"Chiunifi" official Chicago get-together November 17th 2007
Sep 18, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #16 of 150
morphsci, your woodied SR225's have peaked my interest big time. Is it headphile woodied SR225's?

In any case, please bring them to the meet! I'm extremely curious to hear them.

I can make it definitely. Here's what I can bring:

Sony SCD-CE595 (as transport)
Great March (first GM, user modded)
Eddie Current EC/SS (2nd Gen)
Grado SR225's, Sennheiser EH150's

Sep 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #17 of 150
Hey, would it be OK to bring my PC so I could actually use my DAC? I thought it would be to much trouble, but if it would be all right with you then I would be happy to!

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 150
Count me in.

That Holiday Inn is 2 blocks from Shure headquarters and 2 miles from Ray's house.

If there is interest I will check and see if I can organize a tour of our Performance / Listening Center (PLC). It's pretty awesome. If there are 30 people at the meet I can probably do three groups of 10 people during the day.

Let me know.

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #20 of 150
I would DEFINITELY be interested in a tour!

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 150
Well, if GLF is coming I have to be there. Round three will be interesting as I've upped the source ante. But that damn Bottlehead is a sleeper man. Billy, can you make sure Andrew and I get located close to each other?

Gear:

Resolution Audio Opus 21 CDP
Zana Deux
Musical Fidelity X-Ray v3 CDP (if I still have it then)
DAC-AH
MS2i
K701
HD650 w/ Cardas

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #25 of 150
Nice replies so far.

I am waiting on a few calls from companies to put something together Officially for the Chiunifi get-together itself. we both have to talk so we can make sure the timing of events in the event does not inflict with any other events..event..event.

I am holding off on putting any member list up just now. i am reading and counting all the people who reply so far. i am also Waiting off on putting up the friends list but so far so many have been willing to help us. Todd Green should make it out to display and give us some toys to donate. We all know Ray Samuel's is up for both. Todd R fits in like a glove and is willing to give something for the raffle also. I thank these guys so much but I am waiting on a few more to call me..

also i will be posting a due date for the Chiunifi myspace. anyone has ideas on what they would like to see or if they can help pm me anytime. not sure what we will do this year with it but we can easily use it for next...

speaking of next the support is amazing! Boom Shaka has brought up some really good points so far! as far as looking into it now I want you all to just think if your willing to roll Chiunifi in the next year and what WE could possibly do with it. obviously this year's get-together is on my mind so i am willing and wanting AND waiting to talk with all of you boys/gals at the event on the 17th about next year..hell i don't even have a price for the raffle yet..i think we should decide that at the event itself..We decide it...

until anything else um thanks for support...keep talking away Members..keep talking..
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #26 of 150
Also if you guys wanna support Chiunifi with a custom avatar now you have three choices...
avart2.jpg

avart.jpg

avart3.jpg

Click on "usercp" on the top left of your screen while logged into your Head-fi account.
on the left of the screen you have a section called "Control panel" under which you will see a link named "Edit Avatar"..click that
out of the two options they give you go under option one and just paste the copied link to the Avatar you like and hit "save"..

thanks! let me know if the instructions or pics go wrong anytime!

Sep 20, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if GLF is coming I have to be there. Round three will be interesting as I've upped the source ante. But that damn Bottlehead is a sleeper man. Billy, can you make sure Andrew and I get located close to each other?

Gear:

Resolution Audio Opus 21 CDP
Zana Deux
Musical Fidelity X-Ray v3 CDP (if I still have it then)
DAC-AH
MS2i
K701
HD650 w/ Cardas

You got an Opus? **** beans. I am screwed. I would love to hear the Opus 21 though, it is on my wishlist.

Andrew

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #29 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol! Yeah, the stars aligned and I found out I have a
very good loan policy at my Credit Union. And it sounds pretty damn good.

A_Sr.

well at least try to hold on to the MF because I think I have that beat. I dont know about the opus, that will probably be a red ass beat down...

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back