Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 17, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #196 of 6,288
Anyways, I went through the thread. No interest this time around, maybe next gen. Unsubscribing.

Be sure to check out the OP's Fake SD card scam link.

Make sure you get the genuine SD goods for your 2Go by a reputable retailer. The market is flooded with SD card knock offs, it's really scary.

Run speed tests if you are unsure of your current SD cards.

GL

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #197 of 6,288
for those of us who have the BluDAVE, what streamer do you currently have connected to the USB input of the Blu Mk II? I currently have an ultraRendu powered by the LPS 1.2 connected to my BluDAVE. do you guys think the 2go2yu may provide a significant sonic upgrade from my current setup?

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #198 of 6,288
for those of us who have the BluDAVE, what streamer do you currently have connected to the USB input of the Blu Mk II? I currently have an ultraRendu powered by the LPS 1.2 connected to my BluDAVE. do you guys think the 2go2yu may provide a significant sonic upgrade from my current setup?

I use an Innuos Zenith SE with Innuos Phoenix connected into the USB of my Blu2Dave (the Innuos Zenith SE / Phoenix combo is reputed to get close to the Statement).

As none of us have heard the 2go2yu I am afraid you are asking an impossible question!

Feb 18, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #201 of 6,288
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #203 of 6,288
I've ordered a 2go - anyone got any listening impressions yet from Canjam?

I hope it's better than Allo USBSignature and NUC using Euphony at this price. Would be nice if Chord could provide more technical details, including details of if it internally reclocks ethernet signal etc...

Yea, I'm pretty sceptical that it gets much better than the combo you're listening with. It would have to be quite easy to spot the SQ difference at this sort of price difference.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #204 of 6,288
I've ordered a 2go - anyone got any listening impressions yet from Canjam?

I hope it's better than Allo USBSignature and NUC using Euphony at this price. Would be nice if Chord could provide more technical details, including details of if it internally reclocks ethernet signal etc...
You live only a couple of hours drive away from the Bristol Show this weekend.
Probably your best opportunity to ask about technical details face-to-face.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #205 of 6,288
EX 5k can, mscaler 6.2k can, hqp license 300 can. EX has more than enough for pcm processing and roon core at same time. Using sinc-m(>1m taps), 768k max sampling, lsn15 shaper.

Seems like the M scaler price is comparable after converting currencies, but UK is getting screwed over on Antipodes prices!

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #206 of 6,288
-;

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #207 of 6,288
It's been stated many times that upscaling is straightforward but the hard work is embedded in the WTA algorithm which enables the hardware to precisely follow the rise/attack and decay of transients with complete and total accuracy.

Agreed but interesting to get the opinions of someone who has compared both, especially with a high end server like the Antipodes EX. At the Canadian Antipodes prices I would be very tempted to try. Not so sure at the UK prices.

Feb 18, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #208 of 6,288
Your router allows both wired and wireless device to communicate with each other, it’s transparent to the devices whether they are wired or not as they share the same communication protocol.
in poly, with roon, you just select Roon as the end point.
without Roon, poly can be controlled via MPD playback software like cantana as it is also an mpd server (mpd is a music communication protocol).
There are other apps like mConnect that you can use to control poly via DLNA protocol, and these apps also can see your tidal and qobuz accounts, so you can play music from them services at full res over the network to poly, and will be same for 2go I presume.
There are apps for Android, Apple and windows that can control poly in these ways.

Now that it's confirmed (for I anyways) Poly is a MPD Server, I had flashbacks when I controlled music playback via CLI with the mpc client. Long time ago, but not longer than music streaming with Winamp days.

I don't understand GoFigure at all. Does that get in the way of Cantana? Once GoFigure is setup, Cantana is as simple as IP and password to connect to the Poly. I just looked at the latest MPD clients:

https://www.musicpd.org/clients/

Looks like someone with a Poly can connect with other non-recommended apps to read SD card:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/maximummpd/id1437096437

Once you get over the GoFigure gatekeeper, it may open up a whole new world of display possibilities. Like a RPi0 w/ a OLED or e-ink screen running a MPD client wirelessly. Or Android Wear, etc...

Interesting...

Feb 18, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #209 of 6,288
Digital souce does matter for sure. Just sold my mscaler and went Antipodes EX with HQPlayer embedded. This has given me the sound upgrade promised by the mscaler but never delivered without K$’s of rfi mitigating cables. And all for less then mscaler.

Glad to see someone progressive and address the elephant in the room, RFI.

Open-minded enough to not defend their expensive purchases and instead move on to what fits them best.

Some though prefer the brightness and harshness of RFI, so maybe it's turned into a preference these days. I liken Chord products to medical devices which RFI wreaks havoc with so rather be immune. If you can make medical devices immune to RFI, you would think you would try everything in your power to do so... But I understand if you need to balance convenience with minimal RFI versus complete immunity.

Look forward to if there is an increase synergy with the RPi NAA + Antipodes EX.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #210 of 6,288
Once you get over the GoFigure gatekeeper, it may open up a whole new world of display possibilities. Like a RPi0 w/ a OLED or e-ink screen running a MPD client wirelessly. Or Android Wear, etc...
Certainly some owners have used Apple watch to control Poly, for example.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-15022961
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-14169196
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-14886856

Unfortunately I haven't found any references to Android Wear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back