Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 21, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #286 of 6,290
Can it be done if using a musicplaying app? and if so which? Sounds strang a high caliber CH22Go can not stremTidal/Qobus on the go?
In HD quality I mean.....

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #287 of 6,290
In HD quality I mean.....
Yes, if you use the poly hotspot or make your iPhone a hotspot then you can use - network renderer - approach and stream full hd. Only limited by the source material.

but if you use airplay as opposed to network renderer, then limit is red book quality.

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #288 of 6,290
Can it be done if using a musicplaying app? and if so which? Sounds strang a high caliber CH22Go can not stremTidal/Qobus on the go?

yes it would work through MConnect/DLNA if your phone has a cellular connection (i.e., you're not on a plane or a subway). you'd be using your cellular data to stream hi-res files directly from the MConnect app.

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #289 of 6,290
The practicalities of it mean, to listen to much hi res, your phone and poly will need to be on a network with internet access (as you’ll run out of phone data allowance).

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #290 of 6,290
is airplay 16//44.1 (roon//tidal redbook cd) lossless and neither upsampled or downsampled and gives a purple light signal in roon indicating a lossless playback chain?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #291 of 6,290
is airplay 16//44.1 (roon//tidal redbook cd) lossless and neither upsampled or downsampled and gives a purple light signal in roon indicating a lossless playback chain?

if you’re able to use Roon, you’re in Roon mode, and thereby on a wifi network. Airplay doesn’t enter into it.

regardless, when you use Airplay in Roon to any Airplay endpoint, it’s never lossless in Roon.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #292 of 6,290
It's worth keeping the pressure on for it. A split unit with cables in all directions makes no sense at all unless you have a Hugo2. When they brought out the Blu2 enough people who just wanted an M Scaler complained and we got an M Scaler. You never know.
I was hoping for a desktop streamer to match my Qutest case so I'm unimpressed with the the clumsy 2YuGo offering.

The 2Go has similar functionality to the Poly but is twice the price. I'm paying for a battery I don't need which will inevitably fail in time. Will 2Go continue to operate on mains alone with a totally defunct battery?

In theory I should be able to connect the USB output (and the 5 volt power output) from the 2Go directly to my Qutest. Why are Chord forcing me to spend £450 on a 2Yu if I'm not using coax or optical? A simple USB and power pass through should have been provided at minimal extra cost..

The one thing I do like is the onboard micro SD card storage and the ability to act as a server. This mirrors the functionality of my Auralic Aries Mini ( with SSD storage) which is a rock solid streamer and server.

Obviously sound quality is the key issue. I would be particularly interested in a comparison between a 2Go/Hugo2 (£2.8K) and a 2Go/Yu/Qutest (£2.65K). In theory it should be very similar but if the former 2 box combo is better people might be tempted to change their Qutests for Hugo2s and avoid the cost of a 2Yu.

I certainly won't be placing an order any time soon and I own a MojoPoly and Qutest.

I suspect 2Yu is a stop gap and as the Hugo spawned the 2Qute and the Hugo2 the Qutest I would expect a sensible intergrated desktop model to follow once Chord have profited from the initial surge of interest..

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #293 of 6,290
It really is just another Poly with option to output from a low noise streamer (battery powered) to other equipment. Non Chord or mscaler. As a Poly user I know the frustrations. I’ll pass.

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #294 of 6,290
I was hoping for a desktop streamer to match my Qutest case so I'm unimpressed with the the clumsy 2YuGo offering.

The 2Go has similar functionality to the Poly but is twice the price. I'm paying for a battery I don't need which will inevitably fail in time. Will 2Go continue to operate on mains alone with a totally defunct battery?

In theory I should be able to connect the USB output (and the 5 volt power output) from the 2Go directly to my Qutest. Why are Chord forcing me to spend £450 on a 2Yu if I'm not using coax or optical? A simple USB and power pass through should have been provided at minimal extra cost..

The one thing I do like is the onboard micro SD card storage and the ability to act as a server. This mirrors the functionality of my Auralic Aries Mini ( with SSD storage) which is a rock solid streamer and server.

Obviously sound quality is the key issue. I would be particularly interested in a comparison between a 2Go/Hugo2 (£2.8K) and a 2Go/Yu/Qutest (£2.65K). In theory it should be very similar but if the former 2 box combo is better people might be tempted to change their Qutests for Hugo2s and avoid the cost of a 2Yu.

I certainly won't be placing an order any time soon and I own a MojoPoly and Qutest.

I suspect 2Yu is a stop gap and as the Hugo spawned the 2Qute and the Hugo2 the Qutest I would expect a sensible intergrated desktop model to follow once Chord have profited from the initial surge of interest..
If enough people take a sensible view like you, and keep the pressure on Chord for a one-box product hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. I agree with you; £499 for a USB to USB adaptor is a bit steep. Why is the USB output of the 2Go locked to a Hugo2?

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #295 of 6,290
If enough people take a sensible view like you, and keep the pressure on Chord for a one-box product hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. I agree with you; £499 for a USB to USB adaptor is a bit steep. Why is the USB output of the 2Go locked to a Hugo2?
Do you know that will be the case? A female microUSB cable, may well be all you need. But he 2go only really makes sense attached to a Hugo2.

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #296 of 6,290
Do you know that will be the case? A female microUSB cable, may well be all you need. But he 2go only really makes sense attached to a Hugo2.
Not sure about a female microUSB cable being sufficient - it certainly isn’t for the the Poly which is locked to the Mojo with some kind of handshake. Time will tell. I agree that the 2Go only really makes sense attached to a Hugo2. Hopefully Chord will listen to their customers and produce something more sensible for people with M Scalers, TT2s, DAVEs and Qutests.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #299 of 6,290
That's a bit unfair, $$$ maybe one factor but I can see Chord not wanting the hassle of supporting their product with every single DAC out there with all the various combinations that entails, a support nightmare for a small company.

Keeping it open doesn't inherently mean they would have to support any other devices. I feel like they could keep it open, and put a simple disclaimer saying they only support the device when used in combo with the Hugo2.

Keeping it locked down seems like pure profit to me. Especially since if it weren't locked down you could use a Poly for the same function (missing a few small features) for far less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back