Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jan 31, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #4,981 of 6,288
[... ]
So to summarize, there is literally no way of browsing my sd card via bluetooth or temporary hotspot to pick a random album? I have to create custom playlists in advance to going out or visiting relative‘s houses (if we can ever do that again)? And to start off the process I have to temporarily tether my phone and 2go together? Ugh.
I will look for your previous posts on playlist creation, thanks again.

Sorry if this has already been asked before but has there been a dev request to be able to browse the sd card via bluetooth and start playback? This would seem a blindingly obvious functionality.

Sorry to be negative, I am just contantly surprised and shocked at how shoddy the UE is for almost all aspects of this bloody thing.
I was thinking of treating myself to a DAVE this year but I have been put off Chord for life and will continue saving for the dCS Bartok.
Also, are there any alternative products l could use as a portable Roon endpoint if I just give up and sell my Hugo2go?
Yes, you have to populate the sd cards with at least a playlist for each album. You can add extra playlists for favourite combinations of albums or tracks as you like.

This is how the old school music players worked and at that time people created playlists as a matter of routine. The latest players are sure to use playlists as well, as they probably evolved from the old players. Software is rarely written from scratch on the principle that if it works reuse it as much as possible. The difference is that the latest players likely internalise their playlists so the users never see them, but I'm sure they are still there.

The reason that the gofigure music playback functionality is so limited is that even to do the supposedly simple thing that you ask would imply Chord having to implement something close to a "full fat" music app. That would be a major effort for them for little reward as far as the vast majority of the user base is concerned. Like it or not, you and I are outliers in the way we use the devices 😀

But as I said, once set up it works very well. Of course, the sound is lovely otherwise none of us would be here talking about it 🙂 It is virtually in its own class when used as a DAP. For this reason I went all in hard on the playlists and didn't give up on the 2go.

You could also consider using an old phone for the Hugo 2go. Then the WiFi from the 2go being dead would not be an issue.

As an aside, my Note 20 Ultra with the latest OS update seems to handle listening to "dead" WiFi in a much more intelligent way than the previous Note 9 did. When it gets no Internet from the WiFi connection it will automatically go to mobile data to find the Internet.

On the subject of DAVE, I have M Scaler and DAVE in my second audio system and I can tell you that the sound is just awesome. Don't tar the DAVE with the same brush as the 2go.

As to the Bartok, my main system has the full dCS front end consisting of Verdi, Purcell, Verona, and Elgar so I am a great fan of dCS. One of the joys of hifi for me however is the fun of upgrading. I'm sure that the Bartok is a great device but as a one-box system with no clear upgrade path apart from chucking it out and starting over from scratch it would not be for me.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #4,982 of 6,288
Would be happy to try 2go if you decide to drop over to me, ifbinterested pm me:wink:
I also had mojopoly, i it worked so well good without eny glitches at all.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #4,983 of 6,288
Yes, you have to populate the sd cards with at least a playlist for each album. You can add extra playlists for favourite combinations of albums or tracks as you like.

This is how the old school music players worked and at that time people created playlists as a matter of routine. The latest players are sure to use playlists as well, as they probably evolved from the old players. Software is rarely written from scratch on the principle that if it works reuse it as much as possible. The difference is that the latest players likely internalise their playlists so the users never see them, but I'm sure they are still there.

The reason that the gofigure music playback functionality is so limited is that even to do the supposedly simple thing that you ask would imply Chord having to implement something close to a "full fat" music app. That would be a major effort for them for little reward as far as the vast majority of the user base is concerned. Like it or not, you and I are outliers in the way we use the devices 😀

But as I said, once set up it works very well. Of course, the sound is lovely otherwise none of us would be here talking about it 🙂 It is virtually in its own class when used as a DAP. For this reason I went all in hard on the playlists and didn't give up on the 2go.

You could also consider using an old phone for the Hugo 2go. Then the WiFi from the 2go being dead would not be an issue.

As an aside, my Note 20 Ultra with the latest OS update seems to handle listening to "dead" WiFi in a much more intelligent way than the previous Note 9 did. When it gets no Internet from the WiFi connection it will automatically go to mobile data to find the Internet.

On the subject of DAVE, I have M Scaler and DAVE in my second audio system and I can tell you that the sound is just awesome. Don't tar the DAVE with the same brush as the 2go.

As to the Bartok, my main system has the full dCS front end consisting of Verdi, Purcell, Verona, and Elgar so I am a great fan of dCS. One of the joys of hifi for me however is the fun of upgrading. I'm sure that the Bartok is a great device but as a one-box system with no clear upgrade path apart from chucking it out and starting over from scratch it would not be for me.
Great comments as always Steve thanks.
dCS main system and DAVE backup..? Not jealous at all...

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #4,984 of 6,288
Anyone got any feedback on the quality of the spdif outputs (Optical and BNC) from the 2yu?

I've been running optical from a Matrix Audio x-spdif 2 to my qutest, and this sounds amazing compared to feeding it USB. I'm just wondering if optical out of the 2yu is comparable.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #4,987 of 6,288
Do we have any information when they plan the shipping?
Not that I know of, but I do know they are running very much reduced staffing numbers due to social distancing requirements and struggling to cope with repairs and shipments of existing products. With that in mind an release will be delayed, probably until we have all had our vaccines.

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #4,989 of 6,288
I have question.
Is it possible to charge hugo2 at 2amps when 2go is connected?
Becouse it seems not, 1amp takes 2go, another 1 takes hugo.
But if 2go fully charges, does then hugo 2 gets 2amps?

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #4,990 of 6,288
I have question.
Is it possible to charge hugo2 at 2amps when 2go is connected?
Becouse it seems not, 1amp takes 2go, another 1 takes hugo.
But if 2go fully charges, does then hugo 2 gets 2amps?
I've never seen a white Hugo2 status light when charging 2Go an Hugo2 together.
Good question about does Hugo2 get a 2A charge when 2Go is fully charged I suspect it doesn't and is always charged at 1A when connected to 2Go.

BTW I'm listening to Alone Again - The Weeknd, the pops and clicks on the intro of that track are particularly bad for some reason.

:)

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #4,991 of 6,288
I suppose I should consider myself lucky. I never had pops and clicks on my previous Hugo 2Go. I foolishly sold it only to buy a brand new combo a week later (yeah, I like it that much!); The new pair operates just as flawlessly as the last on all counts. This means no pops and clicks in my primary use case of H2Go acting as a Roon endpoint.

Sorry to hear that people are still dealing with this problem, it must be super annoying...

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #4,993 of 6,288
I suppose I should consider myself lucky. I never had pops and clicks on my previous Hugo 2Go. I foolishly sold it only to buy a brand new combo a week later (yeah, I like it that much!); The new pair operates just as flawlessly as the last on all counts. This means no pops and clicks in my primary use case of H2Go acting as a Roon endpoint.

Sorry to hear that people are still dealing with this problem, it must be super annoying...
I don't have any pops and clicks when using Roon either, only when MConnected to it.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #4,994 of 6,288
I don't have any pops and clicks when using Roon either, only when MConnected to it.

Will try MConnect this afternoon. I will make sure to report back either way.

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #4,995 of 6,288
No pops and clicks in MConnect Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back