`ChiUniFi 6 Official Thread - June 16, 2012 - Sheraton Chicago Northbrook - 10 am to 5 pm
Jun 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #152 of 162
Quote:
A few last minute requests for things id like to be able to hear :D

It seems one amplifier manufacturer that were severely lacking is anything from Eddie Current, does anyone have any Eddie Current amps they could bring? preferrably the BA or the new S7.

One of the new Audio-GD Master series headphone amps either 5/6/8 would be cool too.

And Skylab i was wondering if you would be so kind as to bring your Stepdance? Its one of the portables I've always wanted to be able to hear.

and a goofy addition, anyone have any porta pros they could bring? I've actually never had the chance to hear this legendary phone.

Being the unorganized person that I am, I did not mention what my +1 and I are bringing.  We will definitely have the BA there.  More surprise equipment too!

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #153 of 162
Quote:

Being the unorganized person that I am, I did not mention what my +1 and I are bringing.  We will definitely have the BA there.  More surprise equipment too!

I am going to have to get up to Rockford for mini meets with all that equipment.
smile.gif

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #155 of 162
won't be able to go 
frown.gif

work + my messed up sleep schedule.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #156 of 162
Quote:
won't be able to go 
frown.gif

work + my messed up sleep schedule.

Sux.

I'll be taking photos at the meet. Let me know if you want any specific montage. I was just gonna take shots of all the set-ups and a few candid photos.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #157 of 162
I'll be bringing a friend, I think.  I have no car, so we're riding the Metra up there and bringing whatever we can fit in our backpacks.  I'm thinking:

Headphones:

Fostex TH-900
Ultrasone Edition 8
Ultrasone Signature Pro
Audez'e LCD-3 (I won't be bringing a proper amp for it, but I'm hoping to hear it in some other people's rigs)
Maybe the Grado RS1i's?

Other stuff:

Fostex HP-P1
Maybe my Lehmann BCL?  It's fairly small and hooking it up to the HP-P1 might make for some kind of rig.

I was going top bring a bunch of Hifiman stuff, but Hifiman is apparently going to b e there, so I don't see the point.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #158 of 162
Quote:
I will probably arrive between 11:30 and noon the way it looks. My son RJ will be joining, I believe he has been to at least 5 other head-Fi meets...

Rob, I'm looking forward to seeing you (and RJ) again.

Quote:
Have a great meet tomorrow guys, wish I could've been there to catch up with the Chicago folks. I can't believe Jude is going to be at this meet too - been seeing him pop up more frequently at regular meets lately. If this is a competition for the meetmeister tag, then I guess I need to start stepping it up.
tongue.gif

Also just wanted to give kudos to Audio Addict here for his obvious dedication & effort towards the meet and the ChiUniFi legacy.
smile.gif
A lot of work clearly went into the organization and on top of that I see he's transporting a ton of gear, most of which isn't his. I almost want to thank Audio Addict for his time & effort myself and I'm not even going to be there. Seriously, at the level of effort he's given towards the meet, he deserves more than just mere words of thanks in a meet impressions thread.

Asr, sorry you're not coming, man. Would've been nice to run into you again. There's still a long way to go before I can catch up to the MeetMeister, so your title is safe. 
smile.gif

And ditto regarding Audio Addict.

Quote:
If that doesn't work out, I'm on your way, and could pick you up somewhere as well. Tho I would be leaving early after the event, so you'd need to track down a different way back. 

liamstrain, very kind of you to offer the ride. I just confirmed with SoupRKnowva, so I should be good to get there. Thanks again.

See you all in the morning!

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #162 of 162
I started the meet impressions thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/614720/chiunifi-6-meet-impressions-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back