Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jan 28, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #4,966 of 6,288
Why not go for the Poly + Mojo if you are looking for something very portable or even a DAP? Fits in any pocket so you can walk around freely.

The Hugo 2 belongs on a desk / table imo in operation. So something like a high-end DAC in the office when you do not need the extra portability of the Mojo.

The three levels of musical portability (for me, anyway):
PXL_20210128_114553455.jpg

Hugo 2: around the house only. Can't imagine carrying it comfortably in a pocket of anything I own, except maybe a backpack!

Mojo: outside with a coat/ jacket maybe, but too heavy for summer shorts, t-shirt pockets etc. Certainly not for all seasons but useful wherever you can't or don't want to take the Hugo.

Earstudio ES100: suitable for pretty much anything, from back patio barbecueing to 50km bike rides and can be happily suspended from an iem cable wound round your neck.

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #4,967 of 6,288
Why not go for the Poly + Mojo if you are looking for something very portable or even a DAP? Fits in any pocket so you can walk around freely.

The Hugo 2 belongs on a desk / table imo in operation. So something like a high-end DAC in the office when you do not need the extra portability of the Mojo.
Because the Hugo 2go sounds soooo much better... 😋😀

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #4,968 of 6,288
Trying to use Mconnect or 8 player to access Tidal. I signed into Gofigure with my Tidal details, but when I try to use any of the software to access Tidal I get this error
"Service login or communication failure". I know my username and password is correct, so what's the issue? Anyone know

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #4,969 of 6,288
Trying to use Mconnect or 8 player to access Tidal. I signed into Gofigure with my Tidal details, but when I try to use any of the software to access Tidal I get this error
"Service login or communication failure". I know my username and password is correct, so what's the issue? Anyone know
I think Qobuz and Tidal both changed their login security and as usual it will take Chord a while to catch-up (long while) in their app.

Both work OK when used directly with MConnect that's how I use Tidal and Qobuz.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #4,970 of 6,288
I think Qobuz and Tidal both changed their login security and as usual it will take Chord a while to catch-up (long while) in their app.

Both work OK when used directly with MConnect that's how I use Tidal and Qobuz.

I don’t believe that excuse. Because I had that error when this “feature” was launched so it never worked in the first place. It was not due to Tidal or Qobuz changing something changed recently.

If it was working on my side and then all of a sudden it stopped working, then I might have believed it personally.

But just use Mconnect indeed or when you are at home, you can also use Audirvana.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #4,971 of 6,288
Anyone seen stock of the official Chord Hugo2Go case in the UK?

Jan 30, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #4,972 of 6,288
Jan 30, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #4,973 of 6,288
Is there a guide anywhere on how to simply play from SD cards?
The only way I can figure out is to set Hotspot mode with Gofigure, then connect my iPhone to the 2go’s WiFi network and then pick an album with Rigelian.

This seems a massive faff and I am then unable to use my phone for anything as it is connected to a ‘dead’ network.

Is there a way I can avoid using three separate apps and be able to use my phone at the same time?

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #4,974 of 6,288
i got my hugo2go a few weeks ago and i thinks this combination is just amazing in terms of SQ and portability.

i also get the random pops and crackle though. i've sent a support request to chord. perhaps the more users report this the higher up this issue goes on their list of priorities? i'm hoping.

btw: i have this issue on both, streaming from roon via wifi as well as when streaming from sd card locally, also when in airplane mode and with bluetooth disconnected.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #4,975 of 6,288
The only way I can figure out is to set Hotspot mode with Gofigure, then connect my iPhone to the 2go’s WiFi network and then pick an album with Rigelian.

This seems a massive faff and I am then unable to use my phone for anything as it is connected to a ‘dead’ network.

Is there a way I can avoid using three separate apps and be able to use my phone at the same time?

when using it around your house, just connect both your phone and 2go to the same network and then use a dlna app on your phone to remote control 2go playback.

when on the go, consider using your phone as a wifi hotspot and connect 2go to your phone's hotspot. then, again, use a dlna app on your phone to remote control 2go playback. this way you can continue to use your phone just as usual.

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #4,976 of 6,288

I assume your problem is as follows: you don't want your phone to listen to the 2go hotspot as then use of the Internet is hindered as you describe; you don't want your phone to be the hotspot as that melts the battery away; but you are stuck because if you disconnect the phone then the album ceases to play.

The cure for all this is to use gofigure over WiFi to play playlists that are already saved on the sd card. Do not use the Bluetooth option for doing this as it is murderously slow.

This works well because, once started, the 2go will continue to play the playlist autonomously. Gofigure is the only app, as far as I know, that will do this ie it will issue a simple instruction to the 2go: play the whole playlist. Other apps feed the playlist to the 2go track by track so they have to remain constantly connected for playback to continue without stopping.

When using gofigure in this way you can therefore disconnect the WiFi link to your phone without playback stopping. This is exactly how I use the 2go when out and about.

The downside is that you have to create playlists on the sd card.

Gofigure is very picky about what it recognises as a valid playlist.

For extensive information on how to create such valid playlists see my previous posts on this thread.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #4,977 of 6,288
Thanks a bunch. You are indeed right that I am looking into how to listen when I am not connected via wifi. When I am at home, I am exclusively listening via Roon and I got fed up with the awful wifi connectivity and so installed Ethernet cable at my three most used listening points for the 50% of the time when my 2go refuses to connect to my mesh network.
So to summarize, there is literally no way of browsing my sd card via bluetooth or temporary hotspot to pick a random album? I have to create custom playlists in advance to going out or visiting relative‘s houses (if we can ever do that again)? And to start off the process I have to temporarily tether my phone and 2go together? Ugh.
I will look for your previous posts on playlist creation, thanks again.

Sorry if this has already been asked before but has there been a dev request to be able to browse the sd card via bluetooth and start playback? This would seem a blindingly obvious functionality.

And finally, I have a new issue that may have already been covered. I upgraded to mesh wifi and now have 900Mbps coverage in my entire apartment. The problem is that it provides 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks through the same name, and so some days when i turn the 2go on, it connects and works fine all day and the 50% of the time it cannot see the network, presumably because it ‚sees‘ it as a 5GHz network. When this happens, I have to use ethernet all day as there is no fix save for randomly deleting all related apps and reinstalling everything which only sometimes works. Has anyone else seen this?

Sorry to be negative, I am just contantly surprised and shocked at how shoddy the UE is for almost all aspects of this bloody thing.
I was thinking of treating myself to a DAVE this year but I have been put off Chord for life and will continue saving for the dCS Bartok.
Also, are there any alternative products l could use as a portable Roon endpoint if I just give up and sell my Hugo2go?

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #4,978 of 6,288
Thanks a bunch. You are indeed right that I am looking into how to listen when I am not connected via wifi. When I am at home, I am exclusively listening via Roon and I got fed up with the awful wifi connectivity and so installed Ethernet cable at my three most used listening points for the 50% of the time when my 2go refuses to connect to my mesh network.
So to summarize, there is literally no way of browsing my sd card via bluetooth or temporary hotspot to pick a random album? I have to create custom playlists in advance to going out or visiting relative‘s houses (if we can ever do that again)? And to start off the process I have to temporarily tether my phone and 2go together? Ugh.
I will look for your previous posts on playlist creation, thanks again.

Sorry if this has already been asked before but has there been a dev request to be able to browse the sd card via bluetooth and start playback? This would seem a blindingly obvious functionality.

And finally, I have a new issue that may have already been covered. I upgraded to mesh wifi and now have 900Mbps coverage in my entire apartment. The problem is that it provides 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks through the same name, and so some days when i turn the 2go on, it connects and works fine all day and the 50% of the time it cannot see the network, presumably because it ‚sees‘ it as a 5GHz network. When this happens, I have to use ethernet all day as there is no fix save for randomly deleting all related apps and reinstalling everything which only sometimes works. Has anyone else seen this?

Sorry to be negative, I am just contantly surprised and shocked at how shoddy the UE is for almost all aspects of this bloody thing.
I was thinking of treating myself to a DAVE this year but I have been put off Chord for life and will continue saving for the dCS Bartok.
Also, are there any alternative products l could use as a portable Roon endpoint if I just give up and sell my Hugo2go?
You might be able to configure your mesh to transmit separate networks with different names. I am able to do this with my Velop mesh.

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #4,979 of 6,288
I don't have these problems.
Before buying Chord Hugo2Go, I replaced my router with Keenetic Ultra (KN-1810).
The router allows you to configure a lot on the network (range and connection speed of different devices).

1.png

2.png

Perhaps this will help you.

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #4,980 of 6,288
My home network has same name for 2.4G and 5G, I did factory reset, and my 2GO had issue
to connect at first, then after a while it finally connects and never let go even I turned it off and on.
If you are getting connection problem, set different network name is the ultimate solution, since you mesh network, maybe just one of device with 2.4G name is sufficient?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back