Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 28, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #2,851 of 6,290
Late to the party, I just updated. It was quick and painless. So far everything is operating smoothly. I still get the squealing (w/ PCM768) when music is not playing, but I knew that wasn't getting addressed this go around.

I have no idea if there is any change to sound, either real or imagined, as my attention has been diverted elsewhere. If I can share a bit. I haven't been listening to H2Go, because I got a Dave, or I've gone Dave, or achieved Daveness. I'm posting about it here for a reason:

So, I've been busy setting up Dave: regenerators, clocks, optical isolation, servers, LPSs, cabling, upscaling, etc. and even a retrofitted Sean Jacobs power supply. I got rid of my big component desktop rig to simplify with Dave. It backfired. Now boxes and cables are repopulating themselves every time I turn my back. Yet, I can't stop because I keep jumping SQ thresholds.

Today, I ventured out of my Dave cave (literally), and sat in my open, sunlit living room with my H2Go. I did the update and listened to it for the first time since getting the Dave. And well...

Pretty fantastic! This little thing! Already off the noisy power grid, fed internally by SDCards, sounds simply superb. Going from a full size system approaching state of the art to H2Go did not let me down. On balance, it didn't make me question the madness of my Dave project, but it was like taking a huge delectable slice of Dave to go. With each passing day Dave is rooting itself into my music room with the criss crossing network that feeds it. H2Go is totally mobile, simple, and immensely satisfying.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #2,853 of 6,290
Quick question: Is there a way to get Roon/HQplayer streaming to the 2go? I used it previously with my pi/Hugo2 setup via network, the 2go option doesn't show up. Thanks!

Roon works great on the 2Go. It is my most used playback method.

Jun 28, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #2,855 of 6,290
Thanks, I've been using Roon streaming direct to the 2go with no issues since the update. Curious if HQPlayer integration works via network?
Nope. No naa on 2go. Pi is your best bet.

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #2,857 of 6,290
So I got the Hugo TT2, and I wonder, with the 2YU , can it connect directly from ethernet to the TT2 using the USB or coaxial/BNC out without having to buy the 2GO?

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #2,858 of 6,290
Just having my first long listening session since updating the firmware. Alas, the pops and clicks are still there. I tried bit perfect on and off—still getting them. Qobuz redbook via Roon over WiFi.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #2,859 of 6,290
So sunday was ok, generally good connection for a couple of hours of listening.

Today I own a beautifully engineered Chord Brick. Absolutely refuses to play more than one second of any song before skipping. Both Tidal and library tracks.

So rather than listening over my £5k DAC/Amp/Headphone rig, I am listening quietly over a £200 sonos speaker so as not to disturb my wife's work. Sound quality doesn't compare but at least it connects 100% of the time...

Am really losing patience.

Jun 29, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #2,860 of 6,290
My current experience is the following: I set the 2Go to Hotspot Mode. I connect via wifi with my Ipad. The connection with bluetooth is also OK. I play a song and it works. After a few seconds, I try to change songs, but the thing becomes unresponsive. It continues to play the previous song, but there is no possibility to switch to another song or to do anything with the 2go. Only thing is to factory reset and go through the whole pairing process again. This is terrible.

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #2,861 of 6,290
So sunday was ok, generally good connection for a couple of hours of listening.

Today I own a beautifully engineered Chord Brick. Absolutely refuses to play more than one second of any song before skipping. Both Tidal and library tracks.

So rather than listening over my £5k DAC/Amp/Headphone rig, I am listening quietly over a £200 sonos speaker so as not to disturb my wife's work. Sound quality doesn't compare but at least it connects 100% of the time...

Am really losing patience.
Please can you contact us via our support@ email address so we can help.

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #2,862 of 6,290
Late to the party, I just updated. It was quick and painless. So far everything is operating smoothly. I still get the squealing (w/ PCM768) when music is not playing, but I knew that wasn't getting addressed this go around.

I have no idea if there is any change to sound, either real or imagined, as my attention has been diverted elsewhere. If I can share a bit. I haven't been listening to H2Go, because I got a Dave, or I've gone Dave, or achieved Daveness. I'm posting about it here for a reason:

So, I've been busy setting up Dave: regenerators, clocks, optical isolation, servers, LPSs, cabling, upscaling, etc. and even a retrofitted Sean Jacobs power supply. I got rid of my big component desktop rig to simplify with Dave. It backfired. Now boxes and cables are repopulating themselves every time I turn my back. Yet, I can't stop because I keep jumping SQ thresholds.

Today, I ventured out of my Dave cave (literally), and sat in my open, sunlit living room with my H2Go. I did the update and listened to it for the first time since getting the Dave. And well...

Pretty fantastic! This little thing! Already off the noisy power grid, fed internally by SDCards, sounds simply superb. Going from a full size system approaching state of the art to H2Go did not let me down. On balance, it didn't make me question the madness of my Dave project, but it was like taking a huge delectable slice of Dave to go. With each passing day Dave is rooting itself into my music room with the criss crossing network that feeds it. H2Go is totally mobile, simple, and immensely satisfying.
Well if you just bought a bartok you wouldn’t need a cave.

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #2,863 of 6,290
My current experience is the following: I set the 2Go to Hotspot Mode. I connect via wifi with my Ipad. The connection with bluetooth is also OK. I play a song and it works. After a few seconds, I try to change songs, but the thing becomes unresponsive. It continues to play the previous song, but there is no possibility to switch to another song or to do anything with the 2go. Only thing is to factory reset and go through the whole pairing process again. This is terrible.
Please can you contact our support email support@chordelectronics.co.uk so we can get some more details from you to work this out.

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,864 of 6,290
Well if you just bought a bartok you wouldn’t need a cave.

Okay, first of all, hilarious.

Second of all, yeah, the thought had crossed my mind! Dave is significantly cheaper than the Bartok-headphone model. However, now that I'm adding a network streamer/server, regenerators, etc. etc. the Bartok is looking like a bargain. And, the dCS is all neatly self contained to boot. But here's the thing.

I love Chord.

I love the unparalleled realism that an upscaled Dave offers. I love the look of Chord products. Bartok is a box, a lovely box, but a box. The Dave and the H2Go are distinctive pieces of technological art.

Honestly, set aside everything else, is the H2Go not the most gorgeous portable device on the planet? To be continued...

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #2,865 of 6,290
Okay, first of all, hilarious.

Second of all, yeah, the thought had crossed my mind! Dave is significantly cheaper than the Bartok-headphone model. However, now that I'm adding a network streamer/server, regenerators, etc. etc. the Bartok is looking like a bargain. And, the dCS is all neatly self contained to boot. But here's the thing.

I love Chord.

I love the unparalleled realism that an upscaled Dave offers. I love the look of Chord products. Bartok is a box, a lovely box, but a box. The Dave and the H2Go are distinctive pieces of technological art.

Honestly, set aside everything else, is the H2Go not the most gorgeous portable device on the planet? To be continued...
its not... its chord masturbation... this is where consumer electronics companies go to die... look at the FIIO M15 for state of the art... great amp,dac power, UI, connectivity... just works.... my LCD 4Z sounds great from this... FIIO is a powerhouse and rising fast. a fully integrated headless streamer/dac/amp is a BRILLIANT idea.... and chord was 1st in world to do it with mojo/poly.... however this can be done fully integrated... much smaller with better SQ and ID. CHord is at great risk of loosing entirely the more mainstream market they were targeting with Mojo. I know... I shipped 6 million phones with my own operating system... CHord better to partner with someone that actually knows what they are doing here VS keeping the quaint made in UK BS for this kind of product. Maby I do one with Paul at PS audio and his dac guy that understands FPGA upgradability. I think Rob Watts makes excuses for not doing what DCS and PS audio have done doing FPGA updates... he is lazy... algos always changing... new info from universities all the time... DCS could drop an FPGA upgrade on the Bartok in nxt 12 months that brings it much closer to rossini and further separates it from CHord. CHord needs help... dont get me wrong I applaud the company but they need to enter the 21st century otherwise they will get eaten alive.... unfortunately its showing.

Oh and Dave is a box as well... one you would create after an ayahuasca trip.... nothing wrong with this... but I am buying sound NOT pretty boxes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back