Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Sep 5, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #4,171 of 6,290
You should get a job In Chord Customer Relations Amberlamps. “There’s nothing wrong with the 2Go/Poly, it’s your fault for being stupid, take it back for a refund”. Way to go!

Lol, a CR rep for Chord, I wish I was, but you misunderstood the point I was making, poly, it works for me and alot of other people NOW, 2go, well it uses the same software to control it so......and if there was so many problems with 2go, I'm shocked that chord would release it in such a state, especially after polys still birth and the furore that followed.

It is like everything else on internet forums, a device that doesn't work as expected, the small minority of users will make more noise on a forum than the non posting majority users who don't have problems. I'm guilty of doing that myself in the poly thread a few years ago.

Am I saying their isn't problems, no, but the gofigure software does have a slightly steep learning curve ( it's not the greatest app made ) and on top of that, you have a second piece of software to control it with. I'm not saying people are stupid, well, maybe they are, as if they can't get schiit to work and have had weeks and weeks of trying, w.t.f why on earth do they still have it ? Return that schiit.

As for the "there's nothing wrong with 2go/poly", for me and many others, poly works flawlessly now, that wasn't always the case, and in my case, I did return my first poly to the store to get a refund, because it was a p.o.s when first released, which is no longer the case and I can testify to that.

This schiit started because some dude expected matt to be on the forums 24/7, if I was a CEO of a company, the last thing I would do is post on a forum to only get insults and BS in return.

To be honest, after the poly debacle, why did folk not wait to see if it had problems before buying???

5CA82DFD-54C6-44E1-BC49-0C2BA5850F50.jpeg

Also, Chord are no longer a sponsor of headfi, I wonder why ?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #4,172 of 6,290
Lol, a CR rep for Chord, I wish I was, but you misunderstood the point I was making, poly, it works for me and alot of other people NOW, 2go, well it uses the same software to control it so......and if there was so many problems with 2go, I'm shocked that chord would release it in such a state, especially after polys still birth and the furore that followed.

It is like everything else on internet forums, a device that doesn't work as expected, the small minority of users will make more noise on a forum than the non posting majority users who don't have problems. I'm guilty of doing that myself in the poly thread a few years ago.

Am I saying their isn't problems, no, but the gofigure software does have a slightly steep learning curve ( it's not the greatest app made ) and on top of that, you have a second piece of software to control it with. I'm not saying people are stupid, well, maybe they are, as if they can't get schiit to work and have had weeks and weeks of trying, w.t.f why on earth do they still have it ? Return that schiit.

As for the "there's nothing wrong with 2go/poly", for me and many others, poly works flawlessly now, that wasn't always the case, and in my case, I did return my first poly to the store to get a refund, because it was a p.o.s when first released, which is no longer the case and I can testify to that.

This schiit started because some dude expected matt to be on the forums 24/7, if I was a CEO of a company, the last thing I would do is post on a forum to only get insults and BS in return.

To be honest, after the poly debacle, why did folk not wait to see if it had problems before buying???

5CA82DFD-54C6-44E1-BC49-0C2BA5850F50.jpeg

Also, Chord are no longer a sponsor of headfi, I wonder why ?

All good points...for what it is worth, my 2Go and recently repurchased Poly (after giving up and selling my old Poly months ago), are both working flawlessly and in a variety of network environments.

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #4,173 of 6,290
All good points...for what it is worth, my 2Go and recently repurchased Poly (after giving up and selling my old Poly months ago), are both working flawlessly and in a variety of network environments.

It's good to hear that your poly and 2go work great, I wish I kept my H2, as 2go was high on my new toys to buy list. But my finances dictated that I stick it up on ebay.

I bought it for £1500 and sold it 2 years later for £1300. Happy days.

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #4,174 of 6,290
2 months in now and I'm still a happy 2go owner. Admittedly not pushing things to the limit (Roon, MConnect, and Rigelian) up to 192hz/DSD128 no up scaling), but it's pretty much flawless with my mesh wifi. Maybe an odd glitch once in a while, but extremely rare.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #4,176 of 6,290
I dusted off my old aries mini, connected it via WiFi and now serving up tunes as a roon endpoint. Upsampling everything to dsd256 without any problems. THIS from a machine now discontinued and released 4 to 5 years ago if memory serves me right.
WT@#* Chord?
#Edit: oh yeah and it uses the 5ghz band.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #4,177 of 6,290
I dusted off my old aries mini, connected it via WiFi and now serving up tunes as a roon endpoint. Upsampling everything to dsd256 without any problems. THIS from a machine now discontinued and released 4 to 5 years ago if memory serves me right.
WT@#* Chord?
#Edit: oh yeah and it uses the 5ghz band.
My at least ten year old Squeezebox Touch works fine via WiFi as an LMS and Roon endpoint, and it is so old it uses 2.4GHz WiFi. Only makes it up to 96kHz though, and when I used in my kitchen the microwave would upset it. But nonetheless, it shows what can be done. Why was 5GHz WiFi developed if 2.4GHz was so good? Answers on a postcard ...

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #4,179 of 6,290
Hello,

I had no idea that there was such a good Chord thread on this site until now.

I am interested in purchasing a 2GO and 2YU to use instead of my Mac Mini.
Would like to start off using my internal DAC and upgrade to a Chord DAC in the future.

From my understanding,
think this is the way to do this.

I really do not want to use Roon Software to manage my files and I do not wish the use Chord's either.

I am trying to find out of I can use Audirvana withe these Chord Devices?

Have a life time subscription and like the way it works very much and the SQ.

Please let me know your thoughts?

I saw at he beginning of this thread that some had has issues with Chore products but I think this might have to do with WiFi issues.
Mine will be hard wired.
There are a lots of posts to read through on this thread.

Most appreciated

Sep 7, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #4,181 of 6,290
I swear some people on here have tunnel vision.
Meaning ‘I only want to use it the way I want to use it’?

I guess I see both sides:

- Why prevent yourself from enjoying a great piece of equipment just because it doesn’t work exactly how you prefer?

- This stuff is expensive and there are tons of choices — why shouldn’t I look for a device which works the way I prefer?

Sep 7, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #4,182 of 6,290
Meaning ‘I only want to use it the way I want to use it’?

I guess I see both sides:

- Why prevent yourself from enjoying a great piece of equipment just because it doesn’t work exactly how you prefer?

- This stuff is expensive and there are tons of choices — why shouldn’t I look for a device which works the way I prefer?

Kind of. The 2go did not function adequately with me, and I’m a senior IT guy with heaps of expertise I can call on from others, so clearly something is wrong. I’ve just never understood blind devotion to a particular company. Chord did great with the Mojo and Hugo 2 and less great with the Poly and 2go and they need to hear that feedback.

Posters coming on here and banging on about poor Chord being scared to face mean and nasty Head-Fi or whatever. It’s certainly no worse than other social media. Chord is all grown up now and doesn’t need people defending them from us mythical bullies.

Sep 7, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #4,183 of 6,290
My 2Go seems to get lowest priority for data off my Netgear router's QoS system. If no other device is playing it runs perfectly.

When I go to change the priority manually the router can't recognize the 2Go and has it labeled as Other.

I wonder if this router handshake problem is related to people's problems.

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #4,184 of 6,290
My 2Go seems to get lowest priority for data off my Netgear router's QoS system. If no other device is playing it runs perfectly.

When I go to change the priority manually the router can't recognize the 2Go and has it labeled as Other.

I wonder if this router handshake problem is related to people's problems.

Though I haven’t used QoS at home in years I remember it wasn’t very good for some of the more unusual protocols. Often the routers only come pre-configured with very basic options. You may be better turning it off altogether if you have a fast enough internet connection and make sure any torrents or large downloads are manually speed and connection limited in their respective applications.

Also most QoS implementations only work on traffic in and out of the network rather than within in. Unless you’re using a streaming services directly from the 2go (that you have set up in GoFigure) I wouldn’t expect a problem. That is unless it’s one of the few that applies QoS to everything in which case I’d definitely turn it off to dramatically improve overall network performance.

Edit: does your router support something called Airtime Fairness? This has a similar impact as QoS for improving priority but by sacrificing the performance of devices with weaker connections

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #4,185 of 6,290
I'm not saying people are stupid, well, maybe they are, as if they can't get schiit to work and have had weeks and weeks of trying, w.t.f why on earth do they still have it ? Return that schiit.
A fair point, and people will do that with most products and brands. In the case of 2Go and Poly there is a lot of psychology going on because many customers have developed a cult-like devotion and emotional attachment to the brand, which drives them to illogical behavior. If similar issues happened with a less boutique brand such as NAD or Sony, customers would be completely unforgiving and returns would drive the product to be quickly withdrawn.

Perhaps people need to step back and look at things a bit more objectively. 2Go/Poly costs as much as a laptop or tablet. What would you do if you bought a laptop or tablet and couldn't get it to work within a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back