"ChiUniFi 4" the Official and Annual Chicago Headphone Get-together November 13th 2010
Nov 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #226 of 239

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just a quick note just in case skylab (rob) reads this.  I know your going to the game tomorrow (even though we want you with us), but maybe post if you are going to make it to the meet.  I was the one who wanted to use that tube tester, but I'm not going to bring them if your not going to be able to be there.  just planning ahead.

Keith the odds of my making it are very, very small at this point.  I'd suggest not to bring your tubes.  Sorry about that man.

I hope you guys have a GREAT time!

Thanks for the heads up Rob.  maybe I'll bring over some beer and pizza and we can test tubes someday.  enjoy the game with your dad.  You will be missed at the meet.

You would be welcome to!

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #229 of 239
Had a great time at my first ChiUniFi!  Met a lot of great people and heard a lot of incredible gear.  Meets like this are a lot more intimate than large ones such as CanJam.  Thank you to those who hosted and organized the event.  Cant wait til next year.

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #230 of 239
I have to agree, this was my first ChiUniFi and meet up in general...

A lot of great people and headphones to listen to, now my issue is which pair.

A big Thank You goes out to Billy, Steve and everyone else that made this event happen.  I got some cool gifts, they will help me into the world of headphones....

Can't wait til next years meet.

James

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #231 of 239
First, a huge thanks to Billy and Steve for putting huge time into organizing the meet.  This was my first meet and was a very positive experience.

All in all a very fun outing.  Met some awesome people and was able to put some faces with names.

Looking forward to next year.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #232 of 239
Have to say, for my first meet, ChiUniFi 4 has set an amazingly high bar!  Big thanks to Billy and Steve for the tremendous job they did putting the meet together,  The location was great and the quality and quantity of raffle prizes was flat out astonishing!  Was extremely lucky to win a pair of Westone 3s in the raffle and the quality of their sound already has me re-appraising all my other gear and re-ripping my music -- guess I just hit the slippery slope of this hobby!

That said, the huge variety of gear present at ChiUniFi 4 really gave me a chance to see and hear what's possible and I was completely impressed with the knowledge and friendliness of the other attendees; especially Darryl and Ray S.  Gear testing and listening fun aside, the conversations in-between were great and it was a pleasant surprise to talk music with so many knowledgeable folks.  Already looking forward to ChiUniFi 5!

Have to also extend thanks to Head-Fi for their support and for really encouraging the sense of community here.  Have taken part in many different forums over the years and Head-Fi consistently stands out for the quality of the information and the folks that share what they know so freely.

Thanks again to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back