Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 19, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #766 of 6,310
Moon Audio is now listing March 25th on their site.
you're not trading stock based on the MA site are you? it was "Feb 29" and then it was "Now Shipping" and then it was "Mar 12" and now it's "Mar 25".

i have been told that MA gets stuff 'first' in the US, so maybe that's a positive sign that it's "early April" not Apr 30. we can all hope :wink:.

doody

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #768 of 6,310
I can confirm this behaviour with the 2go, mConnect, and an iPhone 11 Pro. However unlike with your situation restarting the iPhone did nothing and it was only resolved by restarting the 2go. I have a multi-access point network at home with access point-steering enabled (similar to a mesh network but based on enterprise gear) and the issue seems to happen when I cross from one access point to another. The song currently player will finish to the end and then mConnect will warn that the renderer stopped responding. I note that the DLNA and MPD servers still remain visible and connectable as does the AirPlay service - it is literally just the UPnP/DLNA renderer that seems to crash. This is very reminiscent of an issue that occurred on the Poly when a network change happened. I have raised a ticket with Chord Support and will alert my distributor.

Aha, I have a Unifi multi AP network at home. And, as I posted earlier, am having problems with the DLNA renderer too.

Mar 20, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #769 of 6,310
I have the same problem with the Chord Poly too on my home network.

So I am not suprised that these issues are also on the 2GO.

Mar 20, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #770 of 6,310
I have the same problem with the Chord Poly too on my home network.

So I am not suprised that these issues are also on the 2GO.

I wonder why I’m not seeing any of this. I used to have this issue with Poly though..

Mar 20, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #771 of 6,310
I wonder why I’m not seeing any of this. I used to have this issue with Poly though..

I haven’t seen the code of the Chord Poly. But I do know it is a problem of the Chord Poly as all my other devices do show up.

Luckly this issue does not show up when using hotspot on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. So the Poly is still usable in the end, as I can stream with my other devices at home.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #773 of 6,310
you're not trading stock based on the MA site are you? it was "Feb 29" and then it was "Now Shipping" and then it was "Mar 12" and now it's "Mar 25".

i have been told that MA gets stuff 'first' in the US, so maybe that's a positive sign that it's "early April" not Apr 30. we can all hope :wink:.

doody

I walked into a retailer in the UK yesterday and bought a 2GO for delivery in ten days time. The order with Chord was placed over the phone while I was in the store. It was relayed to me that all initial 2GO devices had now been shipped by Chord, and therefore mine would be from a further manufacturing run. What the implications are for North American availability I couldn't tell you, but as a former Toronto, Canada resident, my experience of Chord's NA distribution set up (and I unfortunately had quite a bit) was that it was somewhat shambolic when it came to meeting what was promised. I'm hoping my UK experience will be better.

Mar 20, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #774 of 6,310
I have a Meraki mesh network at home right now. I wonder if the Poly/2Go has issues with mesh networks. Sorry that I cannot contribute to this test - I’m in the US so we haven’t gotten our 2Go shipment yet.

I have a Poly on Linksys Velop Mesh. No issues at all.

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #775 of 6,310
I have a Meraki mesh network at home right now. I wonder if the Poly/2Go has issues with mesh networks. Sorry that I cannot contribute to this test - I’m in the US so we haven’t gotten our 2Go shipment yet.
Meraki mesh networks did experience many problems with the early Poly firmware. @Matt Bartlett have the Meraki mesh issues been sorted now?

Mar 20, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #776 of 6,310
I find it curious that a 2TB sd card might not be seen as enough by some.

Personally, I really don’t see the above as a problem.
I have 4tb of music that I'd like to take with me.

Mar 21, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #777 of 6,310
I reached out to Chord support, questioning their implementation of needing to toggle sd cards on and off.

I understand that the above is something that is being actively looked into.

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #779 of 6,310
I've made a very small video on Chord 2Go and Hugo 2. see here:

I really liked 2Go's packaging- clearly Hugo 2's has changed to accommodate that of his little bro's.
Good job Chord!

@Alexandre Marques cool video! Looked quite blurry on my 4k screen (as in more blurry than other 1080p videos, that is)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #780 of 6,310
I've made a very small video on Chord 2Go and Hugo 2. see here:

So looking forward to the 2go being in stock in North America. I am so ready to “digitally distance” while I socially distance. Have one on preorder here in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back