Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 4, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #4,996 of 6,290
Maybe @Matt Bartlett could give us more information about the 2Yu.
I know he is no more present on this thread but with a bit of luck we could see his comeback.
I sincerely hope that Matt is able one day to return.
If he cannot, then I believe it would be good for Chord to revisit their earlier communication model of 5 years ago, and nominate an interface in the style of @Mython or @OK-Guy

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #4,997 of 6,290
I've never seen a white Hugo2 status light when charging 2Go an Hugo2 together.
Good question about does Hugo2 get a 2A charge when 2Go is fully charged I suspect it doesn't and is always charged at 1A when connected to 2Go.

BTW I'm listening to Alone Again - The Weeknd, the pops and clicks on the intro of that track are particularly bad for some reason.
:)

I think I read a post from Chord, that is similar to this post
This would be similar to my experience with the Poly, and cause similar issues with a particular use case.
By that I mean that if an owner typically uses Hugo2/2Go for a short time (lets assume 2h) each day, and then puts both units on charge together for say just a couple of hours each day.
The consequence of Hugo2 having the priority in charging, is that each day the Hugo gets recharged, but the 2Go will have received little or no recharge.
So the Hugo2 will continue happily in a state of near full charge for many days.
In contrast the 2Go battery is almost losing 2 hours charge a day, because it is never getting much chance to recharge.

I suspect that this lies behind the posts by some 2Go owners, who post that their 2Go battery has already died.
The solution to test, would be to either leave the Hugo2/2Go to charge for several hours in between use, or charge the Hugo2 and 2Go separately (which itself has the issue of dismantling the connecting lugs etc).

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #4,999 of 6,290
I think I read a post from Chord, that is similar to this post
This would be similar to my experience with the Poly, and cause similar issues with a particular use case.
By that I mean that if an owner typically uses Hugo2/2Go for a short time (lets assume 2h) each day, and then puts both units on charge together for say just a couple of hours each day.
The consequence of Hugo2 having the priority in charging, is that each day the Hugo gets recharged, but the 2Go will have received little or no recharge.
So the Hugo2 will continue happily in a state of near full charge for many days.
In contrast the 2Go battery is almost losing 2 hours charge a day, because it is never getting much chance to recharge.

I suspect that this lies behind the posts by some 2Go owners, who post that their 2Go battery has already died.
The solution to test, would be to either leave the Hugo2/2Go to charge for several hours in between use, or charge the Hugo2 and 2Go separately (which itself has the issue of dismantling the connecting lugs etc).

This is what happens to me. Sometimes left with a charged H2 and dead 2Go. They should charge equally IMO. Being bolted together, you're not going to regularly separate them.

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #5,000 of 6,290
I had some major problems with the bluetooth of my Chord Poly in combination with my 4K Samsung TV, despite all my bluetooth wireless headphones working fine. So a friend of mine let me borrow his 2GO to see how it works.

The reason for this, when my girlfriend tries to sleep at night, I cannot use my speakers anymore. And I just happen to like the ease of use of bluetooth that the Apple AirPods Max offers and the sound is actually not that bad. Apple really changed my perception about bluetooth audio. However I was looking for an upgrade in sound quality (hence the Chord Poly + Mojo + AFC 2 was my first candidate as a replacement of the Apple AirPods Max for bluetooth audio, but I never got it work properly ).

The good news, bluetooth on the 2GO seems to work fine with my Samsung 4K TV. However I was shocked that the Apple AirPods Max sounds miles better than the 2GO + Hugo 2 + AFC 2. And this is despite the machine learning / computational audio of the Apple AirPods Max being quite restricted in combination with Samsung devices.

So conclusion:
- Chord should be thankful that Apple does not care about high-end / audiophile audio. I really did not expect this victory for Apple when both devices use bluetooth audio, especially since I gave a lot of advantages to the Chord 2GO + Hugo 2.
- Only use the Chord 2GO + Hugo 2 with Airplay, DLNA and similar protocols. Don't touch bluetooth. Else you can save a lot of money by simply grabbing the Apple AirPods Max and it sounds better too. A high-end headphone will not save the 2Go + Hugo 2.
- The bluetooth of the 2GO is better than the Poly, which is good. However that also means that the bluetooth of my Chord Poly will never be good unfortunately. But based on what I heard so far, don't use bluetooth audio with these devices even if it was working.

So 2020 really was crazy year. I never imagined a day where an Apple wireless headphone would beat Chord their best offering in a particular use case (bluetooth audio).

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #5,001 of 6,290
The good news, bluetooth on the 2GO seems to work fine with my Samsung 4K TV. However I was shocked that the Apple AirPods Max sounds miles better than the 2GO + Hugo 2 + AFC 2. And this is despite the machine learning / computational audio of the Apple AirPods Max being quite restricted in combination with Samsung devices.
Hi, do you know what the respective Bluetooth Codecs in use were? If your TV doesn't support APTX then it will default to SBC on the 2Go (I think, Chord don't mention the supported Codecs that I could find). I reckon the Apple Airpods may be using the AAC Codec when connected to the TV so will always sound better as the audio is less compressed over the Bluetooth link.

It's like connecting this

1612680625022.png

To this

1612680700613.png

I've never even considered using Bluetooth either on the Hugo2 or the 2Go as I have devices that support LDAC and AptX HD for that.

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #5,002 of 6,290
Hi, do you know what the respective Bluetooth Codecs in use were? If your TV doesn't support APTX then it will default to SBC on the 2Go (I think, Chord don't mention the supported Codecs that I could find). I reckon the Apple Airpods may be using the AAC Codec when connected to the TV so will always sound better as the audio is less compressed over the Bluetooth link.

It's like connecting this

1612680625022.png

To this

1612680700613.png

I've never even considered using Bluetooth either on the Hugo2 or the 2Go as I have devices that support LDAC and AptX HD for that.

I have no idea what codecs are being used. Not that it matter as I am not going to buy a new TV just for the 2Go if it does not support the codes on my TV.

And yeah, don’t consider the 2Go with bluetooth (atleast based on my experiment) :p

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #5,003 of 6,290
I have no idea what codecs are being used. Not that it matter as I am not going to buy a new TV just for the 2Go if it does not support the codes on my TV.

And yeah, don’t consider the 2Go with bluetooth (atleast based on my experiment) :p
The other option is to get something like the Fiio BTA30 and put it in RX mode. Then you can connect any DAC to it with coax or optical digital interconnects and get an LDAC or APTX HD connection that sounds very good albeit still compressed over Bluetooth.

Feb 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #5,006 of 6,290
Thanks I've ordered the one from Chord hopefully it will be here this week and I will post a pic too. :)
From whom did you order it? Pray tell... 🙂

Feb 8, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #5,008 of 6,290
Maybe @Matt Bartlett could give us more information about the 2Yu.
I know he is no more present on this thread but with a bit of luck we could see his comeback.
Seen just now while roaming the Net looking for the Hugo2go carry case...

Hmm... 🤔

Screenshot_20210208-103743_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back