Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 15, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #1,457 of 6,290
I got flak from my retailer when starting the conversation about returning the 2go because of this click/pop issue. I can bet you if they got it back, they would just test it for a couple seconds, deem that there's nothing wrong with it, and then hold it against me.

Suffice to say, I hope this turns out to be a software issue that can be fixed with an update. This wasn't the situation I wanted to be in.

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #1,458 of 6,290
I can only hope that there will be a swift response from @Matt Bartlett on this popping/clicking issue that some seem to be having.

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #1,459 of 6,290
I got flak from my retailer when starting the conversation about returning the 2go because of this click/pop issue. I can bet you if they got it back, they would just test it for a couple seconds, deem that there's nothing wrong with it, and then hold it against me.

Suffice to say, I hope this turns out to be a software issue that can be fixed with an update. This wasn't the situation I wanted to be in.
Mine is on its way back to Chord, as per Matt's post above. Hopefully it will help to find a solution.

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #1,460 of 6,290

That is unacceptable behavior from a dealer, if they want to keep you as a long term customer.
You should email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and explain the details, including the dealer.
Step back a few years, and some of the Poly dealers were less than helpful, when customers had issues.
Chord was forced to remind those dealers about their responsibilities.

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #1,461 of 6,290
So I did some testing to see what is going on.

DLNA:
It seems that DLNA works much better than Airplay. It is quite difficult to detect cracks using SD card playback based on some quick testing I did.

Airplay:
Here is were the cracks and pops are very easy to hear. What the hell. Best to describe it is if you are listening to Vinyl / LP record.

Speculation:
As audio is send from the iPhone to the 2GO, it could be possible that the radio is poorly isolated in the 2GO? (with SD card playback, the WIFI connection is not used to send audio). Or it is a software glitch which really affects Airplay.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #1,462 of 6,290
So I did some testing to see what is going on.

DLNA:
It seems that DLNA works much better than Airplay. It is quite difficult to detect cracks using SD card playback based on some quick testing I did.

Airplay:
Here is were the cracks and pops are very easy to hear. What the hell. Best to describe it is if you are listening to Vinyl / LP record.

Speculation:
As audio is send from the iPhone to the 2GO, it could be possible that the radio is poorly isolated in the 2GO? (with SD card playback, the WIFI connection is not used to send audio). Or it is a software glitch which really affects Airplay.

No AirPlay issues when using my iPhone 11 Pro Max/iPad Pro 11” 2018/iPad Pro 12.9” 2020.

So no, I would very much doubt that the radio is poorly isolated.

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #1,463 of 6,290
That is unacceptable behavior from a dealer, if they want to keep you as a long term customer.
You should email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and explain the details, including the dealer.
Step back a few years, and some of the Poly dealers were less than helpful, when customers had issues.
Chord was forced to remind those dealers about their responsibilities.

I agree. I gave them a piece of my mind.

Good advice, I'll do that. Thx

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #1,469 of 6,290
This may be a stupid idea: would a poll of who's having, and not having, problems and what kind of problems be useful? Perhaps Chord might be able to use that data. Without one, it's harder for me to judge the pervasiveness of problems and their kind.

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,470 of 6,290
So did some more testing, in particular Chord Poly vs Chord 2GO.

So it seems that DLNA works just like the Chord Poly.

However the Chord Poly performs far better with Airplay as it is a mess with the Chord 2GO.

Anyway, luckly I have the option to get a refund. I will probably make use of this option. This really is not a $1200 premium product.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back