Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 9, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #13,711 of 33,689
I just found the warning quite odd, was really hoping it was a bad translation.

It really is a valid warning for someone with a pacemaker..but it is not difficult to keep the magnet 10cm ( 4 inches) away from where the pm would be implanted. The fact that they left out the pacemaker part tells me that whoever designed the box had no idea what they were writing or why. Even if the warning is not included on most of our stuff it is actually the general guideline.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #13,712 of 33,689
Astrotec AM800M Review

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/astrotec-am800m/

photo_2017-11-21_13-29-20.jpg
Nice review , like it,

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #13,713 of 33,689
Yeah, the RT-01 seems to get quite mixed reviews so far. Some people seem to rate them higher than good $200 offerings while others (my self included) seem to think that they're a decent $50 offering. So far I've seen about as many comments in both camps.......

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #13,714 of 33,689
So I've been doing some research and I've come across the TIN Audio T2's. Audiobudget's review and measurements look very promising, but I was wondering if anyone else had some input. I've been looking for IEMs that are bassy tilted, but have very clean, impactful, and well controlled bass, and these seem to fit the bill quite well. Also considering the Carbo Tenores. I know they're not Chi-fi, but I was wondering if anyone had heard both. Other recommendations welcomed too.

Thanks.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #13,715 of 33,689
So I've been doing some research and I've come across the TIN Audio T2's. Audiobudget's review and measurements look very promising, but I was wondering if anyone else had some input. I've been looking for IEMs that are bassy tilted, but have very clean, impactful, and well controlled bass, and these seem to fit the bill quite well. Also considering the Carbo Tenores. I know they're not Chi-fi, but I was wondering if anyone had heard both. Other recommendations welcomed too.

Thanks.
You might wanna steer away from tenore's then. Tenore has a very clean and lean sound signature, with a hint boost of bass punch. So its like the bass reaches pretty deep but when climbing up the 150Hz mark and up, it suddenly drops, making it sound very clean and clear, lack of warmth IMO.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #13,716 of 33,689
You might wanna steer away from tenore's then. Tenore has a very clean and lean sound signature, with a hint boost of bass punch. So its like the bass reaches pretty deep but when climbing up the 150Hz mark and up, it suddenly drops, making it sound very clean and clear, lack of warmth IMO.
If I'm understanding what you're trying to explain, no graph seems to match what you're saying, and I haven't heard any impressions that align with that either.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #13,717 of 33,689
I have seen that warning on a few things but this one forgot the second part..it is for people with pacemakers because pacemakers can be affected by magnets. So don't worry. If you do have a pacemaker just don't hang your iems,buds or headphones around your neck.

Maybe they just don't want you to fall in love with them?

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #13,718 of 33,689
Maybe they just don't want you to fall in love with them?

LOL I actually thought about that last night:) But if they mean "heart" in that sense I would think that they WOULD want you to fall in love with them.

I really do have that warning on a few things so I instantly recognized that part... it is just so weird taken out of context.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #13,719 of 33,689
LOL I actually thought about that last night:) But if they mean "heart" in that sense I would think that they WOULD want you to fall in love with them.

I really do have that warning on a few things so I instantly recognized that part... it is just so weird taken out of context.

I sure that your take is correct. But they do need to guard themselves from alienation of affection law suites.

Dec 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #13,720 of 33,689

I take it from a spiritual view. I take it that it means not to put your heart to it. For it is a temporary item. A man made object that sooner or later will break and putting your heart in it will only make you experience loss and sadness. Maybe it's a message to all of us. That sooner or later we will move on or forget all the past headphones we have ever bought and in time even our most beloved pair will part with us someday.....

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #13,721 of 33,689
If I'm understanding what you're trying to explain, no graph seems to match what you're saying, and I haven't heard any impressions that align with that either.
I just took a look at 3 different graphs from 3 sources online. It doesn't exactly 100% displays what I heard when I had it but there is for sure a rough steep drop in the mid to upper bass section. Although I can for sure tell you the very first time you hear the tenore's the first word that comes to your mind is CLEAR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back