Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jan 21, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #4,937 of 6,295
You welcome :p

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #4,940 of 6,295
Not sure why but the pops seem particularly bad for me this evening a few per track. LG-V30 hotspot, MConnect, Qobuz, 44.1Khz ->2Go/Hugo2. I do hope Chord don't give up with fixing this particular problem, because other than that its the perfect setup for me.
It seems to be such a random problem that I even wonder if it might be something to do with the weather...

Even something as basic as a static charge building up in dry weather, or an electric discharge associated with humidity? 🤔🤓

As far as I can gather it is even reported as happening when the 2go is playing an sd card to itself with no WiFi or any other connection involved. As an ardent user of the sd card playback with my phone disconnected even I still think I've heard pops on occasion, but never enough to really bother me.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #4,941 of 6,295
It seems to be such a random problem that I even wonder if it might be something to do with the weather...

Even something as basic as a static charge building up in dry weather, or an electric discharge associated with humidity? 🤔🤓

As far as I can gather it is even reported as happening when the 2go is playing an sd card to itself with no WiFi or any other connection involved. As an ardent user of the sd card playback with my phone disconnected even I still think I've heard pops on occasion, but never enough to really bother me.
You may be right, or perhaps it was the headphone I was using being particularly good at reproducing the pop/click frequency (AudioQuest Nightowl) perhaps other users of this headphone could test it and comment on their observations too.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #4,943 of 6,295
You may be right, or perhaps it was the headphone I was using being particularly good at reproducing the pop/click frequency (AudioQuest Nightowl) perhaps other users of this headphone could test it and comment on their observations too.

I can hear it with all my headphones (Senn 820, IE 800 S and Shure KSE1200, SE846), and with any playback (microSD, Airplay, or Bubble Tidal streaming).

I may push for a replacement with support if we don't hear anything from Chord soon. Feel like we've been patient enough.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #4,945 of 6,295
A pop or click corresponds roughly to a delta function in the amplitude-time domain. As such it corresponds to a very broad spectrum in the amplitude-frequency domain, this is a Fourier transform.

A pop or click, therefore, does not have a well-defined frequency. Reproduction of pops and clicks in a headphone is determined basically by the acoustic bandwidth of the headphone ie the low and high frequency cut-off points.

No decent HiFi headphone would have so serious a deficiency in such an essential performance parameter as acoustic bandwidth that its representation of pops and clicks would be materially different to any of its competitors.

I very much doubt that your experience of pops and clicks would be so affected by which headphones you are using.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #4,946 of 6,295
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #4,948 of 6,295
New York canjam could be next chance of an official announcement.
The bristol hifi show a week later has been cancelled.
I looked at the Nintronics uk website and they have it listed but seem coy about whether it is in stock. I tried putting one in the basket and it allowed that but still would not be clear about whether it is in stock.

Somewhat disingenuous, I think.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #4,950 of 6,295
Hi just to clarify there are two versions of the case one with a carrying strap and one without.
Does the one without the carrying strap still come with the two D-rings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back