ChiUniFi 8 meet impressions and pictures thread
Jun 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #46 of 59
I'm glad to hear that people enjoyed the Fazored LCD-3. I hate to sound biased, but it was still my favorite thing I heard at the meet (my setup, durr), OTHER THAN the SR-009, which makes me weep tears of joy & disappointment (that I'll never afford one) every time I hear it. 

It seemed like people who expected the same sort of warmth typical of earlier Audez'e cans preferred the non-Fazored version, while people searching for a can with natural sounding treble and great extension and resolution both ways preferred the Fazored LCD-3. 

I also think a big reason for the sound is the pairing. The LD MKVI+ and the NFB-10ES2 are imminently neutral, but the MKVI+ has GOBS of power. Let me look it up...yeah, 5W into 120 ohms. that means just about 4.6W per channel. The Audez'e
cans aren't usually power hungry (in fact, they're usually current hungry), but the sheer output power of the MKVI+ swings it.

Anyway, below are some pics I took. I'll probably post some more long-winded impressions tonight.

Kojaku

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #47 of 59
Looks like everyone had a great time! I was sad that I wasn't able to attend this year - but there is always ChiUniFiNine!

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #49 of 59
Also, big shout-out to Rob for taking the picture that would make my butt the new face of ChiUniFi 8. LOL.

Kojaku

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #51 of 59
LOLOL!!!!! Hey, doesn't matter what you're famous for, as long as you're famous :p

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #52 of 59
A great time folks. I walked away most impressed by the Hugo. Damn nothing has sounded better with my 846s. Sorry some of you who wanted to hear 846s didn't get a chance. I showed up on the late side of things due to the construction. If your are in the Chicagoland area and want to give a listen, shoot me a PM.

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #53 of 59
Wow, Skylab caught me totally unawares and took what is clearly not the most flattering pic of me (but I won't say which one I'm in, so unless you know my face by sight you'll never be able to point at me and laugh and say, "hahahaha look at that guy!").

Will follow up with impressions... one day... (just got a lot going on right now!)

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #56 of 59
.....The Allnic amps were incredible, injecting tube magic into every track and with every headphone. I am blown away again just as before, I really wish more people heard this amps.

Great to finally hear some impression about ALLNIC's headphone amp !  Thanks

Did you auditioned the new 3000 or the "BIG" 5000 ? With which headphone ?

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #57 of 59
both!

and the he-6 and hpa5000..... incredible but i shall say no more for now :p

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #58 of 59
both!

and the he-6 and hpa5000..... incredible but i shall say no more for now
tongue.gif

please.... I wonder if the BIG HPA5000 is still better (with the right headphone) than the brand new HPA3000 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back