choose best headphones amp for rs1
Mar 21, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 10
yes, woo going to be on my list, phonitor, zana , beta (2-3 boards since you're not looking fr balance cheap and good) OR sell the rs1 and get stax
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 10
While the WA 6 variants sound great with Grados (not so much the WA OTL amps)... as well as Senns and other phones... if I were limiting it to amps that matched well with RS-1's... I'd likely get the MAD Ear+ HD variants, which everyone raves about with Grados... or maybe... the Blue Circle Audio SS (SBH or Hat Peed), or the ALO Amphora SS amps.

Mar 22, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 10
The best two that I've ever heard with the RS1/RS1i:

Melos SHA-Gold
Mapletree Ear+HD (or any other MAD headphone tube amp)

The Woo6 was also nice as was the much maligned RA1.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Woo6 was also nice as was the much maligned RA1.

Yes... I almost forgot... for the money... the RA1 is superb with Grados - though, I'd get the A/C version to avoid the battery hassle. But... don't expect it to do much for high impedance, less efficient phones.

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 10
Tube: WA6SE/WA5LE, Zana.

SS: Phonitor, GS-1, Luxman P-1/P-1u.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #10 of 10
Thanks to all, my decision just now is between wa6se, beta22 3 channel, I must say to you that I am owner of ps1 and l3000 headphones too ,They all are sensitive and of low impedance, I have listened phonitor and it is too cold in my personal opinion, Ear hp4 is just now a dream difficult to obtain, If you could tell me more information, which help myself to deciding I would be very grateful , regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back