Choice Between JVC FX1X and FX3X
Dec 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Snyper0012

100+ Head-Fier
I am deciding whether I should get the FX1X and FX3X by JVC. The FX3X apparently features a carbon diaphragm versus the paper diaphragm on the FX1X, and an alunium housing. I am just curious about the difference between these two earphones, and if it is really worth the extra 18$ for the FX3X. The FX1X is on sale in Canada for 19$, and the FX3X at 35$ at future shop. Thank you for your consideration.

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Ok I've bought and have already tried out my JVC FX3X and wow... what a difference I can tell already compared to my old headphones. I am getting a slight static noise when nothing is playing though. Also, is it normal for the high end of the sound to be a little exaggerated when I first get it, and will the bass become clearer after I break it in? Seems a little muzzled right now, but it is barely noticeable.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 4
 Ok I've bought and have already tried out my JVC FX3X and wow... what a difference I can tell already compared to my old headphones. I am getting a slight static noise when nothing is playing though. Also, is it normal for the high end of the sound to be a little exaggerated when I first get it, and will the bass become clearer after I break it in? Seems a little muzzled right now, but it is barely noticeable.

Hey hi there...um I currently have the FX1Xs and they are amazing. I'm sure tho that you are having more fun with your FX3X(you are arent u). Abt the bass I think the 3x having a carbon diaphragm will take a little longer to burn in. So listen for long and I'm sure you will notice the diff. Mainly the bass will become a little um..."looser" than first. As for the highs I'm not too sure abt the 3x. But good choice u made I'm thinking whether its worth the upgrade.

Whoops i replied 2 yrs late lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back