Chinese planar driver, any good?
Jul 1, 2022 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

urbanbertil

New Head-Fier
Hello đź‘‹

Im wondering if anyone had tried any of the chinese planar drivers on AliExpress. I have only used dynamic drivers so far and the price is a bit beyond those for the planars so some input would be very appreciated. I am especially interested in these which seem to have a pretty flat fr:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKSkC8i

58EE4654-2492-4EBB-9BD7-68796742A116.jpeg
I am also interested if anyone knows where you can find good drivers outside of AliExpress ofcourse.

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 4
Some of the folks here in the DIY forum might have experience with these. Full Compass used to sell Fostex drivers, but they don't seem to anymore. But they might be a nice resource for other parts.

At this price, you could probably buy a T50RP or Hifiman and use the drivers in your own cups. Then sell the chassis off for parts.

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Jul 1, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Some of the folks here in the DIY forum might have experience with these. Full Compass used to sell Fostex drivers, but they don't seem to anymore. But they might be a nice resource for other parts.

At this price, you could probably buy a T50RP or Hifiman and use the drivers in your own cups. Then sell the chassis off for parts.
Thank you! Buying ready headphones feels kind of boring, I don’t know but it doesn’t feel as good but if nothing else works out its always a good option. Im trying to access Full Compass but the website doesn’t seem to work in Sweden :/

Is there really any point in buying planars at this price point or will dynamic drivers do just as fine? What I’m searching for is a fast driver with detail, treble extension, and as flat fr as possible ofcourse. I haven’t listened or used planars before but I really want to try them.

If I don’t find anything about them I might just have to buy them hehe.
Im going to search for some forums!

Thank you very much for the code!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back