Choosing around ear headphones!
Jan 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

newb1000

New Head-Fier
OK, waaaay too much information at the moment.

I need recommendations for the following:

Need around ear headphones. Want to use them travelling and at home, not necessarily walking down the street.

Listen to wide range of stuff - though not particularly bass heavy stuff (so not Dr Dres!). Classical, pop, classic rock... vocal.

Don't want a lot of noise leakage (not loads - read that the Grado ones have a lot of noise leakage).

Was looking at the Bose AE2 - these are at the upper end of price range - resident in Europe.  Prefer to spend something like 100 euros/130 us dollars or price of Bose AE2!!

Just want a nice/excellent listening experience with around ear type phones which will block out some ambient noise and not have everyone within 15 feet hearing what i'm listening to even at lowish/med volumes!

Any recommendations are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 5
I have purchased some Shure srh840's and love them. They are neutral, and play every genre very well. From classical to hip hop. However, on the traveling aspect of things the chord would be pretty annoying. but i think i saw a shorter one thats no coiled. are you going to be using an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back