Choosing the right transformer?
Dec 3, 2009 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Arlekiin

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Allright so the problem is choosing the right transformer as the one mentioned in the project is discontinued.

The one I am talking about is "Hammond 269AX" which can be seen in this datasheet

So what I need is, is help with choosing a random amplifier suitable for tube amplifier and meeting the same specs as Hammon 269AX.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #3 of 7
Oh nice to see its still available, cant order from there though...shipping would be 40 Pounds for me :S considering how much the thing itself costs its too much.

Anyways I am trying to find a similar transformer built by INDEL

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you for the tip
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok now I have managed to secure few places I can get my transformers from but the underlying question remains...

How do I know which transformer is really good for audio? I haveb been reading about all sorts of transformers with iron or silver cores etc...
Can someone tell me If there is a good way to determine if the transformer is good for audio purposes?

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 7
It is a power transformer, not an audio transformer. So long as it is good enough quality not to be mechanically noisy or electrically faulty, sound quality is largely redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back