Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 27, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #2,806 of 6,290
I update the firmware and the app. The pops and clicks are definitely still there (albeit they occur less often). Overall stability is still pretty much an issue, although I noticed some slight improvementa. The pops and clicks issue in a device like this is however a major flaw of the product.

Can you recreate pops and clicks using the different inputs, or is it specific to one connection method? Is it file bit depth related at all?

Jun 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #2,809 of 6,290
I know there was a vinylpopsandclicks issue with an old linux kernel. It couldn't be as simple as that, could it?

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #2,810 of 6,290
Since March, when I connect the 2go, in bluetooth audio, it happens that the 2go remains in this mode although the device is off.
Clearly, I connect my tv in bluetooth audio.
the 2go led flashes magenta. The sound of my tv goes through 2go.
I’m done, I’m putting the sound back on the tv speaker,
The 2go LED is still flashing magenta
I turn off the TV.
The 2go LED is still flashing.
I turn off the Hugo2,
The LED never stops flashing magenta.
I restart the Hugo2, nothing changes.

I push the stop button of the 2go and finally the 2 go comes out of the bluetooth audio mode.

Obviously, we can only notice this by unplugging the 2go power supply.
As long as the 2go remains in the bluetooth audio mode, the 2go totally refuses to communicate in BLE and therefore, the user who leaves his 2go permanently powered, does not understand why the 2go remains invisible with Go figure since no led shows him that the 2go is in bluetooth audio.
I explained this in March, but I find that it was easier to delete my post than to take it into account.
In March, it was obvious that some users found themselves in bluetooth audio without knowing it.
And the 2go was unvisible in Gofigure.
I will assume that my lack of practice of the English language reduced the credibility of my post.

Why the led which blinks magenta without the supply by the USB, cannot it be in fixed fire magenta with the 2go supplied? And why is it in white fixed light since the led next to it is also in white light?
I have configured programmable logic controllers throughout my career. I know the importance for the user, to have always a distinctive sign for each state of the system and all the more when one is still in the development period.
And so I know the path that leads to discontent.

Having my solution, the problem no longer exists (for me). Come what may.
Hi @PANURUS I don't remember seeing your post at the time or that the use of Bluetooth Audio was causing an issue. In any case this is all
working as it should now. If you connect via Bluetooth Audio then the 2Go status light will flash magenta to let you know you are using it but you can still connect via Gofigure at the same time should you want to. 2Go will stay in Bluetooth Audio mode until you select another playback method where it will automatically switch.

I regularly have DLNA, Airplay, Roon and Bluetooth all connected at the same time and can just hit play on each to swap between the playback modes.
When you switch off Hugo2 the magenta light will stop flashing and 2Go will either switch off or if it is plugged in and on charge then it will go into sleep mode.
You do not need to unplug or make any other changes to swap 2Go to play from another source.

P.S The reason 2Go status shows white when charging is because it is easier to see than the battery level indicator under the charge port.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #2,811 of 6,290
And there are still other problems in the Chord environment that keep me away from their interesting and attractive products.
I wanted to listen to the new Ultima 6 amp, £ 6,000 before buying it. This will not happen because the Belgian importer refuses to make the demo. He does not want to open the box of an ultima 6.
He offers to do a demo with 2 ultima 3 monoblocks worth £ 22,000.
He specifies that it is the same DNA so it will be the same.
A real humorist, this gentleman.
So my 2yu will never be in the presence of an Ultima 6. No luck, and we are not close to reading a comment relating to the Ultima 6 on this forum.

I take this as a sign of fate. I still have to wait for Chord to release an amp that will use the DX outputs of my Dave or my scaler. Let us remain optimistic, I have only been waiting 4 years to be able to use my investment In this way.
I've noted your comment about the Belgian distributor.
As for a product that will use the DX output on Dave then that would be a question for Rob Watts. The design of any such product really complex and will require years of work from Rob. Still hopefully we can get you a listen of our new amplifier technology which as a partner to Dave is stunning - although of course you would expect me to say that!

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #2,812 of 6,290
So my firmware update went smoothly, less than 5 min. I was then able to listen in my bedroom in line of site to my WiFi extender for 30 min with few problems, only a few very short drop outs.

Today however is a nightmare.

first attempt at listening in my main room, right next to my router and it plays a few seconds of a track and then skips (see picture for how close I am to the white gigabit router while still losing connection).

so I turned off for an hour and tried again. This time no problem, 30 min perfect playback in the main room and even a few metres outside of the room.

third time, nightmare again. I can’t leave the room without dropping connection and even in the room, 50% of tracks skip entirely and the other half play but with regular drops to silence for about a second roughly once or twice per track.

Needless to say if I use my laptop or iPad as a Roon endpoint I can wander my entire apartment without any connection issues or drop-outs whatsoever. It doesn’t sound nearly as good as the Hugo2go but at this point, I think I’d prefer a solid connection with ok sound over the Hugo’s fantastic sound and pathetic connection.
Can you email support@chordelectronics.co.uk if you haven't done so already. We will run through some things to see why you are getting the drop outs and the track loading slowly messages in Roon.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #2,814 of 6,290
Despite reporting a lost network connection with wired connection yesterday afternoon it's been all plain sailing so far ever since. Probably had 6 or 7 hours play over the two days, and I realise I've probably hexed it by saying that!!
@Matt Bartlett One thing I did notice is that Roon still displays firmware version as 0.9.1. Does anything need to be done to bring FW version between Roon and the 2Go into line?
And any word on when the 2Go will be Roon certified?

1593266633393.png
We are working on the Roon certification at which point the firmware version will be updated. The Covid situation has caused unavoidable delays with the certification process which we hope now the situation is easing here in the UK and in New York (where the Roon testing is based) we can resolve this now.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #2,815 of 6,290
I tried different phones and internet. Deletions, resets, and so on. Lots of hours.

Poly is fine and over the months, I’ve had a great time listening (sans vinyl pops) until the update:

—the update blocks internet connection.

it seems the problem is rare so my guess is that they’ll exchange the 2Go.
Hi Peter, I know my support team are helping you with this but can you confirm what your network status light is doing. This is the light above the small black config button.
We think your 2Go is connected to your network as it is still communicating with the update server showing it has an active internet connection.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #2,816 of 6,290
man, am I glad I cancelled my 2go order...and I am an owner of the dave and blu 2 and hugo 2 and mojo

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #2,817 of 6,290
Same here, its a brick, Gofigure can not find it even if my iphone or ipad has connected too it by BT. Spent whole evening yesterday and this morning, just have a yellow firm light on the Network status light! Have deleted and reinstalled Gofigure app multiple times, connected and disconnected BT and Connection, restarted 2GO multiple time and same same! Anyone have similar issues and managed to solve it? Have asked support but nothing so far in return 🤦🏼‍♂️
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. If the network status light above the config button is yellow then that means your 2Go is either in sleep mode or booting up. Gofigure will only see 2Go when this light is blue, green or flashing blue and green. Yellow means it is shutdown. I would recommend disconnecting your 2Go from Hugo2 and leaving it unplugged to see if the yellow light goes out after a while. Once it has gone out reconnect it to Hugo2, put it on charge and try turning Hugo2 back on. If you are still having issues then please email support@chordelectronics.co.uk

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #2,818 of 6,290
I hear the pops and clicks when playing from SD cards. No matter whether in hotspot mode or connected through WiFi. Any thoughts everyone? thanks.
I appreciate this doesn't help you but we are not getting any pops and clicks under any circumstances now so it would help if you can email our support so we can take some more details. I presume turning bit perfect mode off doesn't make any difference?

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #2,820 of 6,290
I updated to 1.0.0 yesterday and everything seems to be fixed so far. Back story, before the update I was getting occasional drop outs when streaming from Roon via wifi/ethernet with random popping/vinyl scratching noises when using airplay. I've been streaming through ethernet for roughly 6 hours from Roon and airplay since the update and I can report that there are no drops or popping. I'll report back if I encounter any thing odd, so far it's been great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back