Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2,866 of 6,290
Well then, you're not going to like this either (grin). Here's some more praise of Chord. (I have no affiliation to the company whatsoever. They "paid" for these endorsements by earning them through the hard work it took to create these devices).

An Ode 2 2Go, or what I learned from my Project Dave:

I've always known that Hifi comes down to one thing: noise. Great sound can be achieved any number of different ways. But, no matter how good your digital section, no matter how good your analog section, it can all be corrupted by noise. High fidelity is only possible to the degree that you can remove noise from your system and retain the fidelity of that signal. The Dave is a truly awesome machine, but it can be rendered mediocre by a noisy system. The hefty expense of setting up Dave is about removing noisy components and power supplies and all their jitter and masking effects. This is all simply to reveal what Dave can do in a more pure form, and the results are astonishing. However, it can take a massive amount of time, effort, and expense (it has for me).

For the Hugo2, the 2Go is the answer.

It may be your functional nightmare, but it is a Hifi dream.

It's not just that it allows you to go mobile. When you untether from your PC or laptop, you remove a (the) major source of noise. However, network players also produce noise and the cabling to your DAC further degrades sound and introduces noise and jitter. Bits are bits–but only in theory. Once those numbers get converted to actual signal they operate in the real world and are vulnerable to loss.

In 2Go, you're getting all the advantages of a high grade/low noise network server/streamer in a compact unit, and it interfaces with Hugo2 with minimum transmission loss. It elegantly solves both the problem of mobility and fidelity in 1 tiny 2Go package.

I know frustrations continue for many users. I'm just sharing my rationale for why I'm willing to wait and work through these issues. I get that's not for everybody, but my own aggravation is considerably assuaged by joy. So I guess this is actually my Ode 2 Joy of 2Go.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #2,867 of 6,290
I've owned some pretty great DAPs including the M15, SP2000, 220EX+amp8EX. I personally modded the iBasso PCBs, and the production design of amp8EX is almost identical to my version of Whitigir's brilliant mod.

We are free to disagree and that's why all these great DAPs exist.

To my ears, personally, there are great DAPs... and then there is the H2Go.

I don't feel this way about just the Hugo2 alone. The H2Go is something special again.

Jun 29, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #2,868 of 6,290
I've owned some pretty great DAPs including the M15, SP2000, 220EX+amp8EX. I personally modded the iBasso PCBs, and the production design of amp8EX is almost identical to my version of Whitigir's brilliant mod.

We are free to disagree and that's why all these great DAPs exist.

To my ears, personally, there are great DAPs... and then there is the H2Go.

I don't feel this way about just the Hugo2 alone. The H2Go is something special again.
i'll get an H2 for 30 days and compare to M15 with LCD 4z and lay this debate to rest. lets see. the freaking mojopoly skipping every song on roon 70% of the time is a major buzz kill. ill use my imagination re the 2go... i have enough experience with separate network bits (SOTM, ROON NUC, POLY etc) that YES i believe there is a lift but if H2 is on par with M15 absent 2GO then it is simply not worth the hassle.

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #2,869 of 6,290
Thought I might check in. I havn’t had time to do much testing but the firmware update went smooth. It seems to have fixed my issues with the the popsandclicks and my 2go is more stable now. What is weird though is that our use of the m-connecting app streaming tidal is more stable on my wife’s iPhone 11 were it is possible to now stream about 9 songs before the connection is lost. On my iPhone SE the connection is lost after 3-4 songs, which is about the same as before - maybe one song more…

We are looking forward to the next firmware update as our hope is that we would be able to stream a whole album - wouldn’t that be something :wink:
(Our 2go has mainly been hooked up to naim amps with a ethernet connection)

All in all, I am very pleased about the update. There is still work to be done, that is for sure… - but thank you Matt for all the hard work.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #2,870 of 6,290
Thought I might check in. I havn’t had time to do much testing but the firmware update went smooth. It seems to have fixed my issues with the the popsandclicks and my 2go is more stable now. What is weird though is that our use of the m-connecting app streaming tidal is more stable on my wife’s iPhone 11 were it is possible to now stream about 9 songs before the connection is lost. On my iPhone SE the connection is lost after 3-4 songs, which is about the same as before - maybe one song more…

We are looking forward to the next firmware update as our hope is that we would be able to stream a whole album - wouldn’t that be something :wink:
(Our 2go has mainly been hooked up to naim amps with a ethernet connection)

All in all, I am very pleased about the update. There is still work to be done, that is for sure… - but thank you Matt for all the hard work.

That seems like a super interesting data point to me, considering all other variables "should" be the same, with two different phones being the "only" variable?

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #2,871 of 6,290
Being spending some time with the update before chiming in. Update process was smooth as butter. Nothing worsened after the update for me.

I still hear vinlypopsandclicks, but definitely less often. At first I thought it was fixed. Looks like you got a bit more work to do on this, Chord. This issue is way less invasive than before though. I can listen now with very minimal distraction. Guess that's something :p

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #2,872 of 6,290
I’ve changed from 15% headphone vs speakers to almost 100% headphone use over the last 9 months for a variety of reasons, not least lockdown conditions. This H2Go device has been invaluable. I have a pair of Diana Phi headphones which make for a very transportable solution with H2Go. I’ve said it before, but with my whole music collection on dual SD card, radio, Roon and YouTube etc via Airplay, the functionality is exceptional as is the sound quality. My H2Go cost about the same as I paid for my AK380 plus matching 380 amp a few years ago but the functionality and sound quality is in a totally different league. The latest and greatest AK SP2000 lists at £3,399. I’m not knocking AK DAP’s, I like them, but H2Go seems like a bargain by comparison. My main system is an Innuos Statement into BluDave, but H2Go has been getting the lion’s share of my usage of late due to the absolute convenience advantage - and the performance differential is definitely not proportionate to the relative costs of each solution, or even close.

The H2Go plus DiPhi provides a portable solution that gives performance and functionality at a level that I could never even have dreamt of just a few years ago let alone when I first got into putting a system together many years ago.

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #2,873 of 6,290
Got my 2go today. Thanks to headphonezone for actually sending out a silver 2go as I have a silver hugo2.
BUT!
Here start the problems. Try as I might I just couldn't get the 2go to snap into place with the hugo2. I wasted an hour trying every which way, loosening/tightening the screws etc. Everything that's been recommended. Finally had to remove one connector on the digital input side to get it to fit. So now its held together with just ONE connector. This can't be good or safe for either the 2go or the hugo2. I'm worried to say the least.
Next I tried to update the 2go. It failed to update 3 times and now the gofigure app says its up to date at version 0.9.1? [EDIT] It updated, finally. Deleted the gofigure app, re installed it and the 2go updated without a hitch.
Right now I'm far more worried about the mechanical side of things aka the connector issue. I haven't spoken to the distributor yet. Being in India doesn't make things easy with returns when distributors tend not to stock more than one or two pieces of expensive gear.
I hope Matt can chime in here with a workable solution.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #2,874 of 6,290
i'll get an H2 for 30 days and compare to M15 with LCD 4z and lay this debate to rest. lets see. the freaking mojopoly skipping every song on roon 70% of the time is a major buzz kill. ill use my imagination re the 2go... i have enough experience with separate network bits (SOTM, ROON NUC, POLY etc) that YES i believe there is a lift but if H2 is on par with M15 absent 2GO then it is simply not worth the hassle.

They say M11 Pro is similar to Mojo, but Mojo is more lively and accurate. … Hugo 2 is considerably better than Mojo all round, and it's no small step upgrade.

It's unlikely that M15 will be anywhere near Hugo 2. ... That's no disrespect to M15 either. I bet it's brilliant. Although M15 didn't exactly do well in the What HiFi review of it. It reviewed well with others though.

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #2,875 of 6,290
Got my 2go today. Thanks to headphonezone for actually sending out a silver 2go as I have a silver hugo2.
BUT!
Here start the problems. Try as I might I just couldn't get the 2go to snap into place with the hugo2. I wasted an hour trying every which way, loosening/tightening the screws etc. Everything that's been recommended. Finally had to remove one connector on the digital input side to get it to fit. So now its held together with just ONE connector. This can't be good or safe for either the 2go or the hugo2. I'm worried to say the least.
Next I tried to update the 2go. It failed to update 3 times and now the gofigure app says its up to date at version 0.9.1? [EDIT] It updated, finally. Deleted the gofigure app, re installed it and the 2go updated without a hitch.
Right now I'm far more worried about the mechanical side of things aka the connector issue. I haven't spoken to the distributor yet. Being in India doesn't make things easy with returns when distributors tend not to stock more than one or two pieces of expensive gear.
I hope Matt can chime in here with a workable solution.
Thanks in advance.
Can you contact suppor@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will try to help. Normally just loosening the locking pins (connectors) before pushing the two products together is all that's needed.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #2,876 of 6,290
I've had some low-key jazz on this morning while working and I just got a vinylpopsandclicks noise. Not reproducible. Redbook signal / Roon endpoint over wired ethernet. MConnect reports bit perfect mode on and airplane mode on.

FYI/FWIW,
Doody

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #2,877 of 6,290
I’m getting more pops and clicks now that ever. Yesterday it was probably 6 per track. Ruined the listening. Also is taken some big cabs in to work to show a colleague but didn’t in the end due to the pops and clicks.
On hotspot to control sd playback. @Matt Bartlett any good leads on the cause of thse yet?

Jul 1, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #2,878 of 6,290
Can you contact suppor@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will try to help. Normally just loosening the locking pins (connectors) before pushing the two products together is all that's needed.
Thank you Matt for your timely response.
I was giving the combo a cursory first listen and it warmed up as expected. On a hunch I removed the 2go, reattached the remaining locking pin and viola the two slid together like lovers on a happy date! I guess the heat generated by the dac caused the gaps to expand just enough for the two to find their mojo😀
I'm happy that this issue has resolved itself.
It's time now to focus on the music end of things. Off the bat, music is playing both via roon and sd card. So far I havent come across any problems but like I said its been a cursory first listen. Snatches of music in between work.

More later.

Jul 2, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #2,879 of 6,290
@Matt, I had some post-update wifi weirdness tonight. Powered on the unit, but I couldn’t see it from Roon nor on my router. Checked the GoFigure app, which said it was connected to my home network. However, when I went into network details I could see that it had a self-assigned IP address of something like 192.168.100.0. So it clearly wasn’t connected and GoFigure status was wrong. I switched it in/out of airplane mode a few times and it finally connected.

Really strange and not something I’d experienced with the previous firmware.

And the pops and clicks are as frequent as ever.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #2,880 of 6,290
They say M11 Pro is similar to Mojo, but Mojo is more lively and accurate. … Hugo 2 is considerably better than Mojo all round, and it's no small step upgrade.

It's unlikely that M15 will be anywhere near Hugo 2. ... That's no disrespect to M15 either. I bet it's brilliant. Although M15 didn't exactly do well in the What HiFi review of it. It reviewed well with others though.
Let see. I’ll order one tomorrow and hook directly to the SOTM which will more than mimic the 2go... it’s actually better than the 2go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back