Chocolate
May 18, 2005 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

grox

100+ Head-Fier
Well we've had watch-fi, bourbon-fi, knife-fi and some others.

What's the best chocolate in the world? I've just had some swiss chocolate (I forget the brand) which rich and smooth and beautiful. I don't like the oversweet consumer chocolate that dominates today's supermarkets as much as I do REAL chocolate (>85% cocoa).

So what's the best chocolate in the world? where do the beans come from?

May 18, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 12
I do not know which brand is best, but I prefer Semi-Sweet over Milk Chocolate any day.
Much more intense chocolate flavor
icon10.gif

May 19, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #9 of 12
To avoid a thread battle by reviving those old threads, I'm just going to post here.

In the States, I've always been somewhat partial to Godiva -- it's so rich and it has a certain flavor to it. It's the only chocolate company with a signature taste that really sticks out in my mind.

In Japan, there's a "nama choco" company in Hokkaido that is absolutely amazing. That company's name is Royce' (the apostrophe is strange and I don't understand why it's included in the company name, but it's there nonetheless). Namachoco is a style of chocolate that is very soft and should be kept refrigerated. It is typically eaten with a small plastic fork and when you place it in your mouth you are treated to a burst of cool chocolate goodness as it languidly melts in your mouth. It's a winning combination of texture and richness.
title_img_2.jpg

When I need a chocolate fix, I usually opt for Tirol chocolates (pronounced chi-ro-ru). These are little squares that you can find in most any Japanese convenience store. Their trademark coffee caramel chocolate is awesome. I could eat a whole box of those by myself in one sitting, if given the opportunity.
info-img14.gif

May 19, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #10 of 12
I'm going to go with a local chocolate shop:

http://chocolate-utopia.co.uk/

If you are in Nottingham (in the UK) check this little place out - it is off Market Square in the City Centre. The chocolates are fantastic, not like the mass produced crap you can buy in supermarkets, etc.

It's such a small outfit that they don't take credit cards! Oh the good old days.
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back