Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 19, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #751 of 6,306
One thing I wasn’t expecting is that only one SD card at a time can be made available to apps like MConnect and 8Player. I imagined it would be like a twin- card dap and index both cards. Maybe I’m doing something wrong...
The device does not see 2 cards at the same time? Thats a show stopper for me. Will never buy one if thats the case and boy does that seem stupid at this price point. I hope you're wrong, but I'm lovin my old Kann better and better.

Mar 19, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #752 of 6,306
The device does not see 2 cards at the same time? Thats a show stopper for me. Will never buy one if thats the case and boy does that seem stupid at this price point. I hope you're wrong, but I'm lovin my old Kann better and better.

I find it curious that a 2TB sd card might not be seen as enough by some.

Personally, I really don’t see the above as a problem.

Mar 19, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #753 of 6,306

It's an issue, for sure IMHO. We can only buy 1TB cards right now. 2TB cards may be much further out than we think - and I have a bad feeling they won't happen until the next evolutionary step in micro SD standards (defined, but not implemented yet - I wrote a long post on this earlier in this thread). My music collection is just over 1.5TB, growing quickly, and I want it all available all the time. I still use my Cayin N5iiS and FiiO M11 because those are the most recent products in their respective lines with two SD slots instead of one. IME, FiiO does a better job than Cayin in regard to 'integrating' the data from the various sources so it looks like one big pile of music, but I never found the Cayin solution 'painful' by any stretch.

As I am not yet in possession of my 2go (sigh), I'm unable to compare more deeply.

While I prefer the FiiO solution, I have happily lived with the Cayin solution. So whichever solution is offered up, effectively, by 2go and GoFigure should work for me.

Doody

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #754 of 6,306
You're not doing anything wrong

I thinks it's designed like this - that's why the switch in gofigure settings.

So you'd have to switch between cards in the settings? Does it have to re-index the card and, if so, how long does it take?

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #755 of 6,306

some of us have large libraries of hi rez music and there are no 2TB cards available....

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #756 of 6,306
So you'd have to switch between cards in the settings? Does it have to re-index the card and, if so, how long does it take?

I think that the indexing happens when you initially insert the micro SD cards. Switching from one to the other doesn’t seem to require further indexing.

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #759 of 6,306
Hi all. I received my 2go yesterday and after some initial frustration in setting it up it is working a charm. Just one question regarding digital volume. I am using mConnect on iOS with Bit Perfect turned on in GoFigure but I am still able to control the digital volume in mConnect and it has an effect. I assumed Bit Perfect would have prevented any control over the digital volume from source apps?

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #760 of 6,306
Hi all. I received my 2go yesterday and after some initial frustration in setting it up it is working a charm. Just one question regarding digital volume. I am using mConnect on iOS with Bit Perfect turned on in GoFigure but I am still able to control the digital volume in mConnect and it has an effect. I assumed Bit Perfect would have prevented any control over the digital volume from source apps?

Same here. I thought bit perfect playback should have prevented that from being possible.

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #761 of 6,306
Interesting. Of course that could be 13 days - 43 days.
Exactly. I wouldn't advise any breath-holding :)

Unfortunately, this is my Nth go-round with Chord releasing products. I need my head examined! Every single exercise has been an entertainment-filled ride! C'est la vie. Right this moment I'm sure there are SARS-CoV-2 issues messing up the supply chain, so its not entirely their fault.

Doody

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #762 of 6,306
In mConnect bit perfect does not prevent volume from source app but it prevent imho if played by go figure or wider those apps which works on the basis mpd.

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #763 of 6,306
For those of you waiting in the US, if you inquire with Chord they are telling folks 'April'.

Doody
Moon Audio is now listing March 25th on their site.

Mar 19, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #764 of 6,306
if you imagine the signal coming through a series of junctions, when it gets to 2go, it has no idea what has happened on any previous junction, so bit perfect to 2go, just means that it wont change the signal before passing it onto the next junction (dac) (i'm guessing).

Mar 19, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #765 of 6,306
I am gutted because 2go sounded great. My main problem was that 2go would not make itself visible as a renderer in MConnect using my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Oddly it did appear on my iPad Air 2, but then it failed to playback music. Chord are apparently aware of this issue and requires you to restart your iPhone - but this only provided temporary fix for me and 2go disappeared as a renderer again shortly after.

I can confirm this behaviour with the 2go, mConnect, and an iPhone 11 Pro. However unlike with your situation restarting the iPhone did nothing and it was only resolved by restarting the 2go. I have a multi-access point network at home with access point-steering enabled (similar to a mesh network but based on enterprise gear) and the issue seems to happen when I cross from one access point to another. The song currently player will finish to the end and then mConnect will warn that the renderer stopped responding. I note that the DLNA and MPD servers still remain visible and connectable as does the AirPlay service - it is literally just the UPnP/DLNA renderer that seems to crash. This is very reminiscent of an issue that occurred on the Poly when a network change happened. I have raised a ticket with Chord Support and will alert my distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back