Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #2,836 of 6,290
I'm also having problems with 2Go after the v1.0.0 firmware upgrade. Before the upgrade I was able to connect wirelessly just fine. With the new firmware, the wireless doesn't connect at all.

I upgraded my Chord 2Go today from 0.9.1 to 1.0.0. I used Gofigure app version 2.05 to upgrade. The upgrade went well, but after the upgrade 2Go cannot connect to a wireless network anymore. The blue status light keeps blinking, and the configured networks page in the Gofigure app shows multiple entries of "networks configured within 2Go" each saying not connected. If I try to add a new network by selecting a visible network or by manually adding a network, there will be a new entry in the list of "networks configured within 2Go" but it says not connected.

If I do a factory reset, the "networks configured within 2Go" initially shows 3 entries of not connected networks, even when I haven't added any networks yet. Suspiciously it's the same amount that there are visible networks.

My network setup consists of UniFi gear, I have UniFi AP-nanoHD in the same room with Chord 2Go. Additionally, I purchased an UniFi AP-AC-Lite which I configured to use 2.4GHz only and with different SSID in hopes that it would solve the Chord 2Go connection problems (it didn't). Both wireless access points are at 1m distance from the 2Go.

With 0.9.1 firmware the wireless worked, but the music playback using the wireless connection only worked between 5-30 mins before it stopped working and required me to power cycle the 2Go before it worked again. I was therefore really looking forward to the new firmware, but sadly it made 2Go worse for me. Hopefully the issue could be resolved soon.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #2,837 of 6,290
Tojoko

Same here.

When I try to enter network manually, I get “error” message.

it’s important to contact support & give your serial number.
245D7E46-6B61-4A47-B8BD-3E6BB8CD7CFD.png

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #2,839 of 6,290
I'm also having problems with 2Go after the v1.0.0 firmware upgrade. Before the upgrade I was able to connect wirelessly just fine. With the new firmware, the wireless doesn't connect at all.

I upgraded my Chord 2Go today from 0.9.1 to 1.0.0. I used Gofigure app version 2.05 to upgrade. The upgrade went well, but after the upgrade 2Go cannot connect to a wireless network anymore. The blue status light keeps blinking, and the configured networks page in the Gofigure app shows multiple entries of "networks configured within 2Go" each saying not connected. If I try to add a new network by selecting a visible network or by manually adding a network, there will be a new entry in the list of "networks configured within 2Go" but it says not connected.

If I do a factory reset, the "networks configured within 2Go" initially shows 3 entries of not connected networks, even when I haven't added any networks yet. Suspiciously it's the same amount that there are visible networks.

My network setup consists of UniFi gear, I have UniFi AP-nanoHD in the same room with Chord 2Go. Additionally, I purchased an UniFi AP-AC-Lite which I configured to use 2.4GHz only and with different SSID in hopes that it would solve the Chord 2Go connection problems (it didn't). Both wireless access points are at 1m distance from the 2Go.

With 0.9.1 firmware the wireless worked, but the music playback using the wireless connection only worked between 5-30 mins before it stopped working and required me to power cycle the 2Go before it worked again. I was therefore really looking forward to the new firmware, but sadly it made 2Go worse for me. Hopefully the issue could be resolved soon.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Hi @tojoko Sorry to hear that you are having a problem now. We are investigating after Peter reported the similar issue top us. In the mean time are you able to try a manual configuration to see if that works. Assuming you can still access your 2Go using Gofigure can you put it in hotspot mode. Once in hotspot mode connect your phone or computer to the WiFi signal broadcast from your 2Go. Once connected type 192.168.1.1 which will open the manual configuration webpage. Go to the WiFi tab and enter your details then untick the stay in hotspot and reboot your 2Go.

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #2,840 of 6,290
if I try to turn bit perfect mode off, I can hear no sounds. I tried to factory reset but it will play only with Bit perfect mode on.
It's possible you have the volume set to zero. Can you go to the home page on Gofigure, turn off bitperfect mode and then you will see the volume control slider. Turn this up until you can hear the music playing.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2,841 of 6,290
deleted

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #2,842 of 6,290
Hi @tojoko Sorry to hear that you are having a problem now. We are investigating after Peter reported the similar issue top us. In the mean time are you able to try a manual configuration to see if that works. Assuming you can still access your 2Go using Gofigure can you put it in hotspot mode. Once in hotspot mode connect your phone or computer to the WiFi signal broadcast from your 2Go. Once connected type 192.168.1.1 which will open the manual configuration webpage. Go to the WiFi tab and enter your details then untick the stay in hotspot and reboot your 2Go.

Hi Matt,

I tried those steps and was able to add the wifi using the hotspot mode. However, once I rebooted the 2Go, I was in the same situation as before: the blue light is blinking and 2Go is not connected to wifi. Here's what I see if I go to the configured networks page, multiple entries all with "not connected":
Link to the picture

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #2,843 of 6,290
deleted

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,844 of 6,290
I have two Hugo2Go units, one black one silver. I thought I would just update one of them in case of problems, so I switched my black unit on, instructed the update and it ran through and updated with no issue at all, so I felt happy enough to go and update the other one. That one went through just fine as well.

One interesting point is that I always preferred Roon slighly to SD card playback but, following the update, the SD card is sounding noticeably better. Previously, I found it very slightly brighter and harder sounding but now it is full of warmth and has deeper bass and I prefer it to Roon based on just comparing a few tracks. I’m sure that nothing has changed and I’ll be told that is my imagination - but it is what it is.

Good luck with your own update.

Edit - I guess I should say that I posted this in encouragement to anybody who might be nervous about updating. I initially thought I would not bother updating based upon some of the problems mentioned on here, but both mine went through absolutely fine.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2,845 of 6,290
Hi Matt,

I tried those steps and was able to add the wifi using the hotspot mode. However, once I rebooted the 2Go, I was in the same situation as before: the blue light is blinking and 2Go is not connected to wifi. Here's what I see if I go to the configured networks page, multiple entries all with "not connected":
Link to the picture
Ok thanks for trying. If you email our support we will pick this up tomorrow.
There is one last thing you can try on your router.
In the UniFi Configuration you should be able to change the channel width of the 2G Radio. You have 2 options HT20 and HT40 for 20Mhz and 40MHz channels. Whatever yours is set to can you try the opposite to see if this makes any difference.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #2,846 of 6,290
Ok thanks for trying. If you email our support we will pick this up tomorrow.
There is one last thing you can try on your router.
In the UniFi Configuration you should be able to change the channel width of the 2G Radio. You have 2 options HT20 and HT40 for 20Mhz and 40MHz channels. Whatever yours is set to can you try the opposite to see if this makes any difference.

Hi Matt,

I've actually managed to get the wifi connection working now! What worked for me was to use the Android version of the Gofigure app. Since it was a first time I ran the app, it went through the wizard steps of naming your device (which I skipped) and the selection of wifi (which I did). After the wizard completed, the 2Go was connected to my wireless network.

So, either going through the wizard steps solved it, or then Android version works better than the iOS version. At least on the Android version the configured networks page looks more normal:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4gb360869w29wv/Screenshot_20200628-211732.png?dl=0
whereas on iOS it's listing multiple bogus entries:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fyt9wua4d481zs/IMG_1506.jpeg?dl=0

Hope this helps others too.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2,847 of 6,290
Your comment is very useful because it describes the ideal case.
However, during my test last night, things went as I wrote it.
I therefore speak of a real and reproducible case.

It has always been difficult to describe a malfunction and often the manufacturer thinks that the problem described relates to a misunderstanding of the manual and he is often right. This was at the time when there were manuals. Those days are over.

"With my first Poly, everything went very well with the first firmware version, then the next 2 versions caused me a problem with my Samsung TV using bluetooth audio. Finally after 18 months, you sent me a second Poly. Thank you again. "
From this, I deduce that a Chord device can work differently at the factory than at the customer.

Let's go back to the 2go which has a very useful stop button.

From what I think I remember, the bluetooth audio mode is a priority mode, it is the same with the Hugo2. So when the 2go goes into bluetooth audio, the other modes are inhibited.
Is it visible on the 2go?
No, if it is powered by the USB input.
Is it ideal? Not for me
Had this been suggested? Yes.

In Gofigure, is bluetooth audio mode indicated? No.
Is this normal? For me .... ideally not.
Had this been requested? Yes.

Other advantages of a clear indication of the bluetooth audio mode on the 2go:
1.On IOS, bluetooth audio and Bluetooth Low emissions mode are indicated with the same icon and the same name. Will the user, who would select one instead of the other, have any surprises?
In March, some encountered the problem.
Had it been described? Yes in March.
Is the situation different with FW 1.0?
No, always the same 2 icons.

2. If after the end of a bluetooth audio use, the 2go unfortunately remains blocked in its bluetooth audio mode, the user would see that the bluetooth audio mode is still active.
Does this case exist?
Yes, I live it with my samsung TV, and it is reproducible.
Have you tried using Gofigure?
Yes, but the 2go was not visible for selection. So impossible to use Gofigure.
Have you turned off your TV?
Yes, as well as all the bluetooth devices in the house.
And the 2go remained blocked in bluetooth audio mode despite a restart of the Hugo2? Yes.
How are you sure?
I saw by removing the USB power cable that the LED was flashing magenta.

How did you end the problem?
By switching off the 2go and the Hugo2.

Have you reproduced the situation? Yes.

How much time did you spend writing this review? 3 hours Yesterday and 3 this night and 3 in march.

PS:
Why do you keep writing on this forum when your descriptions are deleted or unnoticed?
Because my favorite seller gives me the nickname of "Chord for ever" and I maintain my reputation.
You have understood how he makes fun of me every time I describe the misadventures.
Hi @PANURUS
I'm sorry but I just don't have the same thing you are seeing.
I'm using 2Go at home in a standard setup and Bluetooth is working fine.
Perhaps it is best to email support with a video of the problem then we will happily take a look.

So in my case:-

Bluetooth does not take priority. You can use any other mode and nothing is inhibited. Playback will swap to Roon, DLNA, MPD or Airplay even if Bluetooth is playing.
It doesn't matter if you are using battery or USB power. Gofigure is always available.

I do take your point that in Gofigure Bluetooth Audio is not indicated but neither is Roon, DLNA, Airplay and it shouldn't be necessary as 2Go auto switches between them all. If I want to play something else even if I have been playing Bluetooth then I just hit play on the new playback software.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the naming or the icons used in iOS. That is down to how Apple decide to display them. We have no control over that.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,848 of 6,290
Hi Matt,

I've actually managed to get the wifi connection working now! What worked for me was to use the Android version of the Gofigure app. Since it was a first time I ran the app, it went through the wizard steps of naming your device (which I skipped) and the selection of wifi (which I did). After the wizard completed, the 2Go was connected to my wireless network.

So, either going through the wizard steps solved it, or then Android version works better than the iOS version. At least on the Android version the configured networks page looks more normal:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4gb360869w29wv/Screenshot_20200628-211732.png?dl=0
whereas on iOS it's listing multiple bogus entries:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fyt9wua4d481zs/IMG_1506.jpeg?dl=0

Hope this helps others too.
Thanks for persevering and thank you for sending this on so we can investigate. Glad it's working for you now.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,850 of 6,290
HI Matt
I have found why I have dfficulties to use M.A.L.P.
With the first firmware, I had reserved an IPadress in my rooter for the 2GO in fired Network mode.
But after the new firmware, the fired network IP adress is changed.
Why have I reserved and adress for the 2go in my rooter?
Because if my rooter restart the 2GO will receve the same adress that I had fixed in the profile of M.A.L.P.
So when I want to use M.A.L.P., all works without to have to find the new adress of the 2GO and to input it in M.A.L.P.

It is the first time in 30 years that a MAC adress of a device change with a new firmware.
With the old firmware? I had reserved on my rooter the adress
192.168.0.17 paired with the MAC adress 00:70:3d:3e:31:06

Now, in TOGO setup I see

WIFI MAC: 00:80:aa:35:0d:d0 Bluetooth MAC:01:57:22:0A:0A:AD Ethernet MAC:00:70:3d:35:0d:d0
and in Gofigure, I see :
IP Adress : 192.168.0.16
WIFI MAC Adress: 00:70:3D:35:0D:D0 Bluetooth MAC:01:57:22:0A:0A:AD

As you can see : 00:70:3D:35:0D:D0 is the Ethernet Mac adress

If I remove the ethernet cable, I Go figure I see:
IP Adress : 192.168.0.15
WIFI MAC Adress: 00:70:3D:35:0D:D0 Bluetooth MAC:01:57:22:0A:0A:AD

As you can see: the IP adress change correctly but the WIFI MAC Adress is wrong.

But if I restart GOfigure then the WIFI MACAdress: 00:80:AA:35:0D:D0 is correct.

I hope you will find this information interesting.

PS : Sorry but a smiley is placed where it must be 2point D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back