chord's DAC's and streamers hence they hang back with a "you first" attitude which can cause some issues for users at higher bitrates.

:)

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #5,502 of 6,295
I bet it doesn't sound as good as the 2Go/Hugo2 though.

The bits are scared that they may not be able to live up to all the demands placed on them by Chord's DAC's and streamers hence they hang back with a "you first" attitude which can cause some issues for users at higher bitrates.

:)

That is indeed a question that I have. I will see if I can borrow a 2GO + 2YU and see if it improves the Chord Dave once they are readily available. Will also be curious to see how the new firmware update is too.

I expect the 2GO + 2YU should sound really good, but I need to test and hear it for myself first before I can say if it sounds better or not.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #5,503 of 6,295
Possibly it’s just a typo we will check and advise
I am now being told that the U.S. price for the 2yu will be $650 instead of $595. Can you check with Sound Organisation and confirm please? Thanks,

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #5,505 of 6,295
I am now being told that the U.S. price for the 2yu will be $650 instead of $595. Can you check with Sound Organisation and confirm please? Thanks,
I’ve been advised that 650 usd is now the correct price in the USA based on dolllar to pound fluctuations since the product was first launched. import tax and shipping costs have increased dramatically due to covid and other related issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back