Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 18, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #5,356 of 6,290
My indexing is now going on about 5 hours. Obviously, something is not working. I get a variety of lights blinking. Sometimes red, sometimes free, sometimes dark blue, sometimes teal, sometimes the rapidly flashing indexing, sometimes yellow. Annoying to say the least. Plus, cannot connect to my device now either.

I am now basically bricked!

Chord - who do I call to fix this??

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #5,358 of 6,290
I tried to update firmware, but had issue to connect 2GO to goFigure..., when I turned on 2GO without connecting to Hugo 2.
After trying a while without success, I put it on to Hugo 2, and it shows up on goFigure, I check and found out it is on 1.5.0 already?
My guess, once you turn 2GO on and it has wifi/ethernet connected, it automatically updates itself, so I cannot connect it to goFigure.
And then, I found out my goFigure is 2.0.5? So, I update it to 2.0.8, then I get build playlist button.
In my case, my 512GB card index didn't take long, pretty fast I can say. Just don't understand why after scan and write playlist, it has to re-index again.?
The other thing is, it is not clear how the playlist is created, I prefer it to be created per folder that how my music are organized, but it is apparently not the case
as it creates 703 playlist on 30 folders of music??? something to enhance there.

May 18, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #5,359 of 6,290
ok, when you switch card, it will re-index it, why. why. why can't it write the index data on the sd card? and only re-index if
something is changed on the card?

EDIT: checked left card, it has no space left to write, so be sure to leave some space for indexing data.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #5,360 of 6,290
ok, when you switch card, it will re-index it, why. why. why can't it write the index data on the sd card? and only re-index if
something is changed on the card?

EDIT: checked left card, it has no space left to write, so be sure to leave some space for indexing data.
I presume that could explain some of the cases of very long indexing times, if go figure is trying to create an index on cards with no free space.

May 19, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #5,362 of 6,290
All went fine for me, gofigure shut down during the update but 2go carried on and status went white after a few minutes. Everything is working as it should - playlists built successfully from my 512gb card, no issues with MConnect, Rigelian and Roon. For the first time I was able to stream an entire DSD 256 file which is very promising.

May 19, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #5,363 of 6,290
My indexing is now going on about 5 hours. Obviously, something is not working. I get a variety of lights blinking. Sometimes red, sometimes free, sometimes dark blue, sometimes teal, sometimes the rapidly flashing indexing, sometimes yellow. Annoying to say the least. Plus, cannot connect to my device now either.

I am now basically bricked!

Chord - who do I call to fix this??
My first indexing took 10 hours... try turning your Hugo 2 on, if it isnt already on? Not sure if this helps, but my 10-hour index ended soon after I did this.

May 19, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #5,364 of 6,290
One of the things i am hoping Chord would do is to be able to sync 2go's power with hugo 2, even when plugged in all the time. Currently, 2go is still on (stand by) even if you turn off hugo 2. I am fine with this but 2go is still generating heat on standby so i am hoping soon they can sync the power of those 2 devices.

May 19, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #5,365 of 6,290
Has the wifi connection stability improved with the new firmware?

May 19, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #5,366 of 6,290
Hard to determine for me if it has improved as I have the 2go working well even before the firmware update. One thing I did take note of, every time I had a crash before, I look at the roon server logs. A common thing I see as an error message is the percentage of the buffers per track is not a 100% and the 2go being in sleep mode so the roon server stopped communication, hence the dropouts. I looked at the logs last night while playing the interstellar soundtrack which usually causes the dropouts from before and I do not see the drops in buffers like before (attached a portion of that log). So no dropouts for me yet so far.

For reference, here's how my network at home is chained. ISP (30MBps, i know, it's a joke) - > Tp-link deco m5 (just a single unit, small house) - > ds220+ (installed roon server here) - > 2go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518_204117_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518_204117_com.android.chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
May 19, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #5,367 of 6,290
Just spent an hour listening to the new upgrade. Not a single pop or click. Previously I was plagued by them. Everything rock solid and stable, whether wifi even at 192/24 or via Rigelian and local files. Huzzah!!

May 19, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #5,368 of 6,290
No. Update: To be more specific, 2go stability is so variable (days working perfectly, then bursts of clicks and skips) that the only way I'd say there's an improvement is if it works without glitches for an extended period. When I updated to 1.5.0 yesterday (which was a saga in itself due to GoFigure flakiness), the first album I played via Roon had a skip on the first track. I moved the device to another place in the same room, worked well for the next 45 minutes, then skips again. This is in a very quiet WiFi environment in the country, my UniFi network is 40dBm above the nearest neighbor network. I do use a UniFi mesh, it could be that 2go is still hopeless with even pro mesh gear, which is a design defect as everything else I own has no problem, including Linn and Naim gear.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #5,369 of 6,290
So I was someone plagued by the pop/clicks issue. With the new update, I noted yesterday that it seemed to have fixed the issue, but wanted to hold out on calling victory until more testing.

Good and bad news. Bad news is that it's not 100% solved, for me. Good news is that the frequency of the pops/clicks is significantly improved. So if I got a 40% pop/click rate before per listening session, it's now more like 10%.

I can now listen to music without too much worry of distraction. Still, for $1300, and the fact that the Poly is completely clean, I'm still scratching my head over this. Sigh.

May 19, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5,370 of 6,290
The update seems to have fixed the pops&clicks for me. And my m-connect issues are as well - It’s very stabil. Very big deal for me because it has been very poor. But am I the only one gets a better sound from the update as well?Lower noice floor, more ease full sound and easier to pick out decaying notes/tones? Something has definitely changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back