Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 7, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,171 of 6,290
Yes.
In fact, if I can’t connect to 2Go, I connect to Poly.
I disconnect and can then connect w 2Go.

I’m a bit confused if I should leave 2Go on for battery saving —-if left on, connection goes through more often.

turned off means starting over.
Hi Peter,
It's fine to leave Hugo2 and 2Go switched on and on charge as they both switch to desktop mode. Perhaps drop an email to support@ and one of the team will run through some other things with you to see if we can't improve things for you.

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #1,172 of 6,290
Is 2go compatible with Quick charge 3.0?

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,173 of 6,290
Is 2go compatible with Quick charge 3.0?

I'd very much doubt that. Poly isn't, there is nothing pointing to that in the box+Qualcomm licensing fees :wink:

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #1,174 of 6,290
I am using my phone to control the 2go.

I have the 2go connected to my home router via 2.4GHz.

If I switch over to 5GHz on the same router the 2go dlna is not detected anymore on Bubble uPnP.

Must my phone remain on the same slow 2.4GHz for Tidal control?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #1,176 of 6,290
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,177 of 6,290
I can control 2Go with my phone connected to a 5ghz network.

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #1,180 of 6,290
Surely that means your phone is connected to the network by 5GHz, rather than your phone is connected to 2Go by 5GHz.

Naturally.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #1,181 of 6,290
After almost a week with the 2Go/Hugo2 combo, a couple observations and a few odd issues as well:

First, to Chord - this combo rocks! The ”potential” versatility is truly great. Good job to you.
BTW, due to COVID-19, I have not really left the house so my experience is limited to only my home environment. Also, I will not speak to sonic qualities because I am not qualified to speak at that level. All I can say is that I thought the Hugo 2 sounded great before the 2Go combo. The 2Go combo sounds great. The biggest relief in all this is that I do not have USB cables anymore. Airplay on iOS devices is awesome to use for anything outside of music - better than the SBC Bluetooth connection you got with the Hugo 2.

Roon - Awesome. Just works without any hiccups. I switched from Cisco Meraki to Linksys Velop based on some comments from early UK Users. The only weird thing that I’m experiencing is that my wife’s work VPN is conflicting with my Roon server. Anytime the Roon application is running on my server, her work VPN does not let her connect. This typically won’t be an issue but since we are all cooped up at home during this time, I have to pick and choose when I can use Roon. It is, by far, my preferred way to use the 2Go at home. The only negative is that I feel that the 2Go combo runs warm using Roon.

SD Card/Rigelian app on iOS - This has been rock solid. Because my wife’s work VPN is conflicting with Roon, I’ve been using this method most of the day. Fortunately, I have plenty of great music stored on a single SD card so far. Indexing took a bit of time but once I got GoFigure and Rigelian to update the database, it’s awesome. This has worked in any of the connection modes that the 2Go offers, however an odd observation, after using Rigelian on WIFI mode, I tried to connect it to Ethernet. When doing so, Rigelian seemed like it didn’t have any tracks to play but once I updated the database in the GoFigure app, this worked just fine. The thing that sucks about this is that each time you either connect or disconnect from Ethernet, it seems like you have to update the database again.

MConnect on iOS - Within the first few days with the 2Go, I purchased MConnect because I was told that it was the only way to connect Tidal to the 2Go without Roon. I knew I wanted this for when I am back in the office where I am away from my Roon server. It worked flawlessly from what I recall but I stopped using this when I realized that Roon rendering the audio at a higher bitrate (orange vs. green color on Hugo2). Since then, for some reason, I can’t seem to connect MConnect to the 2Go. The 2Go doesn’t even show up as a device. I’ve tried out some of the resolutions that were described on this thread like switching from WIFI to hotspot and airplane mode but no luck. I’ve tried this on two separate devices, iPhone 11 and iPad Pro. I’ve even tried to remove the 2Go from the Bluetooth devices on both devices to see if that would help. To no avail, this is still not working for me. If I cannot get this to work for me in the future, this will be a deal breaker for me.

8Player Pro for iOS - I purchased this based on the 2Go manual mentioning to use this for iOS. I’ve never been able to play audio through the 2Go using this. The most I’ve been able to do is access the 2Go SD card files and be able to play this on my iPhone and iPad Pro speakers - although this was kind of cool to be able to use the 2Go like a file server, it is limited by a sluggish UI experience. My least favorite experience so far. I wish Apple allowed for refunds but this app is deserving of it.

2Go Issues - I can’t seem to get the 2Go to power off automatically when I power off the Hugo 2. I have to manually hold down the configuration button for five seconds every time. Fortunately, the 2Go powers up with the Hugo 2 power button So this is just when you turn off. During this COVID quarantine, I haven’t powered the unit off much but when I do, I have forgotten to power off the 2Go more than half the time.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #1,182 of 6,290
MConnect on iOS - Within the first few days with the 2Go, I purchased MConnect because I was told that it was the only way to connect Tidal to the 2Go without Roon. I knew I wanted this for when I am back in the office where I am away from my Roon server. It worked flawlessly from what I recall but I stopped using this when I realized that Roon rendering the audio at a higher bitrate (orange vs. green color on Hugo2). Since then, for some reason, I can’t seem to connect MConnect to the 2Go. The 2Go doesn’t even show up as a device. I’ve tried out some of the resolutions that were described on this thread like switching from WIFI to hotspot and airplane mode but no luck. I’ve tried this on two separate devices, iPhone 11 and iPad Pro. I’ve even tried to remove the 2Go from the Bluetooth devices on both devices to see if that would help. To no avail, this is still not working for me. If I cannot get this to work for me in the future, this will be a deal breaker for me.
I had Bubble on Android do this to me last night. It just wouldn't show the 2go as a possible renderer no matter what I did. Power-cycling the 2go with the 5 seconds on the little black button cleared that up.

2Go Issues - I can’t seem to get the 2Go to power off automatically when I power off the Hugo 2. I have to manually hold down the configuration button for five seconds every time. Fortunately, the 2Go powers up with the Hugo 2 power button So this is just when you turn off.
Amusingly, I had the opposite experience this afternoon. When I powered on the H2 (it was off already when I powered down the 2go to fix the above DLNA problem) the 2go did not power up. I had to pull the USB power cable and re-insert it - and that woke up the 2go.

Q: What exactly should be happening here with the powerings up and down?

Doody

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #1,183 of 6,290
I had Bubble on Android do this to me last night. It just wouldn't show the 2go as a possible renderer no matter what I did. Power-cycling the 2go with the 5 seconds on the little black button cleared that up.
Do you have to connect to the GoFigure app first before opening MConnect? I tried powering down using the Configuration button and no luck still.

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #1,184 of 6,290
After almost a week with the 2Go/Hugo2 combo, a couple observations and a few odd issues as well:

First, to Chord - this combo rocks! The ”potential” versatility is truly great. Good job to you.
BTW, due to COVID-19, I have not really left the house so my experience is limited to only my home environment. Also, I will not speak to sonic qualities because I am not qualified to speak at that level. All I can say is that I thought the Hugo 2 sounded great before the 2Go combo. The 2Go combo sounds great. The biggest relief in all this is that I do not have USB cables anymore. Airplay on iOS devices is awesome to use for anything outside of music - better than the SBC Bluetooth connection you got with the Hugo 2.

Roon - Awesome. Just works without any hiccups. I switched from Cisco Meraki to Linksys Velop based on some comments from early UK Users. The only weird thing that I’m experiencing is that my wife’s work VPN is conflicting with my Roon server. Anytime the Roon application is running on my server, her work VPN does not let her connect. This typically won’t be an issue but since we are all cooped up at home during this time, I have to pick and choose when I can use Roon. It is, by far, my preferred way to use the 2Go at home. The only negative is that I feel that the 2Go combo runs warm using Roon.

SD Card/Rigelian app on iOS - This has been rock solid. Because my wife’s work VPN is conflicting with Roon, I’ve been using this method most of the day. Fortunately, I have plenty of great music stored on a single SD card so far. Indexing took a bit of time but once I got GoFigure and Rigelian to update the database, it’s awesome. This has worked in any of the connection modes that the 2Go offers, however an odd observation, after using Rigelian on WIFI mode, I tried to connect it to Ethernet. When doing so, Rigelian seemed like it didn’t have any tracks to play but once I updated the database in the GoFigure app, this worked just fine. The thing that sucks about this is that each time you either connect or disconnect from Ethernet, it seems like you have to update the database again.

8Player Pro for iOS - I purchased this based on the 2Go manual mentioning to use this for iOS. I’ve never been able to play audio through the 2Go using this. The most I’ve been able to do is access the 2Go SD card files and be able to play this on my iPhone and iPad Pro speakers - although this was kind of cool to be able to use the 2Go like a file server, it is limited by a sluggish UI experience. My least favorite experience so far. I wish Apple allowed for refunds but this app is deserving of it.

2Go Issues - I can’t seem to get the 2Go to power off automatically when I power off the Hugo 2. I have to manually hold down the configuration button for five seconds every time. Fortunately, the 2Go powers up with the Hugo 2 power button So this is just when you turn off. During this COVID quarantine, I haven’t powered the unit off much but when I do, I have forgotten to power off the 2Go more than half the time.
This is all interesting real world user feedback for Chord, so don't worry about posting it.
It does raise a question in my mind for @Matt Bartlett
Matt, i don't have a 2Go but am currently working from home using a VPN.
@brintamatic mentions issues with VPN, so please can you check with your coders, whether there are potential VPN issues. :relaxed:

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,185 of 6,290

Amusingly, I had the opposite experience this afternoon. When I powered on the H2 (it was off already when I powered down the 2go to fix the above DLNA problem) the 2go did not power up. I had to pull the USB power cable and re-insert it - and that woke up the 2go.

Q: What exactly should be happening here with the powerings up and down?

Doody
@Matt Bartlett all useful user feedback.
Chord already have a FAQ for Poly (ok much of the advice will also be generic to 2Go), but is there a plan to create a FAQ for 2Go, where owners can check the 'best practice'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back