Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 31, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #931 of 6,314
End of this week, I've heard. We'll see.

Moon still says tomorrow (03/31).

Moon says "IN STOCK" now.

Doody
Has anyone gotten a shipment notification yet from Moon?

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #933 of 6,314
Awesome! Congrats!

I placed my order only yesterday. So I may have to wait (and wait) for the next batch of shipments. That said, Moon's website did claim that they had stock when I ordered yesterday.

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #935 of 6,314
Got mine about 5 minutes ago.

I had placed my order within half an hour of it popping up for pre-order on Moon Audio's site.
Excellent! But you're a ringer, being a member of the trade! :wink:

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #936 of 6,314
Got mine about 5 minutes ago.

I had placed my order within half an hour of it popping up for pre-order on Moon Audio's site.
You deserve it given how long you've had to wait from preorder to pushed-back stock!

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #937 of 6,314
Great news! I just got my shipment notification! So there's hope for people like me who put their order in late

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #938 of 6,314
Just got my shipment notification, too. I ordered 3/27, so just squeaked in it seems.

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #939 of 6,314

I'm not, anymore (need my tag adjusted, but there are other priorities right now I'm sure ... and it took months to get it set as a sponsor anyway) ... I stopped doing that as of mid-February.

Wouldn't have had any effect here anyway ... the gear I bought for myself (like the 2Go) I did so just like anyone else (which means always call your dealer and see what they'll do for you price wise, rather than just doing add-to-cart and checking out - at least for gear which isn't literally just released and in short-supply/on back-order). And I doubt Moon Audio have any idea who I am beyond just being a customer, much less any interest in what I write about third-party products - that I have no intent to review anyway ... :wink:

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #941 of 6,314
Very comprehensive guide and review in Japanese (use Google translate) . Apologies if this has already been shared. Would appreciate more comments on sound quality.

https://e-earphone.blog/?p=1345833

Here you go: (part on sound quality)

The specially designed 2go, in addition to its powerful networking features, also has very good sound quality, raising the level of Hugo2 while maintaining its goodness. While maintaining thevery smooth, cornerless, real and very vivid features, the impression of a sharpened and refined sound was added to the sense of resolution.

There is a sense of unity as a whole and it is a very natural balance, but if you pay attention to one band, the information volume is tremendously precise with pure sound quality without mixing. I wanted to listen to the sound source that I was used to listening from one end. It is almost as shocking as listening to Hugo2 for the first time.

The highs have become even more relaxed, and the reverberations of hardware, brass instruments, and electric guitars with clean tones have been improved to higher levels. It is sound quality that combines the high definition of all information and the overall cohesion and unity.

DSC01478.jpg

Surprisingly good sound! I think that this sound alone is a valuable product with sound quality not exaggerated to say. The impression that the sound quality of Hugo2 itself, which was just wonderful, was unraveled and sublimated to a higher level.

If you have Hugo2, of course. I want to listen with good sound anyway! I hope you can try it once. Indeed the highest peak of portable. The sound quality was incredible from the size of this case.

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #942 of 6,314
I can try to check it with my IPhone 8. it will not be very easy as I will have to dissconnect 2 go to get access to hugo usb input and use cck and usb to micro usb cable but may try to see what happens.
I am using the Hugo 2 with the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Will that lead to a big jump in sound quality by using the 2GO?

It is now super difficult to test new gear with the lockdown going on unfortunately.
ok I did little test listened to one song twice once With hugo to iPhone 8 via cck and short chord Micro usb cable and once by hugo2go - it was autumn from the windmill track from Jon Lord Pictures Within album from Tidal using mconnect app via AQ nightowl headphones. I habe similar observations as before hugo2go seems to sound cleaner, sharper and much more engaging. Without 2go it sounded like picture is slightly out of focus. With 2go its bit reacher and more layered. Deeper 3D. Bass notes shows more details. In simple terms its wow effect versus normal. It was not blind test of any kind. Its also fairly new product for me so i can not exlude that my mind play tricks on me and actual sonic differences are not as significant as they seems to appear to me. But as for now I would call them substantial. For me also as i use a phone alot also while listening reading working or just scrolling internet the cable connection is absolute disaster as it makes the phone unusable.

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #943 of 6,314
Glad to see some 2Go's posted. Hoping P Hyatt gets his 2Go soon. He's been waiting since H2 launch so will be excited for him. I'll punt/pass. Went another direction.

For those whom want to take a chance to take their 2Go on a walkabout, there is a decent chance the setup may fit in a FlipBelt Zipper:

https://flipbelt.com/flipbelt-zipper

header.jpg

Mine stays stationary. Doesn't sag. It's near one's center of gravity so you don't really feel the weight. I need it as I'm rehabbing from a back "dunking" injury, so need to get in my walking reps.

Here's mine. Please excuse the bulky computer to the left. This was the first prototype. I have since switched to a computer half the size and optical plug is now horizontal w/ no stress. I also have a neoprene piece on the back of H2 so it can be a bit thinner.

flipbelt.png

The headphone cable can be routed inside the Flipbelt by using an exacto blade and cutting a few inseam threads. I route the glass optical cable this way. The headphone cable will exit at the gap where the PC is located.

If you get a learning remote, you can control volume while on the go without having to bring the official remote out to play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back