"ChiUniFi 4" the Official and Annual Chicago Headphone Get-together November 13th 2010
Oct 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #77 of 239
Hi --

Was excited to see ChiUniFi 4 noted in the latest HeadFi newsletter and wondered if you're at capacity yet?  I'll be in Chicago that weekend and have never been to a meet.  As someone just becoming a "headfier", have a zillion questions about gear.  My "rig" is quite modest so far (Grado SR225s, Sennheiser 550s, NuForce Icon portable and iPod, Sony, iRiver sources).

Please let me know -- and thanks!

Matt

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #78 of 239
x2, just saw the mention in the newsletter. Stil room?

Equipment I could bring:
Headphones: HE-5LEs, Panasonic CZs, SR-60, Fostex T50RP
Amps: Little Dot VI, Asgard, MiniWatt with headphone adaptor, First Watt F2 clone
DAC: HRT Streamer Pro, 

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #79 of 239
Yes there still is room, speaking of room i will be putting together a primary attendance and gear list together in the next week or two to get a better understanding where we sit with people wanting to come. from that list i will send a pm to everyone confirmation like i did in 2007 with the first chiunifi.

i got the email yesterday with the link to the event and i must say I really had to take a double look at it because it was just so heart felt this event and all of us are in the newsletter, seriously Thank you Jude and Head-Fi for not only including us in the newsletter but Giving us all this space to have events and meets on the Internet. really REALLY Awesome!

as far as friends are going.. Steve is still on a roll with Handling and running with the Friends list because in the next update we have at-least two more friends who agreed to help us! i am going to make you wait and check for the update early next week though..i love suspense..got to keep some!

the update for next week instead of going for the Tuesday mourning i will shoot for monday mourning this time. two reasons, first i have been doing mini Illinois vacations on monday/tuesday and being almost a month away i want to start the updates more frequently as we get closer.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #80 of 239
Guys I have to drop my status to "Tentative".  I'm going to the Northwestern-Iowa game that same day, and the time is still "TBA".  Depending on when the game actually is, I may or not be able to make the meet.  So please give my spot to anyone who is firmly wanting to come, if there are any space limitations.

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #81 of 239

Quote:
Guys I have to drop my status to "Tentative".  I'm going to the Northwestern-Iowa game that same day, and the time is still "TBA".  Depending on when the game actually is, I may or not be able to make the meet.  So please give my spot to anyone who is firmly wanting to come, if there are any space limitations.

biggrin.gif
 That is just a football game you can record,  This is ChiUniFi IV.
biggrin.gif
  How can you even compare the two, especially with the fantastic raffle this year.

I know I wouldn't even think about attending a Saluki game compared to ChiUniFi.  Loyalty has to be somewhere and that is considering the Salukis help me get where I am today in life as without them, I don't know where I would be.  Maybe a down and out drunk.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #82 of 239
I just read about this in the newsletter.  I loved Canjam this year so I'm definitely going to attend this!  I also have a friend from work who would like to come if there is room.

Oct 2, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #86 of 239
Below is the excerpt from the newsletter.

Upcoming Head-Fi Meets, All Over The World

If you haven't been to a Head-Fi Meet yet, it's highly recommended that you check one out, to listen to some awesome member systems, and, most of all, for the good times with other audio and music enthusiasts.  Check the list below to see if there are any in your area in the coming weeks/months.

1. November 13, 2010 - Chicago, IL - "ChiUniFi 4"

In addition to ChiUniFi IV, it had links to other upcoming meets.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #89 of 239
Hi Billy! I missed the few last meets including the national one
frown.gif
I have put this one on my calendar with a reminder. Would be great to touch bases with some of the old members and maybe check out some of the new gear. Also a chance to dust off my own gear, hope it still works
wink.gif
  I have a few friends that inquired about the meets and should be stopping by with a couple of them. Not planning on dragging in any of my old gear unless someone insists on hearing some of it. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Billy let me know if you need any help with anything.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #90 of 239
By the way, would love to checkout any new electrostatic amps. Hopefully Ray will be there with his new (to me) toy
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back