Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 18, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #5,313 of 6,290
Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that 2go's latest firmware update v.1.5.0 is now available via an OTA update.

Once you have successfully updated your 2go to the latest firmware, you'll be able to benefit from the new feature sets within Gofigure iOS v2.08(22) and Android v1.2.126.

*Please note that if you haven't already updated your Gofigure app, please do so before you update your 2go's firmware.

The key features via Gofigure/2go:

Improved radio station and playlist support

Faster access over Wi-Fi through caching

Playlist generator for the Quick Play function

Enhanced status messaging and stability

MPD updated

Wi-Fi smart switching

Convenience switching stability improvements

ROON ‘RAAT' update

DLNA visibility update

The new playlist generator feature allows Gofigure to scan any SD card/s inserted into 2go for music, and create playlists for every stored album, giving a quick and easy way to play all stored albums without the need for either a Wi-Fi connection or another app.

If you're interested in trying out the new playlist build feature, you can watch our follow-along instructional video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/56Abvrubuu0

Attachments

• 2go v1.5.0 Socials.jpg
    2go v1.5.0 Socials.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #5,316 of 6,290
Once the update finished updating and the 2go vanished from my gofigure devices list , I unplugged the charge cable, let all the lights go out , waited a moment and then turned it on with the power marble
The power cycle took a while and the 2go reset a couple of times before settling , the Hugo light cycled twice as well.
And then boom , there it was in the gofigure and I was happy to rerun the wizard

May 18, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #5,317 of 6,290
I couldn't resist so I updated. I did not notice any faults with the update. With hugo2go on, nothing playing, I just clicked on update firmware. Let the progress bar run, i did not even allow my phone to go to sleep, just waited until the progress bar is completed. About 80%, I got the notification that 2go is lost and must close the app. I let it close the app and just looked at the 2go until the status light went white. Opened gofigure again and was able to find the 2go, did not even rerun the wizard again. Hugo 2 did not even restart. So good update experience so far for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518_190435_com.companyname.PolyUniversal.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518_190435_com.companyname.PolyUniversal.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #5,318 of 6,290
Just updated to firmware 1.50. I am that kind of user that only go playing on micro SD. Still hear a little noise floor at the beginning or the ending second of a song on certain tracks. Those vinyl like pops and clicks are largely absent now. Certainly there's still room for improvement. And the background can still be darker. But after a whole year the machine is much more listenable now. Hope that Chord will continue on the improvement on the sound quality of 2go.

May 18, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #5,319 of 6,290
Has the Go Figure instruction manual pdf been updated on the Chord website to reflect the 2.08 (22) version? When do we use the Hotspot anymore?

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #5,320 of 6,290
I was hoping the firmware update would help my case with the WiFi... Not this time (maybe next?) I keep experiencing drop/disconnections from Roon (2.4gHz WiFi network setup just for the 2Go).
Sadly my ethernet cable is not ready "2Go" in the cupboard... Do you guys have a better WiFi experience?

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #5,321 of 6,290
This is exciting. Looking forward to try it. But ohh, was I hoping for tidal connect. M-connect doesn’t work for me and is so cumbersome to use. Was holding out for this update but now I probably have to sign up to Roon again and get that bloody Roon core server - oh well... still cheaper than a new dac and streamer.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #5,322 of 6,290
All good in Doody-land. Deleted the old app, installed the APK. Firmware updated. Cards re-scanned. App works. MConnect app connects and works. Musical sounds are produced :). Hopefully I'll have some time to explore and play later tonight after work.

Thx for the help, folks.

Doody

May 18, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #5,323 of 6,290
Downloaded and had a very frustrating afternoon.
Mconnect keeps dropping out and not finding the 2Go and reverts back to the iPhone 11Promax. I’ve had an afternoon of switching on and off the 2Go for Mconnect to find it. Currently I’ve spent the last hour and Mconnect won’t even recognise 2Go, I’m trying every combination of switching both on and off and still nothing.
Before the update it was flawless.
Not a great experience so far…

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #5,324 of 6,290
Just updated to firmware 1.50. I am that kind of user that only go playing on micro SD. Still hear a little noise floor at the beginning or the ending second of a song on certain tracks. Those vinyl like pops and clicks are largely absent now. Certainly there's still room for improvement. And the background can still be darker. But after a whole year the machine is much more listenable now. Hope that Chord will continue on the improvement on the sound quality of 2go.

Hello I think the second or so of noise at the start or finish of the tracks you are describing, is likely to be the noise that is was inadvertently recorded into the tracks themselves. Many studios are using equipment that does produce some low levels of residual noise.

Note I would just take this opportunity to say to those patiently waiting for their 2yu’s that we are, following this firmware update, now able to start shipping 2yu’s to our retailers. Once again I’d just like to say sorry for the lengthy delays to those of you that had placed orders. Primarily the delays were due to a chip hardware related issue now fully resolved.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #5,325 of 6,290
Can anyone explain how the 2Go sends out its uPnP signal for an app to connect to it?
It’s literally taken me over an hour of switching both phone and 2Go on and off for it to finally recognise it. Before it was absolutely flawless?
How do they connect together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back