Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 30, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,805 of 6,290
@Matt Bartlett two GoFigure issues:

1. When you fire the app up and it isn't connected to the 2go yet, you can opt to do a manual setup of some sort. Once you hit that control though, you can't go back. You can't cancel. I have to restart the app to get out. Have done this accidentally (fat fingers?) a few times now over the last weeks.

2. When I power-cycle H2go, 2go selects the RIGHT SD card - regardless of what was selected before. While I appreciate that this may not be a bug per se (hey - it has to select one of the two!) it should default to where it was - if at all possible.

Doody

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #1,806 of 6,290
My case is still incoming from Kyiv @usb28. I agree with you - but the idea of sitting in a car dealership for 3 hours listening to whatever they have piped-in makes me quite unhappy :). I am being careful, and there’s nobody here, so hopefully no drama.

H2go.jpg

And speaking of drama, no drama to get the H2go moving during my outing. I powered up H2go. Fired up GF, switched cards, and turned on the hotspot (for the first time ever). Connected my phone to the hotspot and MConnect found it and all was good. Listened first to Hank Jones and Charlie Haden's Come Sunday, released 25 years ago in early 1995. One of my top 50 albums, and I'm enjoyed it as if I'd never listened to it before. When Jones's piano is very quiet, it's almost like I can hear what Haden is doing with his fingers on the upright's fretboard.

One thing I’m not entirely gleeful about is what happens with playback when I have to use my phone - like, for a call! I flip the WiFi radio off so I can use cellular data and if the track ends during that, it won’t go to the next track. Not sure this is Chord’s issue - I’m guessing it’s this MPD protocol stuffs. I also seem to recall (?) that If I could play a playlist instead of the first track of an album (which plays subsequent tracks as long as MConnect stays 'Mconnected') this won’t happen. Is that true? Do I somehow need to create MPD-friendly playlists for each album? We’re talking 2,370 albums, according to Roon. If so, is there some automated way to do this anybody knows about? A “make a playlist for every leaf directory” sorta thing? Any advice appreciated on this one. Seems stupid, but what do I know!

I understand that if I connect my phone and the 2go to a shared network this will work better for me (at home that's obviously the case), but I'm not connecting to public networks without a VPN - and that gets too complicated for this setup.

What I did try to do was to set my phone up as the hotspot and then connect the 2go to my phone. That should solve this, right? No such luck. I could not get GF to see my phone as a WiFi network (even though my computer was connected just fine). Furthermore, I made sure that it was 2.4 GHz not 5 GHz in the WiFi settings (which it was - verified multiple times). I tried rebooting everything (phone, 2go, etc.) multiple times but I could never get 2go to see the phone network. I even tried entering the SSID manually - still no love. Samsung Galaxy Note 9, FWIW. @Matt Bartlett any data on getting 2go to connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi phone hotspots?

Doody

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #1,807 of 6,290
@Matt Bartlett I was able to replicate the "very confused network situation" bug with 2go/GF. I caused it the day I plugged it in, and my foray out into the world today seems to have permitted its recreation.

The first time I did it, the presentation was that in GF on the main screen it showed I was in Airplane mode AND that I was connected to my home network.

This time it shows I'm in Airplane mode (plane lit up / WiFi icon dark) and it shows Wi-Fi as "Airplane Mode" correctly (different than above) BUT when I click on the WiFi icon near the top or the Wi-Fi line item on the main page list it says I am "Connected" to my network.

I realized this because when I set my H2go back up at home, I tried to listen to music with Roon and was having ALL sorts of problems. Frustrated the crapola out of me - until I looked over and saw that I had forgotten to plug the network cable back in - whoops! So the only way Roon was communicating with 2go ws via WiFi - and 2go and my WiFi do not get along (still on my to do list to see if I can sort out why).

So GF is not reporting correct information back, FYI. Minor bug, one imagines.

Doody

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #1,808 of 6,290
@Matt Bartlett two GoFigure issues:

1. When you fire the app up and it isn't connected to the 2go yet, you can opt to do a manual setup of some sort. Once you hit that control though, you can't go back. You can't cancel. I have to restart the app to get out. Have done this accidentally (fat fingers?) a few times now over the last weeks.

2. When I power-cycle H2go, 2go selects the RIGHT SD card - regardless of what was selected before. While I appreciate that this may not be a bug per se (hey - it has to select one of the two!) it should default to where it was - if at all possible.

Doody

Uh, we prefer “sausage fingers” over “fat fingers” if you please.

May 1, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #1,809 of 6,290
I've been using the 2go with my Hugo2 for about a week now and have been very happy with it. My use case is pretty simple -- just using the Hugo2go as a Roon endpoint via Wifi. No SD cards, no Airplay, no Ethernet, no phone (other than as a Roon Remote). My core usecase is being able to pick up and move my entire head-fi system to another room of the house without any wires (other than the one connecting the headphones!). The Hugo2go solves this problem brilliantly.

So far no pops or crackles, even when streaming Qobuz 24/192 FLACs.

I want to echo Darko's suggestion to try it out with the Sennheiser HD650 -- it really is a great combo, more than the sum of its parts. For casual listening with the Hugo2go, I may even prefer the Senns to my Utopias.

Two accessory suggestions. First, the Jansport "Weekender" shoulder bag is a decent fit (a little wide, but perfect length) for the Hugo2go combo, giving you an easy shoulder strap carry. And it's just US$19. Second, I ordered an Ethernet port dust cover to keep the lint out of the Ethernet port. Chord should have tossed one of those in!
20200430_230800.jpg

May 1, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #1,810 of 6,290
@Matt Bartlett I was able to replicate the "very confused network situation" bug with 2go/GF. I caused it the day I plugged it in, and my foray out into the world today seems to have permitted its recreation.

The first time I did it, the presentation was that in GF on the main screen it showed I was in Airplane mode AND that I was connected to my home network.

This time it shows I'm in Airplane mode (plane lit up / WiFi icon dark) and it shows Wi-Fi as "Airplane Mode" correctly (different than above) BUT when I click on the WiFi icon near the top or the Wi-Fi line item on the main page list it says I am "Connected" to my network.

I realized this because when I set my H2go back up at home, I tried to listen to music with Roon and was having ALL sorts of problems. Frustrated the crapola out of me - until I looked over and saw that I had forgotten to plug the network cable back in - whoops! So the only way Roon was communicating with 2go ws via WiFi - and 2go and my WiFi do not get along (still on my to do list to see if I can sort out why).

So GF is not reporting correct information back, FYI. Minor bug, one imagines.

Doody
Doody thanks for the feedback. We will review all of these. I'm pretty sure the bug above is because GF is responding faster than 2Go when the network changes so it is displaying the information before 2Go has a chance to change over. This may also be the cause of the issue when you were trying to connect to your phone hotspot. We are working on a solution. I've also noted the default SD card bug which we have already noted and are working on.

May 1, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #1,811 of 6,290
I also seem to recall (?) that If I could play a playlist instead of the first track of an album (which plays subsequent tracks as long as MConnect stays 'Mconnected') this won’t happen. Is that true? Do I somehow need to create MPD-friendly playlists for each album? We’re talking 2,370 albums, according to Roon. If so, is there some automated way to do this anybody knows about? A “make a playlist for every leaf directory” sorta thing? Any advice appreciated on this one. Seems stupid, but what do I know!
I think this was discussed on the Poly thread.
Playlists are just text files, called a m3u filetype, so it should be possible to write an automated script that reads each folder on a 2Go SD card, and then create the text file containing the individual tracks.
OK you probably have to remove the SD card from 2Go, and insert it in a card reader, but not a showstopper for a one-off operation.
You or @NYanakiev could probably write such a script, but first check whether one was already posted in the Poly thread first - no point reinventing the wheel.
Edited - Maybe this post leads to some useful scripts for you to explore/adapt.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,812 of 6,290
Uh, we prefer “sausage fingers” over “fat fingers” if you please.
I am curious why ” fat fingers” are more offensive than ” sausage fingers” ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back